Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asteroids

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released November 1979

Atari's bestselling game of all time, Asteroids was one of the most influential releases of the Golden Age of Arcade Games. One of the first space shooters, it was the inspiration for many of the dual stick shooter games of the modern era, Geometry Wars chief among them.

More on the Asteroids movie

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By benpack

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1105482p1.html

From the producer:

" 'Asteroids' connotates a large-scale experience, so the challenge, which was great, was 'Okay, so how do you get a mythology that will support that?We really went after a mythology on the level of Star Wars and we'll see if we succeeded or not but it's not a simple thing of the asteroids are going to hit the earth.  "

Yes... exactly what Asteroids: The Movie needs. A super deep mythos. At what point does this become "Generic Space Movie that happens to have Asteroids (and a triangle ship)"

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

Im working on an asteroids fan fic actually.......

That was dangerous Sarcasm.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

This will be the greatest movie ever made.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

Awesome!

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Bones8677

Space pilot A: I don't have to take this anymore!
    Space pilot B: Your father would go out there and do it!
    Space pilot A: My father is dead!

DrGluon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DrGluon
    @Bones8677:

Space pilot B: No Space pilot A, I am your Father!

Space pilot A: NOOOO!

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I am now intrigued, I hope the story will be as confusing as possible. Like the ship is actually the pilot's wife, but then it turns out she was also his mother, but the pilot didn't know that because he lost his arm in a war, so he got it replaced with his best friend's arm and he took on his persona so he didn't know who his mother was, but his best friend was actually a clone of himself so the persona knew all along and was getting revenge so their baby would be retarded because he could talk to ghosts that can see into the future and their child was the hero that could stop the asteroids coming at Earth, so the pilot must travel to the future to save Earth but the asteroids are the remains of Earth destroyed by the war started by the clone because he could time travel as well so he came back in time to find the pilot to able to clone himself and send him to the future and start the war and the ghost was his wife/mother and told the clone of the fate of their child even though there was no child so the clone could bone her and she would give birth to the pilot to save Earth from the asteroids, but his ship was out of gas from all the time traveling so he converted his wife/mother into pure energy to fuel the ship from a secret formula created by his father, who was actually his best friend that cloned himself, but had the pilot's DNA implanted in it to appear as the pilot's clone. I'm on a horse.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RE_Player1
    @Bones8677 said:
    " Space pilot A: I don't have to take this anymore!   
     Space pilot B: Your father would go out there and do it!   
     Space pilot A: My father is dead! "
    That sounds like the motion picture of the century. All it needs now is 2 brothers who have to overcome a great obstacle, fight over the same girl, and bond with one another. 
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crono11
    @TheCreamFilling said:
    " I am now intrigued, I hope the story will be as confusing as possible. Like the ship is actually the pilot's wife, but then it turns out she was also his mother, but the pilot didn't know that because he lost his arm in a war, so he got it replaced with his best friend's arm and he took on his persona so he didn't know who his mother was, but his best friend was actually a clone of himself so the persona knew all along and was getting revenge so their baby would be retarded because he could talk to ghosts that can see into the future and their child was the hero that could stop the asteroids coming at Earth, so the pilot must travel to the future to save Earth but the asteroids are the remains of Earth destroyed by the war started by the clone because he could time travel as well so he came back in time to find the pilot to able to clone himself and send him to the future and start the war and the ghost was his wife/mother and told the clone of the fate of their child even though there was no child so the clone could bone her and she would give birth to the pilot to save Earth from the asteroids, but his ship was out of gas from all the time traveling so he converted his wife/mother into pure energy to fuel the ship from a secret formula created by his father, who was actually his best friend that cloned himself, but had the pilot's DNA implanted in it to appear as the pilot's clone. I'm on a horse. "
    I am so going to make a screenplay out of that and give you exactly ZERO credit. 

I'm going to be rich!
    Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCreamFilling
    @crono11: Very clever, but you can't steal a screenplay from a DEAD MAN! . . . oh, wait...
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By Ineedaname

I thought the bombcast had established it was his brother who dies, and the dude swears never to go out there again, but is forced back out one last time during the imminent danger.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CL60

Really? An Asteroids movie?

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By benpack
    @TheCreamFilling said:
    " I am now intrigued, I hope the story will be as confusing as possible. Like the ship is actually the pilot's wife, but then it turns out she was also his mother, but the pilot didn't know that because he lost his arm in a war, so he got it replaced with his best friend's arm and he took on his persona so he didn't know who his mother was, but his best friend was actually a clone of himself so the persona knew all along and was getting revenge so their baby would be retarded because he could talk to ghosts that can see into the future and their child was the hero that could stop the asteroids coming at Earth, so the pilot must travel to the future to save Earth but the asteroids are the remains of Earth destroyed by the war started by the clone because he could time travel as well so he came back in time to find the pilot to able to clone himself and send him to the future and start the war and the ghost was his wife/mother and told the clone of the fate of their child even though there was no child so the clone could bone her and she would give birth to the pilot to save Earth from the asteroids, but his ship was out of gas from all the time traveling so he converted his wife/mother into pure energy to fuel the ship from a secret formula created by his father, who was actually his best friend that cloned himself, but had the pilot's DNA implanted in it to appear as the pilot's clone. I'm on a horse. "
    You just out Shyamalan'd Shyamalan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.