No recent wiki edits to this page.
Backyard Baseball 2001 broke ground by being the first game in the loved series to feature real major league players. A cartoon style of gameplay and easy learning curve made this game accessible for all ages.
All 30 Major League Baseball teams are available for use. There is also a selection of the classic backyard baseball teams such as the Watermelon Heads, and the Wombats. Customizable team colors were available for the custom teams.
30 MLB players were playable in this game, all in the animation form of kids. Some of them being
Backyard Baseball 2001 did not stop at MLB players. They also included the 30 fictional players we all know and love.
1. Jocinda Smith
2. Ronny Dobbs
3. Mario Luna
4. Achmed Khan
5. Tony Delvecchio
6. Dimitri Petrovich
7. Gretchen Hasselhoff
8. Lueane Lui
9. Kimmy Eckman
10. Ricky Johnson
11. Annie Frazier
12. Mikey Thomas
13. Lisa Crocket
14. Amir Khan
15. Sally Dobbs
16. Pete Wheeler
17. Dante Robinson
18. Vicki Kawaguchi
19. Reese Worthington
20. Kenny Kawaguchi
21. Stephanie Morgan
22. Sidney Weber
23. Ashely Weber
24. Angela Delvecchio
25. Marky Dubois
26. Pablo Sanchez
27. Billy Jean Blackwood
28. Jorge Garcia
29. Ernie Steele
30. Kiesha Phillips
Create a Player
|This game featured Create a Player feature, letting you decide the|
- Right or Left handed
- Stats of player
Single Game- Able to select your difficulty level, team, and players. You pick in a dodgeball type format, back and forth.
Season Mode- Play a full 14 game season. Pick your team and whatever players you want. Also pick your home-field and difficulty level.
Online Play- The first backyard game to feature online play. Played on a closed network provided by Humongous Entertainment.
Batting Practice- Robotic pitching machine Mr. Clankey throws you fastballs, slow balls, and curve-balls. You hit them all around the field.
During the game you are rewarding batting power-ups and pitching power-ups. To get a batting power-up you need to make a double, or triple play. To get a pitching power-up you need to get a strikeout with you pitcher.
- Big Freeze- Right when the ball gets above the strikezone, it freezes into an iceball, throwing off the batters timing.
- Corkscrew- Does a circular spiral across to the plate. Hard to control.
- Crazyball- As the name suggests it goes in all different directions.
- Elevator- A pitch that on the way to the plate rides the ground, but once it reaches the plate it quickly rises to the strikezone.
- Fireball- An extremely fast thrown pitch.
- Slo-mo Ball- An extremely slow thrown pitch.
- ZigZag- Does movements up and down or side to side.
- Extra Juice- Refreshes pitches stamina.
- Aluminum Power- Your wood bat changes to an aluminum bat. Gives your batter unbelievable power.
- Crazy Bunt- A bunt that goes in all different directions. The only way it can be stopped is if a player touches it, or if it hits the fence.
- Screaming Line Drive- A lighting fast line drive that screams while in the air.
- Undergrounder- A ball hit straight into the ground, often resulting in a ground role double.