Which Character do you mainly use and why?

#1 Posted by SMTDante89 (2600 posts) -

#2 Posted by SMTDante89 (2600 posts) -

I find myself mainly using Voltar nowadays, which is surprising. I'm usually the kind of person to go in guns blazing but there's something about being able to heal my teammates that appeals to me in Awesomenauts. So how about you guys, which character do you mainly use. And I should have added a Random option for those that roll with whatever is given to you, sorry about that.

#3 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I switch between Clunk and Voltar, depending on the situation.

#4 Posted by MeesterO (28 posts) -

Froggy G, he is pretty amazing at abusing and bullying other players.

#5 Posted by Ares42 (2731 posts) -

Lonestar, I just love the early game damage potential from the dynamite. Also I've yet to really figure out how to do the massive bursts I've seen some Leons do.

#6 Posted by HatKing (6025 posts) -

Leon is what I roll. The tongue is fantastic to harass and dominate opponents, especially once you get your basic attack upgraded a bit.

#7 Posted by Shade667 (1 posts) -

I use Leon Chameleon. He is the only melee and he is the fast stealth assasin, Perfect for ambushing and his tongue snatch reminds me so much of the Pudge's hook from the original Dota XD

#8 Edited by Smokay (525 posts) -

I always choose random since you get a1000 solar bonus at the end of the game I usally do really well as any hero but I hate being picked as Voltar since I have to rely on other people.

#9 Posted by TurboMan (7605 posts) -

Froggy G, because of the song.

#10 Posted by BoFooQ (695 posts) -

clunk, cause I like the bite that increases my life. Focus on getting power bite that steals life and increases my life and big guns. I can stand in front of a turret by myself and take shots for a few seconds which can be real important at times. I like froggy G but I find myself dying more cause I'm more focused on powering up attacks than adding life.

#11 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Began as a froggy guy, but was forced to use Clunk which improved my play considerably. Haven't looked back.

#12 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

After playing a bit more I've got to say Lonestar is quite a beast. Having 3 dynamite with life steal and the hyper bull to push everyone away is a great combo.

Also upping his movement speed with triple jump is great for getting away fast.

#13 Posted by ErgoMeSmart (41 posts) -

Leon. A walking, attack clone going round while I backstab people is great. If not him, then the healer, Voltar. Healing is actually great fun in this game, and in addition to this he is heavily over-powered.

#14 Posted by DrHawking (214 posts) -

Leon mainly for that tongue grab. So satisfying to rope back a retreating player with that tongue to grab a kill.

#15 Posted by auburok (26 posts) -

Leon. Finally, I can put my years of playing Castlevania endlessly to use killing other players with melee ranged attacks. Leon's a carry in the beginning, but it's not so bad. I try to push his damage output and then slowly trickle in to his other skills once I've reached full basic attack damage potential. I like Lonestar as well since he's the ultimate turret defender.

#16 Posted by Oddy4000 (94 posts) -

May be changing vote from Clunk to Yuri - I unlocked him and he's a beast, except that he gets rocked by Leon

#17 Posted by El33tPanda (150 posts) -

The griefing potential with Leon is just too much fun to pass up, so I usually end up turret-pulling people with Leon.

#18 Posted by Apollo87 (148 posts) -

I almost always play with a friend who uses Voltar so I choose Clunk and we make a brilliant team.

#19 Posted by BlackLagoon (1457 posts) -

I keep coming back to Yuri, because hoovering out of range while dumping mines everywhere is fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.