I purchased Assassin's Creed through Steam since it was $10. waited about 4-5 hours till the download ended and then when i launched the game, the problems began.
- Intro Ubisoft video: you would hear the audio but the video would fade in and out and sometimes jsut stay black.
- The latter also occured with intro movie.
- WHEN ONE: a) Kills and enemy; b) Collects a flag or c) completes and objective of some sort, THE VIDEO WOULD FREEZE FOR ABOUT 3-5 seconds, however the audio would keep on going and then resume to normal.
- In the city of Damascus, terrain and buildings are missing; However people and other assessts are still there.
- Completely exit out of XFire, this will get rid of most Video mishaps such as the Damascus's missing buildings. I dont really know why XFIre onflicts with the game in such a way exactly, but im going to spetualte it has something to do with the way XFire does they video overlay thing.
- Once the game starts, unplug the ethernet jack from your rig, this will prevent the game from attempting to connect to the Ubisoft server.