Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Asura's Wrath

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 21, 2012

Asura's Wrath is an interactive anime action title that tells the tale of violent demigod Asura on a quest for vengeance against the cabal of gods that betrayed him.

Having trouble getting S Ranks.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

I thought I had finished the game yesterday and was ready to go and buy the DLC, but then after the credits it comes up and says you need to get 4 more S ranks to see the true ending. I only managed to get one during the entire play through, can anybody recommend the best chapters to get an S rank on?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bocam

@Hizang: The 1st Yasha fight and 2nd episode are pretty easy

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang

@Bocam: Lol the first Yasha fight I ended up getting a D on, which is my only D as the rest are all A's and B's. I will try again though and see.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Switching to easy makes S ranks easy to get.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

I'm still having issues, I really want to beat this game!

I tried Easy and I end up just getting A's, I suppose I will just play through it twice quickly.

Shaymarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Shaymarx

If your time ranking is low try skipping scenes. I have just finished playing myself getting A's and S' on Normal difficulty.

Now have to attempt with the Blind Gauge.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hizang
    @Shaymarx Battle points is where I seem to be suffering.
    Shaymarx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shaymarx

Personally I found that I had gotten considerably better with repeated plays. For example stages in which I struggled to get a C first time around were now enjoyably 'bending to my will'. I would suggest picking up the the two 0.5 chapters if you really love the game, although the ranking does not affect the main game, they are a nice break. I personally play with X as light attack and B as shoot, this allowed me to develop a more natural attack pattern. Bosses normally fall to the dash attack followed by a light attack combo, heavy attack, dash/roll away and shoot routine. Once the unlimited gauge is built connect with as many heavy attacks as possible, but dash/roll away as soon as you need to call down. I have read that continuing to attack with combos rather than using the burst attack as soon as it is ready can lead to higher battle points, however dying to a boss will cost you time, you have to balance.

Good Luck, Have fun.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By GunstarRed

I wrote this in another thread where someone asked how to get S-Ranks you need to use the move where you jump and then hold down B/Circle into an uppercut move it gives you a lot of points. so does using the heavy attack and the specials. Also on the mission with a skippable tutorial. do the tutorial!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hizang

I hope I get back to the game, Its not to long and I could probably beat both the difficulties in a weekend.

skadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By skadave

I just go this game ($30 at target) and this thread upsets me. Now i can't enjoy asura's wrath knowing that i have to S rank all the time. It totally makes it a different experience. It's one thing if it's and achievement thing, it's a totally different beast when you have to S Rank to finish the stupid game.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IAmNotBatman

@skadave: Just ignore that stuff and play it, I went through the game on Normal and got enough S ranks on my first playthrough.

skadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By skadave

@IAmNotBatman said:

@skadave: Just ignore that stuff and play it, I went through the game on Normal and got enough S ranks on my first playthrough.

I am not that good at this game. . . i don't see myself getting any S ranks on ANY of the levels on normal difficulty.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IAmNotBatman

@skadave said:

@IAmNotBatman said:

I am not that good at this game. . . i don't see myself getting any S ranks on ANY of the levels on normal difficulty.

Actually when I think about it, I can press a button on a controller stupid fast... so that may have helped me :/

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cannonballbam

@skadave: @Hizang:

First off I will tell you that it is a lot easier to go after this after you finish a run through on easy using the mortal gauge, which will unlock the Obliterator gauge giving you unlimited energy.

The game will score you in 3 different categories for every epsiodes in each act.

Time, Combo and Synchronization.

1. Time is just that, you can skip cut scenes using the back or select button, depending on which version you have. Failure states will only prolong your time score, so just make sure to be accurate and have a good sense of what is left to finish. Some episode can be finished in 40 seconds or less.

2. Combo can be the most tricky of them all as if even you are running the Obliterator gauge and defeat all the enemies in order until burst shows up on screen, you can still get a low score. For example this happens in Act 1 - Episode 2, you literally have to hold off using the burst until you can rack up additional points. I honestly just abused the Unlimited energy and mashed the Y button after every combo, considering that the game only really gives you a few options mixing and using variations of of light, heavy and projectiles using dash as well.

3. And Sync is the most dependent on your hand eye coordination as there is no way to get around learning to time button presses.

Honestly, they most frustrating are the Combos considering it will vary based on how many points you can rack up and which ones give the most. Heavy attacks do actually give the most but just make sure to vary as it can get a little fighting game ish:

i.e.

(jump + hold light attack to dive + 2-4 light attacks + hold light for launcher + heavy attack juggle)

you can also swap the ending heavy juggle in favor of a (jump + 3 light attacks + on ground heavy quick finisher) similar to a Sakura Otoshi from street fighter. (this is super effective maxing out the street fighter DLC mission challenges.)

I hope I helped even a little bit and don't get discouraged, the game is amazing. It just requires a little finesse dealing cleaning up stages for S ranks, honestly you will most likely get them if you just rush forward.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hizang

@cannonballBAM: @IAmNotBatman: @skadave: @GunstarRed: @Shaymarx: @MoseSSesoM: @Bocam: I did it guys, got the 5 S Ranks, I also did all of the Lost Episodes, the in-between episodes and the true ending as well as the DLC last 4 episodes.

Asuras Wrath truly is a fantastic game, I loved it!

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IAmNotBatman

@Hizang: Congratz on your achievement! I haven't played the DLC yet, would you say it's worth it?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hizang

@IAmNotBatman said:

@Hizang: Congratz on your achievement! I haven't played the DLC yet, would you say it's worth it?

What DLC? I'd say the interludes are over priced, the Street Fighter ones are alright but seeing as I don't care for Street Fighter I didn't think it was too great. The last chapter DLC however is totally worth it, it gives the game an ending and has probably some of the best parts about that game. It wraps everything up nicely and is very emotional, it will also blow your mind!

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IAmNotBatman

@Hizang: Sorry, I meant the last chapter. I should play that at some point...

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thatdudeguy

Woo-hoo! Just made it through the True Ending! On to the final chapter!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.