Assassins Creed 2.... Any News?

#1 Posted by MachoFantastico (4889 posts) -

As anything been heard about Assassins Creed 2?

A great game that needs a sequel, wonder what they'll do though. I have heard its going to be set at the sametime as the original which makes sense but would love to see some scenes set in modern day.

Sadly haven't heard anything yet, tho these games can take time in production.

#2 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

I could go for a sequel, the end of the last one certainly left some interesting stuff up in the air. I thought maybe E3 would have been the time to hear an announcement...but maybe it's not far enough along.

Get ready for some "AC sucked" posts...

#3 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

They will probably start talking about it once Prince of Persia has been released.

#4 Posted by RobDaFunk (336 posts) -
ZimpanX said:
"They will probably start talking about it once Prince of Persia has been released."
yeah, Jade Raymond hasn't got much on at the mo after confirming shes not working on "I'm Alive".

but surely we won't see a AC2 in 2009 tho, gotta be a 2010 release....that sounds TOO far away.

;)
#5 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Whenever it does come out, I can't wait!

#6 Posted by Kaido (249 posts) -
Megalon said:
Get ready for some "AC sucked" posts..."
Actually, no. It didn't really suck, but the repetition makes your head spin.

And the bridging sections of each chapter and the ending rocked hard.
#7 Posted by RagingLion (1368 posts) -

Nothing's been confirmed.  It will be 2010 maybe even 2011 release I think.  All I know comes from the end of Assassin's Creed and reading up on some interpretations of what you can see when you use your special vision back in the modern day world.  To me it seemed that there were 2 main locations that were eluded to in those writings (apart from every conspiracy theory going): the mayan culture and Japan.  I fully expect to see AC2 set somewhere separate to medieval Palestine.  Did mayan culture have loads of tightly crammed buildings in their settlements suitable for free-running?  Japan could work - some really great ninja stealth assassination action.

#8 Posted by RobDaFunk (336 posts) -
RagingLion said:
"Nothing's been confirmed.  It will be 2010 maybe even 2011 release I think.  All I know comes from the end of Assassin's Creed and reading up on some interpretations of what you can see when you use your special vision back in the modern day world.  To me it seemed that there were 2 main locations that were eluded to in those writings (apart from every conspiracy theory going): the mayan culture and Japan.  I fully expect to see AC2 set somewhere separate to medieval Palestine.  Did mayan culture have loads of tightly crammed buildings in their settlements suitable for free-running?  Japan could work - some really great ninja stealth assassination action."

The Mayan angle sounds much more interesting than the Japan option.....we've all played plenty of Stealthy Ninja stuff elsewhere.
#9 Edited by HPJefferson19 (5 posts) -

I have a feeling that the next plot will be something along the lines of a blend between modern day Desmond and a different ancestor. Desmond will probably have to use the Animus to find clues of where Abstergo and the Templars are looking for the next Piece of Eden. Lucy will help him along the way, and we may see some of Altair again. I also think it would be neat and quite possible for the plot to include the disorder that occurs when the Animus user can't distinguish between real life and their ancestors* (if you read Lucy's and the scientist's computers). But that's just my theory. And since it hasn't been announced yet, it's probably pretty far off.

#10 Posted by HistoryInRust (6401 posts) -

I have a little news that I heard. 

The second Assassin's Creed will involve conspiracy; mysticism; running up walls; shanking dudes in the kidney; running up walls; gallivanting across rooftops; throwing knives at dudes; wearing heavy cloaks in the arid heat of the Middle East; pickpocketing bearded men for more knives; and shambling homeless men willing to throw the player into a nearby guard, sending him into a consequential frenzy. 

Also, I've heard rumors of running up walls, but nothing conclusive. 

I apologize ahead of time for offending any mild sensibilities.

#11 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"I have a little news that I heard. 

The second Assassin's Creed will involve conspiracy; mysticism; running up walls; shanking dudes in the kidney; running up walls; gallivanting across rooftops; throwing knives at dudes; wearing heavy cloaks in the arid heat of the Middle East; pickpocketing bearded men for more knives; and shambling homeless men willing to throw the player into a nearby guard, sending him into a consequential frenzy. 

I apologize ahead of time for offending any mild sensibilities."
So can you clarify that there will indeed be running up walls?
#12 Posted by HistoryInRust (6401 posts) -
kmdrkul said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:

So can you clarify that there will indeed be running up walls?"
For that, I will need to double check the source.  It may not be reliable.
#13 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

It's going to be a trilogy, just like every other game nowadays.

#14 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"kmdrkul said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:

So can you clarify that there will indeed be running up walls?"
For that, I will need to double check the source.  It may not be reliable."
I just need to hear that I will be able to run up walls.  Reliability is not an issue.
#15 Edited by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:

That already sounds like an awesome game :D  i haven't heard anything about AC2 other than all the conspiracy theories floating around after AC first released.  I'm calling Dec 21, 2012 for a release :P

That is the doomsday everyone talks about, right?
#16 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

The story sounds really interesting, can't wait for more info.

#17 Posted by jaffaz (138 posts) -

Assassins Creed is a trilogy. The next one is supposed to be set in the same time the main character of the game was in....i.e. the future. Around 2030ish. The first game was fun; repetative but fun. Gorgeous visuals.

#18 Posted by HPJefferson19 (5 posts) -
jaffaz said:
"Assassins Creed is a trilogy. The next one is supposed to be set in the same time the main character of the game was in....i.e. the future. Around 2030ish. The first game was fun; repetative but fun. Gorgeous visuals."
Dude the main story line with Desmond was September 2012
#19 Posted by Tearhead (2214 posts) -
Kaido said:
"Megalon said:
Get ready for some "AC sucked" posts..."
Actually, no. It didn't really suck, but the repetition makes your head spin.

And the bridging sections of each chapter and the ending rocked hard."
I didn't really notice the repetition because the game was so damned fun. Maybe it was repetitious, but doing cool stuff over and over again was fun. Technically, playing sports is repetitious but you keep playing cause it's fun, only when the fun stops is when you realize "Hey, this is the same thing!". But AC was fun as hell, and I don't mind doing something I like repeatedly. ;)
#20 Posted by jaffaz (138 posts) -
HPJefferson19 said:
"jaffaz said:
"Assassins Creed is a trilogy. The next one is supposed to be set in the same time the main character of the game was in....i.e. the future. Around 2030ish. The first game was fun; repetative but fun. Gorgeous visuals."
Dude the main story line with Desmond was September 2012"
Then it will be set then then :)

Also, im with Tearhead. I had a good time with AC. Twas awesome good fun. If they make another one, it will be big news because reviewers and gamers have to jump at any half decent game release these days and run to the hills with it....before playing so much they hate it and running back down the hills to trade it in.
#21 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I want AC2 to be in the present/future (whenever Desmond is.) = So much cooler.

#22 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Nothing other than the fact that it exists.

#23 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -

Did anyone else here get that survey for input on the game and what you would like for the next game?  I think I got it through the Gamespot survey program.  From that, it seemed like they had no idea where or when they wanted the second game to take place after finishing the first game.  I suppose it would be easy to improvise story and such with the unanswered questions and lack of conclusion from the first game.  Also, through the Animus, any of Altair's ancestor memories could be accessed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.