Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Dec 02, 2001

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is an Action RPG adventure set in Dungeons and Dragons' Forgotten Realms universe.

Would You Love A Next-Gen Sequel?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kush

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is one of my favorite games from the last-gen (and possibly of all time). The game looked beautiful at the time and it was the perfect game for playing with friends and being a loot whore. I thought that maybe Too Human would be able to fill the void of loot-whoring, dungeon crawling fans like myself, but sadly it ended up just being "ok". If there was a BG: DA3 coming out on PS3/360 I would go absolutely cannoli crazy for it!

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By danielkempster

Dark Alliance is one of the countless games sitting on my shelf that I haven't played yet. As a result, I can't express any desire for a sequel, but this thread has reminded me to check it out.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kush
    dankempster said:
    "Dark Alliance is one of the countless games sitting on my shelf that I haven't played yet. As a result, I can't express any desire for a sequel, but this thread has reminded me to check it out."
    You own it and have still never played it? ...You need to get on that right now. I think the game holds up rather well too.
    tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By tec3297

Eh...the game wasn't that great...if you wanna great game with Baldur in it....go play Too Human lol

theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By theshadow027

I've only played the GBA version, is there much difference in the 2?

Either way I loved the GBA version and I'm currently on my 5'th or 6'th playthrough.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kush
    theshadow027 said:
    "I've only played the GBA version, is there much difference in the 2?

Either way I loved the GBA version and I'm currently on my 5'th or 6'th playthrough."
    Nice bumpage :P ...I never played the GBA version, but I would assume they are pretty different seeing at the PS2 is a bit more powerful than the GBA.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_

Know what? I have Dark Alliance 1 and 2, and I like them a lot. Even the story, although that might be my nostalgia goggles. I played through them with my really good buddy, and we had a great time exploring and killing and all that crap. I'd definitely buy a next-gen version.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush

It's not the nostalgia goggles. The games were both great, but the sequel wasn't as good as it could have been. I would even take a PSP port with online play.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_

I just remember liking the side-plots and depth a lot. It was quite a while ago when I played it :-S

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

DA games were pretty alright.  They weren't the PC games, but they were still super fun games.  I'd be down for something, especially given how weak hack 'n' slash presence has been on the consoles this generation...and don't try to include that PS3 Untold Legends game.  *ugh*  HORRIBLE!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kush
    jakob187 said:
    "DA games were pretty alright.  They weren't the PC games, but they were still super fun games.  I'd be down for something, especially given how weak hack 'n' slash presence has been on the consoles this generation...and don't try to include that PS3 Untold Legends game.  *ugh*  HORRIBLE!"
    Exactly...there has been no decent hack n' slash game on any system this generation and it's driving me nuts. I want one so bad and Too Human didn't deliver at all.
    Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Bartiemus

Hell yes I loved that game co-op on ps2 was awesome

stephantmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stephantmr

I love Dark Alliance. One of my favorite games of all time. The sequel was great too, I thought it did a great job of bringing back old characters (Karne,the evil lizard dude), and the finale was pretty epic.

I really want a third game, it would make my year if it were announced.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush

I am actually pretty happy that the bumpage has shown that there are fellow BG: DA lovers on Giantbomb!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I liked it alot, and they planned on making a sequel, as you can see at the end of it. Online co-op between 4 people would be friggin awesome.

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Galv

This game was awesome! I remember playing it with my cousin a fighting over who got chests and yelling at each other. It was hilarious. We actually just played through it for like the 5th time a couple of weeks ago. I would shit myself from excitement if the made a 3rd one.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By JJOR64

I've never played the game but heard great things about it.  If they made one for 360/PS3 I would buy it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kush
    JJOR64 said:
    "I've never played the game but heard great things about it.  If they made one for 360/PS3 I would buy it."
    You would buy a third game in the franchise?...having never even played the previous two. That sounds a bit like something a crazy person would do, but I'll approve since this series is pretty damn fantastic.
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cloneslayer

It was a fun game, I think it could have done with some more polish cuz there was some janky stuff but it was defiantly a fum game to play. I would play a DA3 if it came out. Too bad black isle isn't in business anymore :(

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By End_Boss

Hell fucking yeah I'd buy a Dark Alliance sequel. I played the shit out of the ol' XBOX version.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By c1337us
    Kush said:
    "dankempster said:
    "Dark Alliance is one of the countless games sitting on my shelf that I haven't played yet. As a result, I can't express any desire for a sequel, but this thread has reminded me to check it out."
    You own it and have still never played it? ...You need to get on that right now. I think the game holds up rather well too."
    Agreed Kush, you should be checking this game out ASAP dankempster.

I really loved the original Dark Alliance and I would love to see another one come out. There has been a couple of games along the same lines that came out after it that failed to capture what Dark Alliance achieved including its own sequel.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's like Diablo for consoles, should be pretty good still, and there's not much like it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PureRok
    Al3xand3r said:
    "It's like Diablo for consoles, should be pretty good still, and there's not much like it."
    Except Diablo came out on consoles... so... yea.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, it's like it, but a gen after that, whatever :P

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scuse me for a second, do people really still call the 360/PS3 next gen consoles? :/ Why? Also, why didn't I notice that before?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Al3xand3r

Just goes to show how effective the buzz word marketing was. They did so good they'll have to make up a new term for the next gen otherwise people will be indifferent. And they've already used all the good ones like "True HD" and stuff!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Red

My two brothers played and loved Dark Alliance 1, and me and my older brother played and loved Dark Alliance 2. I'd love an online sequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Al3xand3r said:
    "Just goes to show how effective the buzz word marketing was. They did so good they'll have to make up a new term for the next gen otherwise people will be indifferent. And they've already used all the good ones like "True HD" and stuff!"

It'll be kind of like saying a game has "Awesome 3D graphics!".
    shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shrig32

This would be awesome! Perhaps a psp version, though. I'd like one with good graphics in my pocket. ;p

CallMeRotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CallMeRotten

Granted the hack and slash genre isn't known for ground breaking and refreshing gameplay, I love the games regardless and wish there were more to choose from. I really liked Dark Alliance, Dark Alliance II, and the Champions of Norrath games. There have been some really craptacular games though, Dark Kingdom being the worst I've ever played. What I played of Titan's Quest wasn't bad, I wish Iron Lore made a console version before going kaput though. All we have to look forward to is Diablo III which looks awesome, but I still want more games!

Short answer: Yes!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By pweidman

Yeah, I'd certainly play a new BG.  I liked the BG:DA xbox version, but I really loved TH, and I hope SK spends their resources on the planned trilogy instead....but that is all in limbo I spose....sadly for me.  BTW, Sacred 2 is really pretty good on the 360, for all those loot whoring rpg addicts out there,lol.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Meowayne
    The game looked beautiful at the time and it was the perfect game for playing with friends and being a loot whore.

Sounds like Kush needs some Monster Hunter 3.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By trophyhunter

to  have it be called dragon age

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By flaminghobo

I never played them too much but I thought they were pretty fun in the short periods I had playing them, the PC RPGs were far superiour though.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By Tordah

I've always wanted to play the Dark Alliance games but they seem to be quite hard to come by these days. Not to mention horribly overpriced once they do pop on online auctions. I'm gonna keep looking for them though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.