Assassin's Creed worth it for $10?

#1 Posted by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -

Steam's having that sale and Assassins Creed is only $10 now,

Is it worth it? should I get it?

I also want to get some story from the first one to then get into the second one.
#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13128 posts) -

Yeah totally, it's not a bad game. It will keep you entertained for the first half, at least.

#3 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

Absolutely, that game is fantastic. 

#4 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

Totally worth ten bucks.

#5 Posted by Delta_Ass (3246 posts) -

Sure is, I bought it.

#6 Posted by CaptSuavity (53 posts) -

ive never played it, but at ten dollars i figured might as well. At the very least its like a donation to valve and the steam service.

#7 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

Assassin's Creed was worth the full $60/$50.

#8 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

Get it without hesitation dude.

#9 Posted by Nasar7 (2587 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" Yeah totally, it's not a bad game. It will keep you entertained for the first half, at least. "
Exactly.
#10 Posted by Player1 (3850 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" Yeah totally, it's not a bad game. It will keep you entertained for the first half, at least. "
Right. I loved it for the first half...now I'm just slowing grinding through to get to the end. 

I'd for  sure get it 
#11 Posted by Vendetta (438 posts) -

What kind of question is this? Of course it's worth it.

#12 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

I actually enjoyed the whole thing. Not the best game for replayability but it kept me hooked for it's entirety.

#13 Posted by Jimbo (9769 posts) -
@Jayge said:
" Assassin's Creed was worth the full $60/$50. "
+1
#14 Posted by Redbullet685 (6020 posts) -

Of course you should get it

#15 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@Jayge said:
not really. I paid 65 for it and while it was a cool game, it seriously get's too fucking boring around the middle of the game, the problem is that the game is really fucking repetitive, how ever it is certainly worth the 10 bucks.
#16 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

If you're PC can run it, go for it.

#17 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

What do you have to lose? I could think of 10 reasons, but they are small. So go for it.

#18 Posted by JJOR64 (18886 posts) -

I seen it's $10 at Gamestop.com to.

#19 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

It's worth $60... So yeah, definitely.

#20 Edited by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -

Installing right now! thanks for the unanimous decision guys!!

Guess I'd better finish Dead Space before I get into this!
#21 Edited by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@darkgoth678: although I don't own a gaming PC I have played Assassin's creed on all the platforms it came on I must say I really felt that a gaming controller is better suited for this kind of game. If you have a 360 or a ps3 controller  then I would recommend to connect it to the computer. if now just use a pc game controller.  
#22 Posted by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @darkgoth678: although I don't own a gaming PC I have played Assassin's creed on all the platforms it came on I must say I really felt that a gaming controller is better suited for this kind of game. If you have a 360 or a ps3 controller  then I would recommend to connect it to the computer. if now just use a pc game controller.   "
I have heard this argument before, I'll give it a try with the good old mouse and keyboard, if i feel that its too awkward, then i'll look into borrowing a controller, i say borrowing since i feel awkward spending $30 for using the controler with ONE game.
#23 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@darkgoth678 said:
"
@Mordukai said:
" @darkgoth678: although I don't own a gaming PC I have played Assassin's creed on all the platforms it came on I must say I really felt that a gaming controller is better suited for this kind of game. If you have a 360 or a ps3 controller  then I would recommend to connect it to the computer. if now just use a pc game controller.   "
I have heard this argument before, I'll give it a try with the good old mouse and keyboard, if i feel that its too awkward, then i'll look into borrowing a controller, i say borrowing since i feel awkward spending $30 for using the controler with ONE game.
"
yeah, try it. I just felt that because of marionette style controls scheme that a game controller suited better for this.  and also because I am right handed trying to handle the the controllers with the left felt unnatural. With the game controller the face buttons coincided with the character body parts, so if, lets say, you played this game on a ps3 then the Triangle was used for the head, the Circle' and Square were used for the hands and the X for the legs. 
#24 Posted by Mikemcn (6937 posts) -

I bought this off steam for 10 bucks, great value, but Keyboard is great, i can't see why the gamepad would be better. Hope your enjoying this game!

I understand the corresponding to the body parts thing though. But you get used to it.
And tell me if its possible to kill a templar in hand to hand combat without knocking him over, i can't do it and apparently if you kill 60 of them, good stuff happens.

#25 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Definitely worthy of $10.

#26 Posted by MrSloth (11 posts) -

For 10 bones yeah its good.  I dunno, I really enjoyed the game at the start.  My only gripe was about half way thru I felt like I was forcing myself to finish rather than playing for fun.  The missions just get so repetitive.  Thankfully it looks like there will be a lot more variety to the missions in two so I am excited. 

#27 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
@clubsandwich said:
"
@Jayge said:
not really."
Yeah really.

Where do we go from here?
#28 Posted by Puppy (295 posts) -

It's worth it for $60. The game gets way more flack than it deserves.

#29 Posted by futureman (25 posts) -

I'm really enjoying it, myself. I bought it when it released on 360 and since sold it, so being able to grab it at $10 was pretty nice.

#30 Posted by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" I bought this off steam for 10 bucks, great value, but Keyboard is great, i can't see why the gamepad would be better. Hope your enjoying this game! I understand the corresponding to the body parts thing though. But you get used to it.And tell me if its possible to kill a templar in hand to hand combat without knocking him over, i can't do it and apparently if you kill 60 of them, good stuff happens. "

I agree, the keyboard controls aren't bad, I feel kind of weird at first using right-click to sprint but I got used to it really fast. At this point i'm ok with the controll scheme. 

When people claimed the recomened ussage of the gamepad, I was expecting horrible PC port controlls like Alone in the Dark... now that was bad. I wrote a review on it if anyone wants to see how bad they were.

"Who uses Print Screen as a button in a game!??!!?"
#31 Posted by pissedoffthewitch (516 posts) -

Thats about all its worth

#32 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

yes

#33 Posted by Funzzo (834 posts) -

YES BUY IT.

#34 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
"
@Jayge said:
+1 "
+2
#35 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

yeah i liked it.

#36 Posted by MrAnderson588 (16 posts) -

YEAH

#37 Posted by C1t1z3nMac (15 posts) -

I didn't have any trouble controlling it with mouse and keyboard, the controls in that game are a dream with any scheme you choose. And of course, there's no question it was worth the ten bucks - just try not to get bored after the second half, when missions get kinda repetitive. The overall story is pretty cool.

#38 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

enjoyed it from the first moment til the last

amazing and fucking heartwarming experience

GET IT MaNN!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.