Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Avalanche Studios

Company »

A Swedish developer best known for the Just Cause series.

Developer of Just Cause Reveals New "Triple AAA Title" in 2014

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

I really, really loved Just Cause 2, and I consider it one of the best games of 2010. Sure the story and voice acting was el terrible, but the gameplay and graphics were out of this world.

About a month ago the swedish developer Avalanche Studios announced that they're opening a new studio in New York City. Previously they did all their work from their office in Stockholm, Sweden. In that same press release they talk about some of the people working at the new studio, including David Grijns who previously worked at Atari and Activision, and also Roland Lesterlin who previously worked as a Creative Director at Mindspark Interactive.

Baked into the same press release is the promise of an "unannounced triple A title targeted for release on next-generation platforms in 2014". Is it Just Cause 3? A new IP? And is it just me, or is it odd to refer to Xbox360 and PS3 as "next-generation"? Hopefully we'll hear more about this sooner than later.

EDIT:

For the nit-picky: yes I know it should read "triple A" and not "triple AAA". Enjoy.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By time allen
    @CrazyChris said:

And is it just me, or is it odd to refer to Xbox360 and PS3 as "next-generation"? Hopefully we'll hear more about this sooner than later.

that's because they're referring to the next generation platforms when they say "next generation platforms."
    Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tylea002

A triple AAA?

An AAAAAAAAA title? Wow.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

Oh man. MS and Sony said no next-gen consoles until 2014, but when developers start making games for those platforms, that far-off reality gets scarier every day.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

Just Cause developer confirms!  PS4 and Xbox 720 in 2014!  Someone make a thread about that.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Cincaid

@PenguinDust said:

Just Cause developer confirms! PS4 and Xbox 720 in 2014! Someone make a thread about that.

Personally I'm more interested in the off-chance that they're developing a Just Cause 3. :)

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By MEATBALL

Triple A!? I always get excited when I hear that phrase! If this upcoming IP from Avalanche Studios is Triple A it must be good! I can't wait until it goes gold and ships, I wonder what the sell-through will be like!

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

You tell me the dudes who made Just Cause 2 are making a AAA game for the next Xbox.

I say of course they are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.