Capcom Unveils Hack-And-Slash Asura's Wrath

• 92 results
#51 Posted by CitizenJP (1015 posts) -

Lol wow that's pretty extreme.

#52 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4599 posts) -

This looks sufficiently crazy. 

Also, the dude you're fighting against summoned the Buddha finger, not the player character.

#53 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Can't watch the video, says something about not being able to tune into an encrypted channel.

#54 Posted by fedorajay (405 posts) -

Looks like a character they would throw in MvsC3 at some point down the road to promote the game. 

#55 Posted by dancinginfernal (471 posts) -

BY ASURA, BY ASURA, BY ASURA 
IT'S THE GRAND CHAMPION.

#56 Posted by blackbird415 (777 posts) -

I like the sound effect they used that was originally from the show reboot 1:23

#57 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -
@yossarian said:
" @cikame said:
" Reminds me of god hand.... i love it. "
Very much so. "
Glad to hear I'm not the only one getting a God Hand vibe off of this.  
Trailer looks great, can't wait to find out more.
#58 Posted by Undeadpool (4920 posts) -

AAAAAAAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!...or whoever the Japanese god of war is.

#59 Posted by Veektarius (4745 posts) -

I stopped it halfway.

#60 Posted by ZagZagovich (757 posts) -
@IkariNoTekken: 
Same here. God's power keeps my pimp hand strong. Also those seem like some pretty creative QTEs.
#61 Posted by fetchfox (1256 posts) -
@Veektarius said:
" I stopped it halfway. "
What turned you off? I'm just interested in your opinion, I'm not saying your wrong or anything. I found the trailer really interesting, so I'm just curious.
#62 Posted by gabha (354 posts) -

I'm in love.

#63 Posted by Kralle (98 posts) -

WTF DID I JUST WATCH

#64 Posted by Olivaw (1215 posts) -

Holy

living

fuck

#65 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -
@ZagZagovich:  
   ....I'll summon up the power of the God Hand! 

Yeah nice to see a little variation instead of just 'press X now'. I mean, you need to go all out if your gonna stop a god from drilling you into the ground with his finger.
#66 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -
@fetchfox said:
" @Veektarius said:
What turned you off? I'm just interested in your opinion, I'm not saying your wrong or anything. I found the trailer really interesting, so I'm just curious. "
His mind couldn't handle it... 

Nah, everyone has their own opinion. It's probably a little too over the top for some people.
#67 Posted by fetchfox (1256 posts) -
@IkariNoTekken said:
" @fetchfox said:
" @Veektarius said:
What turned you off? I'm just interested in your opinion, I'm not saying your wrong or anything. I found the trailer really interesting, so I'm just curious. "
His mind couldn't handle it...  Nah, everyone has their own opinion. It's probably a little too over the top for some people. "
Probably true, it is just a tad crazy... I would like to hear Veektariuss opinion directly though. I don't have to, just curious for the sake of discussion.
#68 Posted by MiniPato (2727 posts) -

What's with all these fucking demon games?

#69 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

The 5th picture will make an awesome screensaver.

#70 Edited by Turambar (6711 posts) -

This was definitely not the kind of game I was expecting out of the makers of .hack

#71 Posted by Karmann (622 posts) -

GB's  TGS coverage seems a bit underwhelming, but then again I guess they've had their hands full lately...

#72 Edited by Darkraven (171 posts) -

not sure about how i feel about this one in particular, it does look interesting and im so happy to see developers opting for new and fresh ideas instead of simply "Resident Evil 69".
I was very sad and disapointed with the way "Too Human" ended up. so much promise in such a beautiful looking world. i love norse mythology, heck, im very interested in any and all mythologies, folk lores, religions and cultures so to me an asian / budist ideal mixed with sci fi just sounds marvelous... 
however! I hope it does come out a good product in the end. with a good combat system and not an abomination like a certain game i wont bother to mention again :P

