True Ending DLC.... Really Capcom?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ekrolo (8 posts) -

Lets ignore the fact that Capcom is notorious for locking out character from the disk in fighting games and selling that as DLC, this is a new low for the company because just after the Bioware debacle they decide to release more DLC for the game, now I have more a issue with how this DLC is marketed, they keep saying this is the real ending of Assuras Wrath and it just makes it sound like the last 4 levels of the game were taken out for the sake of squeezing more money out of it, im not saying thats not the case but anything is possible with Capcom at this point, what im afraid of is that more and more of these greedy publishers are gonna start taking out ending or entire parts of the finished game just to sell it as DLC later on.

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Soon we'll have to purchase DLC to access the second half of a game.

#3 Posted by ekrolo (8 posts) -

This is exactly why publishers wanna go digital so we cant prove that they are locking things out or cutting stuff off the disc and they wont have to lie and cover up this stuff anymore.

#4 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Game industry really needs to crash before any of this gets better.

#5 Posted by ekrolo (8 posts) -

Lol thats true, we need another game crash like the one in 1983 to give the industry a much needed kick in the ass.

#6 Posted by iAmJohn (6110 posts) -
#7 Posted by august (3827 posts) -
@ekrolo said:

Lets ignore the fact that Capcom is notorious for locking out character from the disk in fighting games and selling that as DLC, this is a new low for the company because just after the Bioware debacle they decide to release more DLC for the game, now I have more a issue with how this DLC is marketed, they keep saying this is the real ending of Assuras Wrath and it just makes it sound like the last 4 levels of the game were taken out for the sake of squeezing more money out of it, im not saying thats not the case but anything is possible with Capcom at this point, what im afraid of is that more and more of these greedy publishers are gonna start taking out ending or entire parts of the finished game just to sell it as DLC later on.

Look into using periods.
#8 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4305 posts) -

Don't buy it. I'm not trying to be a smartass with the whole "dont like it dont buy it" thing, but seriously, if you don't like this business practice, don't buy it. The more of us who do this, the more of an impact it'll make, and sooner or later they'll have to cave. I think the way DLC is handled will be a huge determining factor for the direction of this industry, but are we just going to sit by and let whatever happens without doing anything about it? (here you can stop taking me seriously) RISE UP BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND THOSE INBETWEEN AND TAKE WHAT IS YOURS NOT IN THE PIRATING SENSE BECAUSE THATS JUST WRONG BUT I MEAN TAKE IT IN THE METAPHORICAL SENSE (I THINK) AND FIGHT BACK. DO NOT LET YOUR OPPRESSORS WIN FUCKYEAHCAPSLOCK

#9 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I could not be more eager to purchase this.

#10 Posted by shway (176 posts) -

they listen to money so dont talk with your cash. easy as that

#11 Posted by notdavid (827 posts) -

If the DLC wasn't stripped out of the game before release, I wouldn't have any problem with it. I have no idea why Capcom is trying to convince us that that's exactly what they did.

#12 Posted by MB (12060 posts) -

Please check for existing topics before needlessly creating a duplicate. This was only a few threads from the top in the Asura's Wrath forum.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.