This game appeared on my Steam Library! g-g-g-ghost game?

#1 Edited by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

Hey fellow bombers, could you please look in your Steam Libraries and check if you have this game?

It appeared in mine this morning and I don´t know why? It´s actually pretty neat and trippy, even though it might work better on an Ipad or something.

But hey, free g-g-g gaaame! From the ether!

#2 Edited by deox (210 posts) -

Yeah, I noticed it in my Steam library last night. I assumed it was part of some indie bundle I had bought in the past and just forgot about... but it didn't look familiar. Very strange.

#3 Edited by TheSmudge (10 posts) -

Yep, got it.

#4 Edited by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

Sweet, now I gotta check to see if i got it too.

EDIT: NOO. I've been a member on Steam for 7.5 years and they don't even give me this? Sheesh.

#5 Edited by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

Yeah, weird. It seems like a random number of people received it last night. Not complaining here, free games are always cool.

Anyway, feel free to spread the word. Together we can make those ghost games known to the public!

#6 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

huh, weird. Seems it has appeared in my steam library too. I didn't even notice it buried away in there.

#7 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

BLACK MAGIC!!!!!!1!

#8 Edited by Fattony12000 (7036 posts) -
@xyzygy said:

Sweet, now I gotta check to see if i got it too.

EDIT: NOO. I've been a member on Steam for 7.5 years and they don't even give me this? Sheesh.

Nine years over here.

THANKS GABEN, MAYBE YOU SHOULD HIRE BACK THOSE 25 PEOPLE SO THEY CAN SEND ME A FREE GAME. GOD.

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

No, but for a while I did own the Japanese version of Skyrim.

#10 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

Steam discussion : You're not alone, the conclusion in the discussion there that it is linked to RAGE.

#11 Posted by benjo_t (138 posts) -

I too have a copy of this game mysteriously residing in my library. Glad to hear I'm not alone, thought something was up with my account.

#12 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

THANKS GABEN, MAYBE YOU SHOULD HIRE BACK THOSE 25 PEOPLE SO THEY CAN SEND ME A FREE GAME. GOD.

I enjoyed that perhaps more than I should have.

#13 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1255 posts) -

To further solidify the current evidence, I also have Auditorium and Rage.

#14 Posted by Beaker (94 posts) -

To further solidify the current evidence, I also have Auditorium and Rage.

#15 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -
#16 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

Yeah, so that Rage purchase was not completely in vain!

Weird- I wonder if it will somehow disappear again. Gotta play it now!

#17 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Free weekend?

#18 Posted by Aetheldod (3509 posts) -

I dont have it ... as well as I dont have Rage ... so confirmed?

#19 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

#20 Edited by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

Yeah, I guess it´s because of Rage. Probably because of the mod tools they released? Or John Carmack magic is at work. Foul magicks.

Quick, somebody purchase Rage now and tell us if the error is retroactive! Nah, don´t buy it- unless it´s like 10 bucks.

#21 Posted by Fattony12000 (7036 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

I enjoyed that perhaps more than I should have.

Story of my life online.

#22 Posted by Forcen (1804 posts) -

I already own both those games, I feel so left out.

#23 Posted by jonnybob (166 posts) -

I thought maybe it would have something to do with Splice as that's the top news item under it....

#24 Edited by The_Hiro_Abides (1255 posts) -

Today's update of Steam took out Auditorium. Guess I should've tried before they took it away.

#25 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

Today's update of Steam took out Auditorium. Guess I should've tried before they took it away.

Hah! Well, I played an hour or so and that was just about enough. There are better puzzle games on Steam, like the excellent Fractal.

#26 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I have RAGE but I don't have this game. Weird.

#27 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1255 posts) -

@nekusakuraba: I think they fixed that glitch with today's update.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.