This Asteroids Movie Can Only Be Amazing

• 91 results
#51 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:
"Someone kill me now. "
#52 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11477 posts) -

Perhaps the most disgusting part about this entire thing is that this sounds like a movie that would appeal to the general public. BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS TO BE MADE ON THIS CONCEPT.

#53 Posted by Bones8677 (3210 posts) -
@AgentOrange said:
" Can't be any worse than the forthcoming Stretch Armstrong or fucking magic 8-ball movie.  *groan* "
Stretch Armstrong movie? Fuck yeah!
#54 Posted by JuggaloAcidman (272 posts) -

Ghostface Killer as the thing flying the ship. Corey Feldman as the asteriods..... Directed by Uwe Boll! Fried Gold anyone!
#55 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

Matt I look forward to you posting more editorials for this site. Keep up the good work sir. Awesome quicklook btw.

#56 Posted by AncientMecha (102 posts) -

My father worked The Belt... 'Till the day it took his life...

#57 Posted by Mikl (157 posts) -

Is it going to be amazing or amazing?

#58 Posted by The_Bowman_007 (35 posts) -

One of the best articles I've read in a while, Mr. Kessler.  You had me laughing out loud throughout.  Of course, you'll have to thank Mr. di Bonaventura for his part in the funfair.

Oh wait...

Never mind...
#59 Posted by BaconGames (3292 posts) -
@YukoAsho said:
" So, when's the Custer's Revenge movie coming out?  How about Mr. Driller? "
You know goddamn well a Mr. Driller movie would be amazing.

This all sounds like what I would do if I was allowed to make licensed films.  Personally I like the idea of forcing a large production out of such a small concept like Asteroids.  It still has to be good of course.
#60 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

Side effects of consuming Surströmming may include: fits of madness.

@Red said:

" This only bodes well for the success of my Jungler Movie screenplay. "

O, izzit Jungler Fever?
#61 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

The only way if there's an asteroids movie would be if it's 90 minutes of gameplay on the original asteroids with the occasional drunken voice over of blowing up the ufos or getting blown up.

#62 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

Ge Hype for Asteroids!

#63 Posted by Castiel (2528 posts) -

Oh wow this is... I don't even know what to say. 

#64 Posted by TatsurouXIII (649 posts) -

asteroids barely even registers as a video game.

#65 Posted by Demigonis (192 posts) -

Dude, what?

#66 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Where is my fucking Joust movie.

#67 Posted by mavs (146 posts) -

Why the hell did they have to pay Activision to make a movie about asteroids? Is the success of the movie really so dependent on being able to actually call it Asteroids?

#68 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

"And by with me, I mean behind me."

That's what she said.

#69 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

Day. One.

#70 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

When Hollywood runs out of good movie ideas, the moon will be covered in blood and fire will rain down from the heavens...

#71 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

They are comparing an arcade game to the single largest franchise on earth, lawl. 

#72 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

That actually sounds awesome.

#73 Posted by SinGulaR (2259 posts) -

I bet it will be about a century old clan of space miners who will get attacked by aliens. And I also bet it won't be an adult film.
#74 Posted by mr_shoeless (381 posts) -

I would pay for a 90 minute quick look of Asteroids, in a movie theater.

However, I'm really waiting for Hollywood to adapt Tetris into a movie.

#75 Posted by FlipperDesert (2081 posts) -

What I would really like to see is a Pitfall! movie.

"Sir, I know how to beat them!"
"You... What?"
"I know how to beat them! You run to the left!"
"You're crazy! That can't possibly work!"

#76 Posted by radar5 (160 posts) -

Sounds like  di Bonaventura  is ramping up to give Uwe Boll a run for his money.

#77 Posted by TommyH (68 posts) -

Kind of feels like it's SO stupid, it might actually work... in a stupid kind of way, will defenitely be keeping an eye on the development of this one. ;)

#78 Posted by CompleteInanity (41 posts) -

Screw Asteroids, I want a Tetris movie.

#79 Posted by Connelo (130 posts) -

This sounds like the best video game movie ever. First this, then they make a pong movie.

#80 Posted by Dauragon (554 posts) -

I am going to see this movie 3 times.  

This is going to be a absolutely gorgeous train wreck. 

#81 Posted by Meptron (1073 posts) -

" Done. Sold. Day one. Here's my $20. I need two tickets, in case the first one catches on fire, because this movie sounds too hot.  "   

laughed my ass off.

#82 Posted by MeatSim (10765 posts) -

I think it's been accepted as fact that the Asteroids movie will be better then the original Star Wars trilogy.

#83 Posted by GrendelPr1me (33 posts) -

Wyatt Earp, seen here speaking with di Bonaventura in regards to this movie, had this to say:

#84 Posted by Arjuna (886 posts) -

The people who are making this movie think you are fucking retarded.  There are great, talented script-writers out there, and fantastic novels to base a movie on.  They choose something like this because they think you are a fucking idiot.

#85 Posted by Vendetta (438 posts) -

"How do you get a mythology?"

Christ, he sounds like a 4th grader.

#86 Posted by lolwot (254 posts) -

It could be decent. The main requirement for any good Asteroids product is that the ship disappears off one side of the screen, then reappears on the other. I'm optimistic that this exciting aspect of the rich, deep, bounteous, plentiful Asteroids lore can be successfully translated to a movie.

#87 Posted by JerkFace (119 posts) -
@onarum said:
" yep, next up we'll have a movie based on pong... seriously, wtf are these people smoking man?

also
 @Deusoma said:

" Okay, Asteroids is a stupid, stupid thing to base a movie on, but Transformers 2 is actually one of my favourite movies, so it's not entirely out of the question that the Asteroids movie will be fun to watch, if not exactly cinematic gold. "

Look, don't take this the wrong way, but you really have to watch more movies, because if that garbage is what you consider one of the best you've watched, you clearly haven't watched much. "
You were way nicer than me.  I was just going to say, 'You're a bad person, and no one will ever love you."
#88 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

Sounds like your going to have to fight me for those tickets Matt

#89 Posted by drummerboykhari (192 posts) -

now if they made a movie called "Spectre Challenger" ...that would be sexy good

#90 Posted by Southgrove (322 posts) -

*giggle*

#91 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2479 posts) -

Ahhhhhhh Movies.

#92 Posted by Light_Bahamut (193 posts) -

This should be cross-posted on Screened.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.