Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

Asura's Wrath = an exciting and interesting Heavy Rain

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I found Heavy Rain to be a completely boring and shallow game, not going to lie. I rented it and played through it once, got some trophies and literally sent it back in 5 days early. I chalked it up to the style of game it was - a QTE game. I am that guy who actually cries at movies and TV, yet the story of Heavy Rain still completely bored me as well as the actual things you do in the game.

So I kind of passed off on Asura's Wrath after hearing about it's focus on QTEs.

Out of curiosity I downloaded the demo, and I'm completely blown away. This is how QTE games should be done - a complete mindfuck, a massive wall of visual candy just being thrown at you. I liken this game to an interactive anime, complete with the campiness and the sound effects.

Who else has given the game a shot and came back with a completely different mindset?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JasonR86

My hopes were neither high or low when I first started playing. I never find QTEs good in games. Heavy Rain was the closest I came to enjoying QTEs and even then I didn't have that much fun. Nothing has changed since I played the demo for this game. It feels like the developers didn't know how to incorporate what they wanted to do with this game in the actual gameplay as they designed it so they just say "Hey! QTEs!!!" which allowed them to show their crazy shit but without actual gameplay.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

@xyzygy: Seems like you've been taking up to the name of your avatar picture and going somewhat mental. Took me 9:30 minutes to realize that Asura's Wrath is just what you say it is, eye candy, and a mindless one at that. I can understand not liking Heavy Rain, I can understand on how you can completely like this game but linking the two is lunacy. I just felt i was playing another over the top Japanese Action Adventure.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

@Mordukai: Haha, I wouldn't necessarily say they are that far apart. Sure they are completely different in tone, setting, style, mood, etc... but you can't deny that they both rely heavily on QTE's (or so the demo of AW leads us to believe, so far)

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have come in here to say how much I love Heavy Rain.

Now that I have relieved my burden, I can leave in peace.

*fades into the aether*

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Catolf

I haven't heard that comparison before, but in makes sense with both being very QTE heavy, only difference is that Asura's Wrath is fun... OHHOHOHOHO... lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.