Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

Anybody Find A Let's Play of This Game?

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By Little_Socrates

I'm more than hesitant to pick up this title. My experience with the demo was...poor, to say the least. The game is not fun to play, its story and characters seem incomprehensible and unlikable, and the spectacle is not carried out due to the lack of production given to any of the game's environments in the demo, having the characters duke it out in barren wastelands (or on the barren wasteland of the moon.) But I'd be interested in watching at least part of the game online, and if that turns me around on the game, I might consider buying the thing to show friends.

Let's Plays are great publicity, as we all know, and I run a sort of Let's Play: Live! group at my university in which one or two people hold the controller and play through a game with an audience of about five or ten people who never would've played the game on their own. So far, we've played through Deadly Premonition (to major success,) Bayonetta (to less enthusiasm for the last four or five hours) and are currently about halfway through Catherine (which is going well.) I'd like to consider this game for future "screenings", but first I need to make sure the game is half-decent to watch. Has anyone found a Let's Play that's begun since the game released?

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

A Let's Play of a brand-new game? That's....a really terrible idea.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By cstrang

It already sounds like you hate everything this game has to offer anyways...

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FlarePhoenix

I haven't watched it myself, but wouldn't Giant Bomb's quick look of it be sufficient for your purposes? If you watch it, and have played the Demo, and you're still not convinced that might be your answer.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@FlarePhoenix said:

I haven't watched it myself, but wouldn't Giant Bomb's quick look of it be sufficient for your purposes. If you watch it, and have played the Demo, and you're still not convinced that might be your answer.

I'll supply a link right here too!
    kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kuz101
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Little_Socrates

@cstrang: Based on the demo, I did. I thought this game must have been total garbage. That's why I'm confused why everybody likes it so much.

@EarlessShrimp: That's still not starting from the beginning, and I would really like the set-up as to why I'm supposed to care about anything that's going on. Brad is just as confused about what's going on in that game as I would be, so it's not as helpful as I'd hoped.

@Video_Game_King: For a let's-player? Yes, it's a horrible idea. Doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate it.

@kuz101: Thanks!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Turambar
    @Little_Socrates: Just take a look on youtube.  There are a couple of on going ones though Capcom has been taking a lot of them down, even when they belonged to various industry website channels like IGN.  Also yes, the game is very entertaining to watch especially after with Episodes 2 and 3 out of the way. 
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Turambar: I ended up watching a bunch of the Destructoid playthrough and realized the game is definitely not for me. I find the whole thing pretty stupid, and just having big crazy stuff happen without a set-up of normalcy is, really, pretty boring to me. The build-up has to be slower and come from somewhere more normal; RoboGeisha is pretty much immaculate in this respect, as is Saints Row: The Third. Not my cup of tea.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60

@Video_Game_King said:

A Let's Play of a brand-new game? That's....a really terrible idea.

Still going on about that? The most popular people who do lets plays on youtube always do lets plays of new releases.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.