Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Austin Walker

Person » credited in 2 games

Host of Waypoint Radio & Friends at the Table, former Editor-in-Chief of Waypoint, former editor at Giant Bomb, PhD Candidate in Media Studies at the University of Western Ontario. Austin Walker writes about games, culture, and relationships between play and labor.

A farewell video I made

kevslider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Please Enjoy!

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sweet!!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The ending of the video makes it almost seem like an obituary.

kevslider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not what I was going for.

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

The ending of the video makes it almost seem like an obituary.

Don't go to E3, that shit will kill you

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Goddammit, Austin had a hell of a run here at GB. Gonna miss that duder so much. I just hope he doesn't fade into a background/writing role at VICE. He's got way too much charisma to be away from a mic/camera!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By Castiel

The video just won't play for me. Never mind it seems to be all youtube videos at the moment.

And now youtube just seems to be down.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

Please tell me this video is not music scored with Sarah McLachlan's "In The Arms Of The Angel Lyrics", because I don't feel like crying today.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Fun fact. Run DMC's Darryl "DMC" McDaniels says that song saved his life when it played on the radio during a particularly bad stint with drugs.:

"So I said to myself--not that I wasn't happy with the way things were goin' and I wasn't grateful for all of my accomplishments, but I said 'Okay, I'm gonna commit suicide.' Why? Probably because I was unhappy with 'if this is all I'm gonna get out of this life, I can't stay here. I'm ready to move on to my next plane of existence...."

"...But I said 'When I get home, I'm gonna commit suicide.' So I get home and I get in the car that picks me up [at the airport], I turned the radio on. Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" was on the radio. That record saved my life. Wife. Kids. Fortune. Fame. I didn't give a f--- about none of that. I turned the radio on--and I'm tryin' to express to you how it's so funny. I turned it on and I heard Sarah McLachlan's record and something that day said 'Life is good. It's good to be alive.' "So I go and I buy that record and everything Sarah McLachlan ever made. I listen Sarah McLachlan for one whole year. At the end of the year the Grammy's come around and my manager says 'D, let's go to the Grammy party. We're gonna go to Clive Davis' party.' I didn't want to go. I didn't care about s---. All I cared about was Sarah McLachlan records. So we go to the Grammy party, I get there and who do I see sittin' across the room--'cuz she was on Arista Records under Clive Davis--it's Sarah McLachlan. She was 'that lady.' I go 'Oh my god, it's that lady!' So I'm gettin' all nervous, but then I go 'No, I gotta go over there and tell Sarah McLachlan what her record did for me.'"

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sniff. Bye Austin

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@monkeyking1969: Fun fact. Run DMC's Darryl "DMC" McDaniels says that song saved his life when it played on the radio during a particularly bad stint with drugs.:

"So I said to myself--not that I wasn't happy with the way things were goin' and I wasn't grateful for all of my accomplishments, but I said 'Okay, I'm gonna commit suicide.' Why? Probably because I was unhappy with 'if this is all I'm gonna get out of this life, I can't stay here. I'm ready to move on to my next plane of existence...."

"...But I said 'When I get home, I'm gonna commit suicide.' So I get home and I get in the car that picks me up [at the airport], I turned the radio on. Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" was on the radio. That record saved my life. Wife. Kids. Fortune. Fame. I didn't give a f--- about none of that. I turned the radio on--and I'm tryin' to express to you how it's so funny. I turned it on and I heard Sarah McLachlan's record and something that day said 'Life is good. It's good to be alive.' "So I go and I buy that record and everything Sarah McLachlan ever made. I listen Sarah McLachlan for one whole year. At the end of the year the Grammy's come around and my manager says 'D, let's go to the Grammy party. We're gonna go to Clive Davis' party.' I didn't want to go. I didn't care about s---. All I cared about was Sarah McLachlan records. So we go to the Grammy party, I get there and who do I see sittin' across the room--'cuz she was on Arista Records under Clive Davis--it's Sarah McLachlan. She was 'that lady.' I go 'Oh my god, it's that lady!' So I'm gettin' all nervous, but then I go 'No, I gotta go over there and tell Sarah McLachlan what her record did for me.'"

...so your saying I WILL be crying? Damn.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinite sadness

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm sad again thanks

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great video, dude.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That was super good.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm relieved that wasn't a photo montage to Green Day's "Time of Your Life"

Deadlydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deadlydog

I'll miss him on the podcasts and videos a lot! But the opportunity he got at Vice was a once in a lifetime thing and I know he's the right person for the job. Where can I find the gunpla video btw?

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Austin really ought to realize they won't be doing things like this for him over at The Still Unnamed Austin Walker Vice Gaming Website. There will be no high quality anime portraits made by fans where he's going.

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, what? Austin's leaving?

SansJason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can someone tell me, please, what video the clip of Austin and Dan (doing jumping jacks) is from?

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wait, what? Austin's leaving?

He's been a ghost this whole time dude.

Can someone tell me, please, what video the clip of Austin and Dan (doing jumping jacks) is from?

It's Austin watching a periscope of Dan eating every item off the taco bell menu.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BisonHero

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.