Capcom Unveils Hack-And-Slash Asura's Wrath

• 92 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

At its TGS 2010 press conference earlier this morning, Capcom lifted the lid on a sizzling, fantasy-infused hack-and-slash title called Asura's Wrath. It's being crafted, according to 1UP, by Naruto creators Cyber Connect 2 and will see a release on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

What can be gleaned about the title must be taken from the game's trailer, which is provided for your viewing pleasure just below. In the game, it appears as if you'll control a giant red dude who can take spears through the lung and still dispense bloody justice against oodles and oodles of foes with ease.  

As you might surmise from his neglect to react to injury, red dude is sort of a tough guy, and the game looks to play that aspect up. In the trailer, you'll notice him picking up a rather large pillar and swinging it about at will. You'll also see him summon armageddon via Buddha finger. I don't get it either, but I like it.

The game's engine is Unreal 3, if the startling amount of muscled dudes didn't tip you off. But despite nailing the engine and platforms, Capcom hasn't yet indicated when the game will be released. 

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

At its TGS 2010 press conference earlier this morning, Capcom lifted the lid on a sizzling, fantasy-infused hack-and-slash title called Asura's Wrath. It's being crafted, according to 1UP, by Naruto creators Cyber Connect 2 and will see a release on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

What can be gleaned about the title must be taken from the game's trailer, which is provided for your viewing pleasure just below. In the game, it appears as if you'll control a giant red dude who can take spears through the lung and still dispense bloody justice against oodles and oodles of foes with ease.  

As you might surmise from his neglect to react to injury, red dude is sort of a tough guy, and the game looks to play that aspect up. In the trailer, you'll notice him picking up a rather large pillar and swinging it about at will. You'll also see him summon armageddon via Buddha finger. I don't get it either, but I like it.

The game's engine is Unreal 3, if the startling amount of muscled dudes didn't tip you off. But despite nailing the engine and platforms, Capcom hasn't yet indicated when the game will be released. 

#2 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

KABOOM

#3 Edited by JarenFace (205 posts) -

T... that dude is pretty hardcore. Though is he a robot? It looked like he was a robot at the end of the trailer since he didn't seem to have any arms but wires coming out of his joint sockets. Maybe my eyes are just terrible.

#4 Posted by Robitt (350 posts) -

More hack-n-slash comin out of TGS? Nice.

#5 Posted by OverLord00 (173 posts) -

Looks so awesome.  ME WANTS!

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

POKE OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

#7 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Couldn't tune in to the encrypted channel?

#8 Posted by LoktarOgar (391 posts) -

That's some fucking Gurren Lagann esque scale there.

#9 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Alright forget Devil May Cry, I'm buyin this.

#10 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Games sure are getting weird.

#11 Posted by SnakeEyes327 (334 posts) -

I'm enjoying the crazy. 

#12 Posted by ChernobylCow (238 posts) -

Neat non-sensical asian style to it.  The story will probably be some airhead Dragon Ball Z black hole void, however.

#13 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Dude needs to chill out.

#14 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

what? awesome.

#15 Posted by WhatTheDang (117 posts) -

Looks like someone's challenging Gears of War for its title of "Most Transparent Adolescent Power Fantasy". 

#16 Posted by Swick (223 posts) -

I don't get it.

#17 Posted by LordCmdrStryker (346 posts) -

This is easily the craziest shit I've seen in at least two or three days.

#18 Posted by Prolix (188 posts) -

Watching that trailer was like snorting a line of coke.  FUCK YEAH!!!

#19 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2490 posts) -

Any Naruto fans out there get a Zabuza vibe from this guy??

Crazy looking trailer, definitely seems like fun.

#20 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5278 posts) -
@Diamond said:

" Couldn't tune in to the encrypted channel? "

Yeah this is odd.

Edit: Watched it in non HD. All I can say is I will always have a strong confidence in any Capcom related game. Dark hair or not...

I totally get a God Hand vibe from this too.
#21 Posted by Unlogik (163 posts) -
@JoyfullOFrockets said:
" Games sure are getting weird. "
No, games are finally going back to being games!
#22 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85:  I think there must not be an HD version of this video.
#23 Posted by McRibs (35 posts) -

My eyes. What just happened?

