Atelier Meruru coming to America in May.

#1 Edited by Icemael (6307 posts) -
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/13/atelier-meruru-the-apprentice-of-arland-will-master-alchemy-in-may/ 

NIS America shortened the gap between the Western and Japanese releases for the Atelier series. Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland will be available in May, less than a year after the game’s debut in Japan.

Official site: http://nisamerica.com/games/atelier-meruru/ 

This might be the first Atelier game I buy. The videos I've seen make the battles seem much more exciting than in previous games, if only on an aesthetic level.
#2 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4247 posts) -

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Huge fan of the series, NIS, and jrpgs in general so color me excited because I just lost another $60 this year.

#3 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

Still only have the first of the PS3 games, but any time they translate a JRPG it can only be a good thing.

My dream is that they include English subtitles from scratch in all Japanese games so we can just import what we like. I don't need English voices and the masses can just wait for the fully translated version.

#4 Posted by Neonie (414 posts) -

I think I am just going to start with this game. I have no problem no playing previous games in a series.

#5 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6041 posts) -

That's good news. I have one of those games somewhere around here for the PS2, but I've never gotten into it. I'm still working on Disgaea 4, but another NIS game isn't a bad thing.

#6 Posted by valahuir (10 posts) -

@Neonie: They don't follow directly anyway, I doubt you'll miss anything detrimental to the plot having missed the prior instalment, Totori after all only had a few nods at Rorona (for example the charicter Rorona made a comback and talks to another returning charicter Sterk about when she started her workshop)

As such I don't see them doing a U-turn and maiking the plot inaccessable to new players. I'm fairly sure they learned from Ar tonilico 2 (also made by the same developers) where if you hadn't played one a lot of the vocabulary ment little.

But being a fan of the series I've already got mine ordered from Nisa themselves, even though that means importing it to Jolly ol' Blighty.

... Yes I'm impatent shush.

#7 Posted by Neonie (414 posts) -

@valahuir: Thanks, though I should mention I actually picked up and enjoyed both Rorona and Totori, so I know I'll enjoy this one too :D

#8 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

I can't wait to be the little girl again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.