Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Rumour: AC: Comet (CG) set in North America; Templar

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

As we reported last week—and Ubisoft confirmedUnity, set during the French Revolution, will be on both PC and two current-gen consoles: Xbox One and PS4. We also mentioned that Comet is the last-gen version, and it will be released this fall for Xbox 360 and PS3. (We haven't yet heard anything about Wii U, and we don't yet know if Comet will also be on PC.)

Yesterday, the French website GameBlog reported a number of details surrounding Comet and its story. A Redditor named GalakFyarr translated the article here. (Kotaku's Evan Narcisse used his French skills to verify GalakFyarr's translation, which looks about right.)

GameBlog's report claims that Comet will take place in and around 1758; that it will star a sailor named Shay who betrays the captain of his ship; and that it's set on the Atlantic Ocean. Comet, GameBlog says, will continue the nautical theme established in last year's Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

We haven't been able to confirm all of those plot details, and some of it appears to be speculation by GameBlog. But people familiar with Comet tell us that this fall's last-gen Assassin's Creed will indeed be set in North America and star a protagonist named Shay, who is a member of the Templars, the assassin-hating order that has traditionally served as primary antagonist in the Assassin's Creed games.

We also hear that Comet will let you go to New York and do a great deal of sailing along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. One source describes the game as a cross between Assassin's Creed III and the Freedom Cry DLC for Assassin's Creed IV. Sources also say that Haytham Kenway and Adewalé will make appearances, among other returning AC characters. ..

Kotaku: Sources: Assassin's Creed Comet Will Let You Play As A Templar

IGN: Assassin's Creed Comet May Star a Templar in North America

"Comet is, according to GameBlog, a direct sequel to Black Flag."was the most interesting piece of news to me. I thought it'd be interesting if have an Egypt game this year. But uh, well this is good too. I guess..

So I'm just gonna assume AC: Unity's Paris doesn't have much sailing, while AC: Comet here would be the sailing game this year. New York was the more interesting setting from AC III, so that might be alright to go back to that. Shay doesn't sound like the most interesting name ever, though.

All in all though, it'd be awesome to see Haytham, and (a much older) Adewalé again. Maybe we might see more of the Templar headquarters, like we had seen in AC III once.Thoughts?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They're kind of half-assing these new names, aren't they?

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refuse to buy any Assassin's Creed game unless there were four coming out the same month and they all had random names.

When AC: Monitor and AC: DeskLamp are announced, call me. Until then no AC for me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halley's Comet passed by around then. I'm kind of curious to see what they do with that(it's called Comet, that has to be what it's about, right?) Assuming this is a really game, that is.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowing nothing other than "one's in Paris and one has boats", I'm way more excited for the boat one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.