Anyone excited about the PC version?

#1 Posted by Yooont (2 posts) -

I never got around to playing this game when it came out on consoles so I'm pretty excited to be able to play it now that it will be on steam. It always looked fun but other games came out and I just forgot about it. I really enjoy MOBAs but I'm pretty horrible at them. This game seems like it is less demanding so hopefully I can actually do well in it. Is anyone else going to be playing it when it comes out or has your interest in this game died from taking so long to be ported over?

#2 Posted by mtcantor (951 posts) -

Not really. Played it for a couple of hours on the PS3 and I just can't see the long-lasting appeal.

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

With so many vastly superior MOBAs already on the PC, I can't imagine this release will see a broad following.

#4 Posted by Cubidog1 (245 posts) -

I'm excited for it. I got a few friends who will play this with me, so I'm happy. I just wonder how it will control compared to the console version, which looked simple and easy to use. I assume this will be just as good.

#5 Posted by Getz (3154 posts) -

Yeah, I can't really see how PC gamers are going to choose this over the myriad other better MOBAs. The cool thing about Awesomenauts on the console was that it was that style of game but optimized for controllers. Easy to get in to, but ultimately lacking depth (relative to LoL or DotA).

I mean, once I got the right build for Lonestar it was pretty much a cakewalk to mow down most anyone. Gotta go with dynamite, and just ignore the bull. Three pieces of dynamite with damage beefed up is an instant kill most of the time, couple that with bounce mods and explosion size mods and you're wrecking shit up. You can even solo turrets. It's kind of ridiculous.

#6 Posted by ajamafalous (12146 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

With so many vastly superior MOBAs already on the PC, I can't imagine this release will see a broad following.

Yeah, this. I don't imagine there'll be much of a community around it at all.
#7 Posted by Silan (31 posts) -

I think a lot of you are way too pessimistic. First of all, i don't agree that other MOBA games like Dota2/LoL is better. Second, i think there's a lot of people like me who don't really care for the 100-heroes-dotagames but like the genre. I've played Dota2/HoN/LoL/Smite, but none of them ever clicked. I've just gotten my beta for Awesomenauts, and it totally clicks, simple enough that i don't feel like i have 100 of hours reading about items and heroes in front of me, but still a lot of depths so i still feel like a stupid newb :D.

I'm definitely sold, and i don't think i'm alone.

#8 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

nope

#9 Posted by mosdl (3258 posts) -

Personally I wish there was a demo

#10 Posted by PhantomGardener (470 posts) -

I bought the game on steam today. Really enjoying the game so far! Also, I must be the worst Awesomenauts player ever.

#11 Posted by toastface (108 posts) -

Funny, I bought the game recently and I'm kind of regretting spending $10 on it. It's a good idea, but unless you get in on the ground floor, prepare to not have fun while everyone else has all the unlocks and can almost one shot you.

#12 Posted by redefaulted (2833 posts) -

@toastface: I feel you need to take a second look at the "unlocks" you receive when leveling and bask in the understanding that it's not that big of a deal.

I have put about 11-12 hours into the game since I bought it yesterday and if anyone would like to play some online games with me throw me a Steam invite on ck1nd!

Also, the game has a decent following because, while it is a MOBA, it's more of an arcade version rather than a competitive sport. I find it easier to drop in and play rather than having to dedicate at least 45 minutes to a well-played game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.