Anybody know when this is coming?

#1 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

I've been looking around and all I can find is a general "February 2011" date for this second part. Is there any solid date? I need my BTTF episode 2 fix!

#2 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

Usually They don't give the release date until a week before its coming out.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@wasteguru said:
" Usually They don't give the release date until a week before its coming out. "
Hmm. Well, alright. I guess that means it's still more than a week out. :(
#4 Posted by ch3burashka (5238 posts) -

Nope. 

On a related note,  just saw BttF for the first time. It's pretty awesome - got the second and third all lined up in my Netflix Queue. Also, Marty's teenage mom was hella hot.

#5 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:

" Nope.  On a related note,  just saw BttF for the first time. It's pretty awesome - got the second and third all lined up in my Netflix Queue.  "

YOU'RE CRAZY! 

Also, Marty's teenage mom was hella hot.    

Hell yeah she was. 

I don't think parts two and three are quite on the same level, but they're still fun movies.
#6 Posted by Vonocourt (2164 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
"
I don't think parts two and three are quite on the same level, but they're still fun movies. "
I enjoy the second one, even if the save-the-world scenario isn't as satisfying as the first's more personal story. The third...woof. As a kid I found it boring, and now it's just kind of goofy.
#7 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

No but I can tell you when I am.

#8 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:
"Nope.  On a related note,  just saw BttF for the first time. It's pretty awesome - got the second and third all lined up in my Netflix Queue. Also, Marty's teenage mom was hella hot. "

You just saw what for the first time? How...? Wh... what...? Wait... I have to just sit down for a second. Oh. I am already sitting. I need to just figure out how anyone that isn't five years old hasn't seen Back to the future already. I'll be back in a week with my calculations.
#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@fwylo said:
" No but I can tell you when I am. "
Hey-ohhhh! 

@danimal_furry said:
" @CH3BURASHKA said:
"Nope.  On a related note,  just saw BttF for the first time. It's pretty awesome - got the second and third all lined up in my Netflix Queue. Also, Marty's teenage mom was hella hot. "
... I'll be back in a week with my calculations. "
You're being generous. I'll say it takes you at least a month to figure that one out.
#10 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @fwylo said:
" No but I can tell you when I am. "
Hey-ohhhh! 

@danimal_furry said:
" @CH3BURASHKA said:
... I'll be back in a week with my calculations. "
You're being generous. I'll say it takes you at least a month to figure that one out. "

Hahaha! You are right. But for the sake of me showing I am not an actual idiot, I assume CH3BURASHKA is from a country where watching Back to the Future is not a required activity.
#11 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  The 2nd Episode was coming out 2 months after the first, so sometime in February.  March and April for 3 and 4, and "undisclosed" for the last episode.  Hopefully May, maybe June.
#12 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @JJWeatherman:  The 2nd Episode was coming out 2 months after the first, so sometime in February.  March and April for 3 and 4, and "undisclosed" for the last episode.  Hopefully May, maybe June. "
OK. I thought it was supposed to be only a month, so I was getting antsy.
#13 Edited by demontium (4710 posts) -
#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
#15 Posted by Daveyo520 (6992 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: Should be sometime this month. I hope it is soon, i need to play it. Yay owning all the games before they come out.
#16 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3713 posts) -

I hope it's coming soon, I've already payed for it!

#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:

" @JJWeatherman: Should be sometime this month. I hope it is soon, i need to play it. Yay owning all the games before they come out. "

Tuesday bro-montana! (as demontium mentioned)
#18 Posted by Daveyo520 (6992 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: Nice. I will enjoy it mucho.
#19 Posted by Rayeth (1070 posts) -

I gotta Get Tannen!  I am hoping to hear someone yell, "McFlyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" today, assuming Steam cooperates with me.

#20 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@Rayeth: Ah, yes. Today is the day! I've never done this type of thing over Steam before. Will episode 2 just randomly start downloading? I've heard things about games coming a bit later to Steam than say TellTale's site. I hope that's not the case.
#21 Posted by Rayeth (1070 posts) -

I haven't worked with these episodic titles over Steam either.   I'm guessing it will just start downloading when you log in.  That's how everything else I've ever bought on Steam works. 

And it is usually true that Steam is often a bit behind publisher's sites, sadly.  

#22 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Rayeth: Ah, yes. Today is the day! I've never done this type of thing over Steam before. Will episode 2 just randomly start downloading? I've heard things about games coming a bit later to Steam than say TellTale's site. I hope that's not the case. "
Well, all I can say is Telltale-time and Valve-time are cousins. You can interpret that any way you like...
#23 Posted by shadyspace (455 posts) -

So this isn't on Steam yet?

#24 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

Ep 2 is available on steam right now. 

#25 Posted by Ezekeilpurger (322 posts) -

i played it for about 30 minutes today and its already crazy. :]

#26 Posted by Aishan (1022 posts) -

I just played through this today.  Even better than the first episode, getting a lot of Back to the Future II vibes with the direction of the story. I just wish the puzzles were a little bit harder. 

Looking forward to see where they're going for the next 3 episodes now. The 'Citizen Brown' teaser at the end makes me wish it were March already.

#27 Posted by DonutFever (3536 posts) -
@nicklott said:
" Ep 2 is available on steam right now.  "
I saw the icon change, but I can't find the new episode anywhere. It just showed what the year, month, day, then froze and showed me the "Next Time On..." bit. I just replayed Episode 1, in case my save was messed up, and it still doesn't work. Do I download something else?
#28 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -
@DonutFever: That's weird. In your list of Steam games, Episode 2's entry should have updated to be ready to install. Try shutting down steam and starting it again. You should see the new episode ready to download. 
#29 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Man I'm usually the champion of games being easy + accessible but I just breezed through this faster than the first ep. Also I don't think I got any notifications that the game was ready to install.

#30 Posted by BlinkinCard41 (25 posts) -

Anyone know when it's coming out on the PS3?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.