New Audiosurf announced + Beta signup

#1 Edited by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Source: http://xbigygames.com/audiosurf-sequel-announcement-beta-signup/

Main Site: http://air.audio-surf.com/

Really happy to hear a new Audiosurf game coming out. I really enjoyed the first one when it released then played bits of it here and there. I'm personally hoping for a ton of new visual effects to make riding the music even more satisfying. Anyone interested?

As a side commentary, I wonder what new modes they will have if any since you aren't controlling a vehicle now from the looks of it. Also I wonder if the gameplay will change a bit though of course it looks like it will still have that rapid tetris-style gameplay of matching block colours together.

#2 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

I love me some Audiosurf. I still ride every new album I get, eventhough the effects are no longer that interesting to look at.

#3 Posted by gike987 (1747 posts) -

Already signed up. Audiosurf was the first game I bought directly from Steam. I played a lot of game which is funny because I normally don't listen much to music.

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11809 posts) -

Just signed up; thanks for the link. Color me interested, though I was never good enough at Audiosurf to play anything other than Ninja Mono. Beat Hazard won out for me in the Great Steam Indie Music Game War of 2008-2009.

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6295 posts) -

Yay! I was getting a bit tired of Audiosurf, and this could be a much-needed refreshment.

#6 Posted by artofwar420 (6248 posts) -

Awesome, really liked Audiosurf.

#7 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2375 posts) -

Looks kinda cool but also way different. I'd love to see it find new ways to decipher the music and use it as gameplay.

#8 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

Hot damn, i hope it's good. The original is awesome.

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -
See existing thread in the Audiosurf Air forum.
#10 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

See existing thread in the Audiosurf Air forum.

BAH FOOK!

Thanks for that dude. I can't believe I did not see this so my apologies. Well at least it reminded people of it but hey it's up to the mods to decide what to do here.

#11 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

More Audiosurf is a good thing.

#12 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

Signed up in a heartbeat!

#13 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. It looks great.

#14 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Sign-up get!

Audiosurf is like Half-Life 2 in that I'll play it twice a year without fail for like 20 hours straight then completely forget it exists for six months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.