On Sale For $5 On Steam

#1 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Assassin's Creed is currently 75% off on Steam as part of their 'Midweek Madness' deal.   

Just thought I'd tip off some Giant Bombers who have yet to play Assassin's Creed or for anyone wanting to play the original before the sequel drops next month.

#2 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

that's great value

#3 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" that's great value "
#4 Posted by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -

UGH I wish I had a PC capable of running it. Getting time to build one with the likes of APB coming up.

#5 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Not showing up for me, is this NA only?

#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Does the PC version still have a lot of issues? I remember there being a bunch of problems when it first came out.

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" Does the PC version still have a lot of issues? I remember there being a bunch of problems when it first came out. "
i heard stuff like that but i got it the same week it came out for PC and played through the whole thing without any issues.. same with Gears of War 
#8 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I saw that and was like wow I need that, but then I remembered how repetitive that game was, so no thanks.  $5 is amazing but I don't want to play through that game again.

#9 Posted by Dalai (7031 posts) -

I just saw this a few minutes ago... I'm really tempted for some reason.  I don't know, I'm not interested in the game, but $5!  I'll have to think about it.

#10 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -
@mikeeegeee said:
" UGH I wish I had a PC capable of running it. Getting time to build one with the likes of APB coming up. "
Why not just buy it now, and then get the PC to run it?
#11 Posted by mhkjtha (429 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" Does the PC version still have a lot of issues? I remember there being a bunch of problems when it first came out. "
The performance isn't very good no matter what you do unfortunately. Other then that it's a good port, the controls work really well with a keyboard and mouse etc.
#12 Posted by tranquilchaos (575 posts) -

Five bucks?!?! I'm all over this!

#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

That is madness. Cool. Definitely worth getting.

#14 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -

Too bad my PC is ass.

#15 Posted by 6n00bkilla9 (153 posts) -

yes!! bought!

#16 Posted by Infinityslimit (121 posts) -

Damn that's a steal, too bad I already have it and have yet to finish it.

#17 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

That's a great deal for you guys over in the US. A shame that the PC version has so many performance issues.

#18 Posted by Nexas (632 posts) -

Just bought it along with my pre-order for the Deluxe version of Dragon Age. Jeff was right; Valve are a bunch of evil geniuses with these deals.

#19 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@Nexas said:
 Jeff was right; Valve are a bunch of evil geniuses with these deals.
Tell me about it.  I've spent a fair chunk of change on Steam with all of their deals, but in the end it is worth it.  For $60 on Steam you can get probably four or five great games (depending on any deals going on).
#20 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @Nexas said:
 Jeff was right; Valve are a bunch of evil geniuses with these deals.
Tell me about it.  I've spent a fair chunk of change on Steam with all of their deals, but in the end it is worth it.  For $60 on Steam you can get probably four or five great games (depending on any deals going on). "
I mean, what they are selling The Orange Box for is just incredible.
#21 Posted by jkz (4028 posts) -

I'm tempted to buy this, even though I've played through it twice on my 360 (I love the game, in case you couldn't gather). Damn Valve and their ridiculously wonderful sales.

#22 Posted by Psyx2 (396 posts) -
@mhkjtha said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
The performance isn't very good no matter what you do unfortunately. Other then that it's a good port, the controls work really well with a keyboard and mouse etc. "
I never had any problems with the performance. The only thing I had to change was the anti-aliasing - besides that, I had all of the settings up to the maximum and it ran perfectly.
#23 Edited by mhkjtha (429 posts) -
@Psyx2 said:

" @mhkjtha said:

" @SpikeSpiegel said:
The performance isn't very good no matter what you do unfortunately. Other then that it's a good port, the controls work really well with a keyboard and mouse etc. "
I never had any problems with the performance. The only thing I had to change was the anti-aliasing - besides that, I had all of the settings up to the maximum and it ran perfectly. "
Well then you obviously have a more powerful PC then I do. But to put things into perspective: Apart from GTA4, this is the only other console port I've ever had trouble running. Most other (good) console ports usually run maxed out in 1920x1080p with anti-aliasing set to atleast 4x (and i get better framerates then the console versions)
#24 Posted by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" I saw that and was like wow I need that, but then I remembered how repetitive that game was, so no thanks.  $5 is amazing but I don't want to play through that game again. "
#25 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Any nude mods of Lucy Stillman?  If so, then I'll handily get it.

#26 Posted by BaconGames (3423 posts) -

I mean this lunch money for Christ's sake.  I go through that shit in a week for lunch (I'm in high school for reference).

It's just finished downloading right when I was writing this.

I can't wait to play it tomorrow! 

#27 Posted by Gre (154 posts) -

Just got it, I logged on to Steam at work at saw the price.  I would probably never have gotten this game, but $5?  That's a burrito, and, man, I don't want the burrito that lasts 15+ hours.  Heck it's probably worth $5 to just play the first couple of missions.

#28 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

I hate seeing this thread. This deal should be in the UK too :'(

#29 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

That is like 3 quid . bargin

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.