Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Avatar - The Last Airbender: Into the Inferno

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 13, 2008

Avatar -The Last Airbender: Into the Inferno takes place in the third and final season of the show where Aang must take on the Fire lord.

Avatar (cartoon) games have Co-op?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

Ive been enjoying the Avatar series lately and im in the mood for a simplistic brawler so Ive been looking at the Avatar games (although I do have to get over the fact if i play the Burning Earth then I look like a whore even if I dont care about Gamerscore) but the format of the games seems to really lend itself to Co-op but I read a review of the first game in the series (based of the first series of the cartoon) and it says that it dosent have Co-op so I was wondering if any of them do? Id love to play through a simplistic brawler with my friend on the couch (as Ive done many times with classic brawlers) so do any of them have Co-op or is it single player only?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pazy

I did a little more looking and it seems that the Wii version of "The Burning Earth" (second game in the series out of 3) has co-op and all the rest of them are single player only although you walk around with a group and can switch at any time which seems ripe for a co-op mode. If anyone has any first-hand knowledge it would be helpful because Im still really unsure. If its co-op ill probably get that one and if they are single player only ill probably end up playing the Wii versions in order (since only the second is on 360 and the Wii controls for the third look fun).

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By roofy

sorry i dont have anything useful to add but i just wanted to say that Avatar: The Last Airbender was one of the best cartoon series that i've ever watched.

its a shame that its known for easy achievements because the universe is ripe for good gameplay

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FartyMcNarly
    @roofy: You need to watch better cartoons
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pazy
    @FartyMcNarly said:

" @roofy: You need to watch better cartoons "

I would agree with him. In terms of childrens cartoons its one of the best and im annoyed that I waited 5 years to start watching (saw it for the first time about a month ago), most current cartoons seem happy to be generic and dull because they know its only kids that would watch it and they probably dont know what generic is but Avatar seems to aim slightly higher and allow adults in with some clever jokes and some cool action. I dont think it could stand up to how much I love animated shows like Super Dimension Fortress Macross but they have very diffrent aims, the only other non-anime cartoons that I really care about are Family Guy (and American Dad and Cleveland Show to lesser extent) and...Star Trek? 

What other cartoons (non-anime) do you think are actually worthwhile to an adult?

EDIT: Also no one knows? Surely with all the people who abused it for Gamescore someone must have noticed if there was a multiplayer option?

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Pazy: Batman: The Animated Series!
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Toxin066
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " @Pazy: Batman: The Animated Series! "
    Q.T.F.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pazy

Ive bought all 3 of the Avatar games on Wii. The first 2 have yet to arrive but Ive played the third one, in single player you can press the D-Pad to swap between 2 characters at all times and a 2 player mode where the second player is the second character and is active with you. As far as I know the second game is the same and the first is single player only. 

Hopefully I can convince my friend that Avatar is good so we have a brawler and a fairly simple (but rather enjoyable) platform action game to play.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

I bought the 360 for those achievments when I found it real cheap.  The 10 minutes I played it to get that 1000 points let me know that it is easily the worst 360 game I have, including Sneak King.  But to answer the question, I was never prompted at any point to play 2-player and I never saw an option for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.