#24 Posted by zombielaz (15 posts) -

So you fight god, with goro hands, and you punch him so hard you punch your arms off??? Between this and  Neverdead we are gonna have so many games where the protaganist falls apart.
#25 Posted by Mowgers (388 posts) -

The word 'Asura' comes from hindu mythology, it's the name of a group of deities. Which is very interesting because I can't think of any game that has used Hinduism as it's reference point.

#26 Posted by Arubiano420 (19 posts) -

This is extreme to the point of stupid

#27 Posted by dark_maggot (75 posts) -

Looks intriguing for sure.

#28 Posted by Blood_for_the_blood_God (300 posts) -
@McRibs: @McRibs said:
" My eyes. What just happened? "
sorry about the bad acid man, i didnt know. I didnt know!!!
#29 Posted by Milkman (17071 posts) -

I just starting cracking up when he was getting hit by all those spears.

#30 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@Unlogik said:
" @JoyfullOFrockets said:
No, games are finally going back to being games! "
I agree. Capcom is single-handedly making this an awesome month for new-release details. The entire time this trailer was playing, all I could do was laugh at how ridiculous it all was. And that's a good thing.
#31 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

This seems pretty awesome.

#32 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@Lydian_Sel said:
" Any Naruto fans out there get a Zabuza vibe from this guy??  Crazy looking trailer, definitely seems like fun. "
Definitely, but I suppose that's a rather common anime archetype.
#33 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

The music gives off a very Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 vibe off it. I love it.

Also, the only thing I could think of with that giant finger was Master Hand.

#34 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -
@JarenFace said:
" T... that dude is pretty hardcore. Though is he a robot? It looked like he was a robot at the end of the trailer since he didn't seem to have any arms but wires coming out of his joint sockets. Maybe my eyes are just terrible. "
Those definitely were wires and pipes sticking out of his joints, crazy robot thinks he's a real bo.... man. 
#35 Posted by Brodehouse (10104 posts) -

Buddha Finger is my rap name.

#36 Posted by Orestes (39 posts) -

japanese wierdness at its finest

#37 Posted by xanavi (179 posts) -

MUDA DA

#38 Posted by CannibalFerox (292 posts) -

I feel nothing.

#39 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Hey look guys it's a Hack and Slash...

#40 Posted by cikame (1033 posts) -

Reminds me of god hand.... i love it.

#41 Posted by Yossarian (56 posts) -
@cikame said:
" Reminds me of god hand.... i love it. "
Very much so.
#42 Edited by Rotagila (4 posts) -

Damn, this guy's pissed >.>

#43 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" @Unlogik said:
I agree. Capcom is single-handedly making this an awesome month for new-release details. The entire time this trailer was playing, all I could do was laugh at how ridiculous it all was. And that's a good thing. "
Propa!
#44 Posted by Eversor (26 posts) -

FINGER OF BUDDHA FROM THE MOTHERFUCKING ORBIT SUMMONED BY THE DUDE BARELY FLINCHING HOLY FUCKING SHIT

This... no words can describe how incredibly awesome this game could be.

#45 Posted by IBurningStar (2189 posts) -

Wait, why the fuck isn't this called Devil May Cry instead of that other piece of shit? This looks so much better.

#46 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

Man this looks freekin Bananas, and i was not bored to slumber like so many other trailers.

#47 Posted by Nekthand (31 posts) -

Lost sequel to god hand?

#48 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:
" @FunExplosions said:
" @Unlogik said:
I agree. Capcom is single-handedly making this an awesome month for new-release details. The entire time this trailer was playing, all I could do was laugh at how ridiculous it all was. And that's a good thing. "
Propa! "

Yes, yes, yes, yes to all of this.
#49 Posted by MisterMouse (3560 posts) -

haha looks kind of cool and crazy, also known as crool...

#50 Posted by xxdomonkashuxx@hotmail.com (3 posts) -

This game is PANTS!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.