#73 Edited by Veektarius (4745 posts) -
@fetchfox:  
In a nutshell, I didn't like the hero's design and I didn't want to watch him beat people up.  If it'd been about him getting run over repeatedly by 18-wheelers driven by real men with beards, perhaps I would have completed the video.
#74 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

The game looked wicked. Though I wasn't too impressed with the graphics of Naruto Ninja Storm, this seems to have a nice edge to it!
#75 Posted by fetchfox (1256 posts) -
@Veektarius said:
" @fetchfox:  In a nutshell, I didn't like the hero's design and I didn't want to watch him beat people up.  If it'd been about him getting run over repeatedly by 18-wheelers driven by real men with beards, perhaps I would have completed the video. "
Yeah, I can understand that. He lacks some essential "human traits" (like proper eyes) that he seemed to much like a robot, literally. I liked the trailer because I'm always drawn to games with a crazy design, and I love mythology based games. On the other hand, if it lacks depth I won't buy it. But we'll see, as Capcom stated that it was still in its early stages. 
Haha, now that would be something. You better send them a request letter mate.
#76 Posted by Toxin066 (3271 posts) -

Guy with 47 spears in his chest is my favorite protagonist from a TGS announcement so far.

#77 Posted by phatjayunoi (19 posts) -

Man this is East Asia and South Asia, more specifically India religion based stuff to it's extreme. That ridiculously massive Buddah will have to redefine the meaning of "over-the-top".

With all the Street Fighter IV-esque brushstrokes and the design of the character himself, it kind of makes it look some ancient Gouki/Akuma/Shin Akuma. A new origin for the Ansatsuken/Dark Hadou perhaps LOL.
#78 Posted by Sporkbane (185 posts) -

Wow. Just Wow. I have no idea what I just watched but, that guy has lots of holes in him now that's for sure. 

And that looked like prod from Worms on Roids

#79 Posted by ziropiro (31 posts) -
@JarenFace said:
" T... that dude is pretty hardcore. Though is he a robot? It looked like he was a robot at the end of the trailer since he didn't seem to have any arms but wires coming out of his joint sockets. Maybe my eyes are just terrible. "
Definitely looks like a robot.
#80 Posted by MiniPato (2727 posts) -

All I could take away from that trailer: "UUUUURRRAAAAGHHHH! URRRRRRRRAAAAAAGGHHHH! URRRRRRURRRURRRAAAAAAGHH! URRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAGHHHH!" He's like Kratos, except instead of screaming words, he just screams.

#81 Posted by LeeJ (19 posts) -

this guys way more angier than kratos. 

#82 Posted by Yummylee (21470 posts) -

This looks to be fantastically japanese, complete with impulsive ''UUURRAA'' to everything. A good contrast to DMC's apparent western reboot.

#83 Posted by FaytXIII (12 posts) -

This looks weird...I'm speechless to say the least. 

The background music gave off an Ultimate Ninja Storm vibe as well so that was all I could think about.

#84 Posted by awesomeusername (4168 posts) -

Doesn't seem like that dude knows a lick of english.>_< Well at least we know he's not all about talking it out! Looks vydhwsujhb awesome! Want to play!

#85 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

What in the name of sweet holy crap was that???
...feeling...strong....urge...to pre-order!!

#86 Posted by BadNews (504 posts) -
@MiniPato: Vast improvement. None of this character development shit. Just pure unhindered rage.
#87 Posted by Tennmuerti (8057 posts) -

Well the trailer did it's job well.
Colour me interested in seeing what this game looks like in action.

#88 Posted by kelbear (496 posts) -

It's like Chuck Norris: The Game

#89 Posted by DaveMagic (68 posts) -

AWESOME.

#90 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -

Buddha of War!

Seriously, this looks amazing. I hope that he's not a robot, though =/

#91 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Holy shit!

#92 Posted by MeatSim (10818 posts) -

That guy might be more angry then Kratos.

#93 Posted by soupbones (288 posts) -

Reminds me of Fist of the North Star: Dark King. 

Bad ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.