magnusgman's Asura's Wrath (PlayStation 3) review

• magnusgman wrote this review on .
  • This review received 1 comments

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of my RRRAAAAAAAGHHH

Let me start with this. My review is probably biased.

There is not much Gameplay to Asura's Wrath. Most of the time I found myself frantically pressing the Circle Button, which I believe will never work right again. I also found myself constantly smiling as the scenes unfolding before my eyes constantly grew in scale and sheer craziness.

I'm going to get this off my chest.

I love this game. Oh Good Sweet Xenu, do I love this game.

Cyberconnect 2 designed this game to play like an anime. I can say they succeeded, right down to the faux commercial breaks. Overall, this game was a well made gamble, despite the fact that the gameplay itself is sparse and with no variety. It's such a strange and out there spectacle that I can forgive it's shortcomings, as the ride is wild and entirely worth it.

I am no Hemingway, so I'll just say this.

If you hate Quick Time Events, you probably won't be fond of Asura's Wrath.

For everyone else, this game will have you yelling at the television as you mash that Circle Button as fast as you possibly can. That's what I did anyway.

If you want to try it, rent it. I can not express how well worth the rent this game is. I decided to take a chance and buy it. I didn't do so without much thought, as I had bought the dreadful Neverdead a few weeks earlier. I'm very happy I bought this.

'Nuff said.

Posted by Sammo21

I can't support a game that I can't play, especially when I a was bored even before I hit the 1/2 way mark. I love anime, but I didn't put Asura's Wrath in my PS3 to watch an anime.