holabendez's Assassin's Creed (Limited Edition) (Xbox 360) review

Beautiful, but repetitive

After finishing the game, my immediate thought was how incredibly repetitive it was. The game looks beautiful and the gameplay elements are simple and fun, the parkour aspects for example are great, but at the end of the day there isn’t enough to do, and the game makes you do the same things over and over again. But for the fact it was relatively easy to do and I was making decent progress through it I might’ve given up, but the story was interesting enough to have me see it through.

It felt like it wasn’t enough of a full game, and they had to pad it. Which is a shame to say that because it’s otherwise quite impressive. Three very large, living breathing cities and compelling (enough) fight mechanics, and unbeatable parkour acrobatics. Maybe the sequel will get it to where it needed to be.