Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Atelier

Franchise »

A role-playing franchise developed by GUST that focuses on crafting and resource gathering.

A good starting point for this franchise?

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

For some reason I feel like giving the Atelier series a try. As far as I can remember, I haven't played any of these games.
    Could anyone recommend me a good starting point for this franchise? I'd love to get some use out my Vita but
    the other versions are OK too if these are easier to get into.

Thanks in advance

mrhaydel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, I imagine by now you’ve likely already decided (and probably have already completed, or not, whatever game you chose :-) ), but in case you haven’t or for anyone else who comes here looking for an answer, I thought I’d provide a few links to some useful (or at least I found them to be useful) discussion on where to start with the Atelier series.

There are these 3 conversations (one, two, three) on the Atelier subreddit, all centered around which of the 4-6 Atelier games (4 on the Vita, 6 on the PS3) to start with, with the third of those wondering about which is more laid back and less restrained (since many of the games have a time limit of sorts to deal with). Obviously the standard grain of salt, your mileage may vary, and to each their own all apply here, but as I said, it helped me at least put all of the games in context with one another.

Me? Well, I bought Totori Plus on the Vita during 2014’s Golden Week sale, but only played maybe 30 minutes of it before something else got my attention. However, for some reason I impulse-bought Ayesha Plus during this most recent sale, and am about 10 hours in, and have found myself really enjoying it so far. I’m using a walkthrough on GameFAQs, but I find that it doesn’t detract from my enjoyment of the game; rather it helps mitigate any stress I might feel from the time limit. Plus my understanding is that this game is the first in the Dusk trilogy, so if it really works for me, I can seek out the other two games in the trilogy, or move over to the Arland trilogy and play those.

Anyway, hope this helps duder!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.