Upcoming Awesomenauts patch

#1 Posted by BlackLagoon (1428 posts) -

Any thoughts or expectations as to the new patch? Apparently it will have to new characters and various balance tweaks. From the Awesomenauts Facebook page:

Some examples: Upgrading Leons tongue ability, while sacrificing your melee damage, will now be a relevant strategic option. We've also replaced the Power Pills Turbo items with an item that increases your health by a small amount for free, once. This will be a useful tool for players who want some extra early-game power at the cost of more late-game oriented items. Lonestar's bull will get an item that makes it explode on death, dealing some hefty aoe damage. This item will replace the bull speed upgrade.

Other rumored changes include the removal of Yuri's tractor beam and extending the duration of his time warp. Being a Yuri player myself these changes sound fine to me, just hope they don't mess up his mines. Of the two characters, one is supposed to be a girl on a hooverboard who shoots lightning, while the other a big armored guy who can deploy turrets and fire holo-cats...

#2 Posted by BlackLagoon (1428 posts) -

And they've revealed another change in the patch:

One of the issues we're addressing with the update is the power of Voltars' drones. They are too effective at tanking turrets and their maximum damage output is a bit too high. So we've reduced the drone base health and replaced the Force Fields item with an item that makes the drone shots blind enemies. To compensate, the drones now explode and deal a bit of damage when they die. This ties in with our second change: replacing the second shot damage item with an item that improves their explosion upon destruction. Both these changes make the drones better at support and defense, as they were originally intended.

A friend of mine won't be happy since Voltar with beefed up drones is his favorite build. Apparently they'll also be "fixing the connectivity issues", mostly due to NAT issues, though I hope this means I'll get less of the dreadded "lost connection, returing to menu" message. Cost me a lot of XP that one.

#3 Edited by ChosenOne (204 posts) -

Four weeks and the patch still isn't here. I really hope the next gen consoles fix their respective infrastructures to allow for timely game patches (among many other things). I'm starting to lose interest in this game, I've been playing it way more than I normally would because my gfx card is busted and it's summer so all the big console games are hibernating until fall. Which is something I still don't understand, you're telling me if GTAV dropped right now it wouldn't sell just as many copies (if not more) than it would later in the year? At least last year we got Infamous 2, this year we got jack and sadly its not an anomaly. But I digress...

#4 Posted by mosespippy (4169 posts) -

@ChosenOne said:

Four weeks and the patch still isn't here. I really hope the next gen consoles fix their respective infrastructures to allow for timely game patches (among many other things). I'm starting to lose interest in this game, I've been playing it way more than I normally would because my gfx card is busted and it's summer so all the big console games are hibernating until fall. Which is something I still don't understand, you're telling me if GTAV dropped right now it wouldn't sell just as many copies (if not more) than it would later in the year? At least last year we got Infamous 2, this year we got jack and sadly its not an anomaly. But I digress...

Yes I am. Later in the year there will be loads of uninformed people purchasing games as christmas gifts for their children or grand children. When they ask the store clerk what's popular and new GTA, Halo and CoD are the answer the clerk is going to give. Those games will be purchased by us no matter when they come out but granny only buys games once a year.

#5 Edited by Ares42 (2662 posts) -

Hmm, late to the party... but ye, dunno how much I like the HP change, making late game even more volatile isn't what the game needs imo.

Edit: hmm, guess the patch dropped ? or they just released the patch notes ?

#6 Edited by ChosenOne (204 posts) -

Makes sense, and I'm sure there are some other legit reasons too. I guess I'm just envious of the movie industry enjoying big blockbusters around this time of year but gamers get the yearly drought, but I guess our time to shine is during that holiday window you mentioned.

Yea, just notes, no actual patch yet. I actually shouldn't complain too much because I'm one of those people currently benefiting from Voltar's drones being overpowered.

#7 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Feels like they didn't go far enough with the nerds on Leon and Lonestar. They'll still be pretty much unstoppable throughout the entirety of every match.

#8 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
@joshthebear
Feels like they didn't go far enough with the nerds on Leon and Lonestar. They'll still be pretty much unstoppable throughout the entirety of every match.
That should be nerfs. Gotta love not being able to edit on the mobile site.
#9 Posted by SMTDante89 (2577 posts) -

New patch is up now on the 360 according to Joystiq, and I just checked and it's also up on the PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.