Assassin's Creed sob story :(

#1 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -

I got this game a few months ago, and I'm liking it quite a bit. Beautiful game, beautiful cities, it really looks great!
However, I recently lost my save game data for the second time. The first time I lost it I was about halfway through the game. The second time I was on the last mission!!!!! I'm so pissed and don't really feel like starting over AGAIN.  Anyone else have this issue? The problem was at a couple times when it usually saves (after you climb a tower, complete a mission, find a flag, etc.) it said "unable to save" or something to that effect.  Now it just says - save game file corrupted.
Is this a problem with my hard drive you think? I do have the Best Buy replacement plan, so maybe I should try to get a new hard drive. It would be free. Then again, if I did that I'd lose my save game data for my other games.  Advice or sympathy are welcome.  :)

#2 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

If this is on the PC version is this not uncommon.

#3 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Man, I dont know how you could stomach that much A-Creed.

It could be a hard drive issue.

#4 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -

Nope - it's the 360 version.

#5 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Hmmm...did you try the usual stuff? Clearing the cache and whatnot?

#6 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Man, I dont know how you could stomach that much A-Creed.

It could be a hard drive issue."
BOOOOO. 

I <3 Assassin's Creed. 

Anywho, I definitely think there's a problem with the hard drive.  You might want to try to research online and see if anyone else has reported a similar problem before deciding what to do next, though.
#7 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -

I just tried clearing the cache and that didn't work. Now the question is- do I trade in my hard drive and lose all my save game data? I suppose now would be a good time to do that considering the only game I'm really "in the middle of" of is Mass Effect. I'm also at the very end of Skate (last competition). Maybe I should quick try to beat that and then go trade in for a new hard drive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.