The Backyard Baseball 2001 wiki last edited by SpongeBat1 on 06/22/14 01:44PM
View full history
Backyard Baseball 2001 broke ground by being the first game in the beloved series to feature major league baseball players. A streamlined batting and pitching system combined with an easy learning curve made this game accessible for all ages.
All 30 Major League Baseball teams are available for use. There is also a selection of the classic backyard baseball teams such as the Watermelon Heads, and the Wombats. Customizable team colors and nicknames are available for the custom teams.
30 MLB players were playable in this game, all in the animation form of kids. Some of them being
Included alongside the 30 MLB players were the original 30 characters whom were all included in the first installment of Backyard Baseball.
- Jocinda Smith
- Ronny Dobbs
- Mario Luna
- Achmed Khan
- Tony Delvecchio
- Dimitri Petrovich
- Gretchen Hasselhoff
- Lueane Lui
- Kimmy Eckman
- Ricky Johnson
- Annie Frazier
- Mikey Thomas
- Lisa Crocket
- Amir Khan
- Sally Dobbs
- Pete Wheeler
- Dante Robinson
- Vicki Kawaguchi
- Reese Worthington
- Kenny Kawaguchi
- Stephanie Morgan
- Sidney Weber
- Ashely Weber
- Angela Delvecchio
- Marky Dubois
- Pablo Sanchez
- Billy Jean Blackwood
- Jorge Garcia
- Ernie Steele
- 30. Kiesha Phillips
Create a Player
This game featured Create a Player feature, letting you decide the
- Right or Left handed
- Stats of player
Single Game Able to select your difficulty level, team, and players. You pick in a dodgeball type format, back and forth.
Season Mode Play a full 14 game season. Pick your team and whatever players you want. Also pick your home-field and difficulty level.
Online Play The first backyard game to feature online play. Played on a closed network provided by Humongous Entertainment.
Batting Practice Robotic pitching machine Mr. Clankey throws you fastballs, slow balls, and curve-balls. You hit them all around the field.
During the game you are rewarded both batting power-ups and pitching power-ups. To get a batting power-up you need to make a double or triple play. To get a pitching power-up you must get a strikeout with you pitcher.
- Big Freeze- Right when the ball gets above the strikezone, it freezes into an iceball, throwing off the batters timing.
- Corkscrew- Does a circular spiral across to the plate. Hard to control.
- Crazyball- As the name suggests it goes in all different directions.
- Elevator- A pitch that on the way to the plate rides the ground, but once it reaches the plate it quickly rises to the strikezone.
- Fireball- An extremely fast thrown pitch.
- Slo-mo Ball- An extremely slow thrown pitch.
- ZigZag- Does movements up and down or side to side.
- Extra Juice- Refreshes pitches stamina.
- Aluminum Power- Your wood bat changes to an aluminum bat. Gives your batter unbelievable power.
- Crazy Bunt- A bunt that goes in all different directions. The only way it can be stopped is if a player touches it, or if it hits the fence.
- Screaming Line Drive- A lighting fast line drive that screams while in the air.
- Undergrounder- A ball hit straight into the ground, often resulting in a ground role double.