Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 1: It's About Time

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 22, 2010

Telltale Games brings an all new adventure to the Back to the Future universe, which takes place six months after the end of the last film.

Wii owners can't go back to the future

Avatar image for insanity_pepper
    insanity_pepper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By insanity_pepper

Telltale has gone on record saying the Back to the Future will not be coming to the Wii in disc or download format. I realize they never announced it, but I really felt they would eventually say it was coming to the Wii. The reason for my belief is that Telltale has released several other titles on Wii such as Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and Tales of Monkey Island. 

Are you dissapointed in this announcement, or do you not care either way?
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

Nah doesn't really affect me, I'll get the first episode free on the PC through that code thing and decide if I wanna purchase the other episodes

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ghostiet

The Wii port of Sam & Max was a total disaster, I don't know about the rest, but if it was on the same level as Season 1, it's probably for the better.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mikey87144

If the Wii is your only means of playing it then I can see the disappointment but if you have a choice between that or any other system then don't you usually play said game on another system?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I have a Wii... in my closet. Seriously though the Sam and Max port was terrible so they should just focus on the PC and other platforms. 

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By hyperfludd

I played through the first 2 seasons of Sam & Max on Wii, and while it isn't as terrible as some people make it out to be...lets just say I'm glad Devil's Playhouse got a PS3 release. 

It would be more expensive via Wii too, if ToMI and Strong Bad $10 per ep structure continues. 

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

It's not coming to Xbox 360 either. I was another forum earlier today talking about this.

gamingeek said:

Why are Telltale snubbing the 360 and Wii for Back to the Future?

I'm pretty sure Telltale just pulls console names out of a hat.

Twist3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twist3d

thats why i dont own a white gamecube with motion controlls, wii has turned into a womans workout console now lol, up and down and up and down

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By cozmicaztaway

I suppose that's kind of a bummer, but mahybe they're expecting people who want to play it will either have one of the other consoles or the PC version has very low requirements, so most people could play that anyway.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @LordAndrew said:
    " It's not coming to Xbox 360 either. I was another forum earlier today talking about this."
    Yeah.  The internet rage spouted by some of the 360 owners out there over this is hilarious.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The PC requirements for Telltale games are so low, I don't see why anyone should be upset about this. Unless you're living in the stone age, you should be able to run it on PC easily. And the mouse and keyboard are how these games are meant to be played anyway.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By toowalrus

I was hoping to play this on the 360, but the PC will be just fine. I would never prefer playing a game on the Wii that I had any other options for playing it on.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Hailinel said:
    " @LordAndrew said:
    " It's not coming to Xbox 360 either. I was another forum earlier today talking about this."
    Yeah.  The internet rage spouted by some of the 360 owners out there over this is hilarious. "
    It's hilarious if you're a PS3 fanboy maybe?
    I plan on getting the game on the PC, where I have all their others.  But I don't see why they're keeping it off platforms where the games have sold very well on in the past, obviously it's going to piss people off and they have every right to be upset about it.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hailinel
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @LordAndrew said:
    Yeah.  The internet rage spouted by some of the 360 owners out there over this is hilarious. "
    It's hilarious if you're a PS3 fanboy maybe? I plan on getting the game on the PC, where I have all their others.  But I don't see why they're keeping it off platforms where the games have sold very well on in the past, obviously it's going to piss people off and they have every right to be upset about it. "
    You don't don't need to be a PS3 fanboy to appreciate the sort of rage some have displayed.  Rather than come off as being justifiably disappointed, some of the 360 players out there just seem to have major entitlement issues and express a profound sense of being morally wronged in some ludicrous manner apparent only to themselves.
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kjellm87

I remember Monkey Island had some issues on Wii, so its maybe for the best. Nothing game breaking though

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Hailinel:   There's some geniune disappointment and again, obviously some people are going to be angry.  Can't say I've seen anything along the lines of being "morally wronged" like say..  PS3 owners complaining about the New Vegas DLC?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hailinel
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @Hailinel:   There's some geniune disappointment and again, obviously some people are going to be angry.  Can't say I've seen anything along the lines of being "morally wronged" like say..  PS3 owners complaining about the New Vegas DLC? "
    If you're trying to get a rise out of me with the New Vegas DLC comment, you're sadly mistaken.  I'll give that game another go after it's patched, but otherwise I don't give a single fuck about that game in the least.
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Well, haven't they been skipping the 360 because it's a pain to do episodic stuff on it? Look at the Wallace and Gromit fiasco, or how Sam and Max only came out as full games.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By NTM

If a game's multiplatform, why would someone want it on the Wii anyways? Unless you had to choose between an older system like PS2 or Gamecube I guess. Mm, well that's just me (and probably a lot of other people as well).
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @NTM:   Because the control scheme is perfectly suited for point and click adventure games.. and dare I say it..  is actually better than the awful mouse/keyboard approach they've implemented in their last few games, which has just been plain uncomfortable.  (WASD to move around, hold SHIFT to run and using the mouse to inspect the environment.  Guaranteed to give you terrible cramps within minutes of play.  And no, you cannot customise them)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.