Ubisoft E3 Email reveals the look of new Assassin!

#1 Edited by Nictel (2443 posts) -

So I got this email from ubisoft just now:

http://newsletters.ubi.com/EMEA/E3_live_conf_110605/nl_index.html

So start speculating!

Myself, I think looking at him that he is dressed for colder weather, seeing the fur, also beard so then AC3 will take place in an important city probably somewhere in the time after da vinci but before anything all to modern.

So I'm calling it now: Assassins Creed 3 plays in Russia, Moscow most likely, during the time of the Romanovs.

#2 Edited by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@Nictel: Guess you haven't heard of AC: Revelations? That's still Ezio, and he's in Constantinople now.
#3 Posted by JuggertrainUK (211 posts) -

Are you sure its not Ezio ?
#4 Posted by Jimbo (10008 posts) -

Have you been trapped in an Animus for the past month?

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

Old news is old.

#6 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

That looks a lot like Ezio. I don't think Ubisoft would reveal a new Assassin through an E-mail invite. That just seems clueless even for them.

#7 Posted by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -
@Jimbo said:

Haha!! That's pretty good!! ;)
#8 Posted by rmanthorp (4064 posts) -
@Nictel: This has all been said before it's not AC3
#9 Posted by Ghostiet (5345 posts) -
@KillaWolf13 said:
@Jimbo said:

Haha!! That's pretty good!! ;)
No, it ain't.
#10 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Failure is funny to watch.

That is not a new assassin at all, in fact we've been hanging out with that guy for a long time now

#11 Posted by Willin (1286 posts) -

I was half hoping it was Mr Ghost Recon on the right :(

#12 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:

Ahahaha. 
The animus allows the viewing of future generations in AC4. Or is it 3? Whatever, annualising this franchise is going to kill it.
#13 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Maybe he's the modern templar? He has a shield on his back!

#14 Edited by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:

Maybe he's the modern templar? He has a shield on his back!

God, I want the AC universe to meld with Splinter Cell so bad. Those games are already totally crazy, just say Altair is an ancestor of Fisher and I'd be happy.
#15 Posted by JoeyRavn (4986 posts) -

@Slaker117 said:

God, I want the AC universe to meld with Splinter Cell so bad. Those games are already totally crazy, just say Fisher is an ancestor of Altair and I'd be happy.

How... would that work?

Also, this thread is hilarious.

#16 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@JoeyRavn: Fuck, other way around. Fixed.
#17 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@Slaker117
Well. It's not impossible, but since Fisher doesn't have any assassin powers, that's not very likely. Then again, one could always say that modern technology have replaced the need to have that Eagle Vision. 
Also; Fisher and the Splinter Cells are the closest modern operatives that works in similar fashions as the assassins. Climbing and stealth and quick executions.  

It's impossible they'll go that route for the simple reason that Splinter Cell is a Tom Clancy franchise, and I don't think they want to mix it up. Unless that's the real reason why they are holding off on AC3. :P 

**edit* Was aimed at Slaker. 
#18 Posted by Bollard (5870 posts) -

Fail thread is fail. Lock this shit.

#19 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay: I know it won't happen, but it's just too funny in my mind. I've already come up with the super-cheesy, but totally plausible way it would tie in and would love to hear the Bomb Crew react to that actually happening in game. :P
#20 Posted by DillonWerner (1520 posts) -
@Chavtheworld said:
Fail thread is fail. Lock this shit.
#21 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

Man, I can't wait to play as Ezio again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.