What new games would you want avatar awards?

#1 Posted by gimpysoup (87 posts) -

I would want half life episode 3 to have avatar awards. It would be epic if i could get a head crab that would cover my avatars whole face.

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14099 posts) -

I wouldn't call it "epic" but I suppose some Half-Life avatar awards could be kind of cool. However, I think when it comes to making the next Half-Life game avatar awards should probably be just about the bottom priority for Valve.

#3 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

crackdown 2.  OH OH OH, I KNOWWWW 

Red Dead Redemption!!! 

YEAH!!! That'd be bitchin to have a cowboy hat and a repeater rifle.

#4 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

red dead redemption. i want to be a proper, badass cowboy

#5 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

Guys,help me,do I get avatar awards WITH achivements?Do I need some new update?I already have the avatar awards from Halo,using that free downloadable "game".Do they work like achivements?I would really like some.
#6 Edited by Crixaliz (782 posts) -
@FirePrince: Avatar awards have nothing to with achievements, you just get them in similar way in some games. In L4D2 if you kill a certain number of zombies you get a shirt.

There is a list of the games that have avatar awards here
#7 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -
@Crixaliz:
Thank you!
#8 Posted by Jedted (2400 posts) -

I'd like to see some avatar awards added to Mass Effect 2, like a krogan or turian head or something like that. 
#9 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3709 posts) -

Don't care.

#10 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
@Jedted said:
" I'd like to see some avatar awards added to Mass Effect 2, like a krogan or turian head or something like that.  "
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be hardly any retroactive avatar awards.  But more games are getting awards every day so there is always ME3.  
#11 Posted by SamFo (1548 posts) -

Rock Band 3 
#12 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
@Jedted: @Jedted said:
" I'd like to see some avatar awards added to Mass Effect 2, like a krogan or turian head or something like that.  "
Also, there is a fixed maximum size for avatar stuff that probably won't change.  It's set that way because of games with Avatar support (there is tons of technical detail on their blog).  So the animations and bounding boxes won't get wrecked no matter what gear you put on them.   So a Krogan head might not be possible and look good.
#13 Posted by Jedted (2400 posts) -
@YoungFrey said:
" @Jedted: @Jedted said:
Also, there is a fixed maximum size for avatar stuff that probably won't change.  It's set that way because of games with Avatar support (there is tons of technical detail on their blog).  So the animations and bounding boxes won't get wrecked no matter what gear you put on them.   So a Krogan head might not be possible and look good. "

They have Vault Boy head from Fallout 3 so a krogan head wouldn't nessicarily have to be much bigger then that. 
#14 Edited by White_Silhouette (476 posts) -

Armour from Fallout New Vegas would be nice. Or maybe a ghoul skin.

edit: a Clap trap avatar accessory would be cool two.

#15 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
@Jedted:
I fear it might end up like the horrifying Chewbacca head.  There is something to be said for chosing not to do something you can't do right.    

@White_Silhouette said:
" Armour from Fallout New Vegas would be nice. Or maybe a ghoul skin.  edit: a Clap trap avatar accessory would be cool two. "

That is something I'd like to see, skin textures or colors. 
#16 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Nanosuit from Crysis 2 could be cool. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.