Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baldur's Gate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 21, 1998

Bioware's first RPG, you must assemble a party of adventurers and investigate the mystery of the iron crisis and a darker threat that looms in the city of Baldur's Gate.

New to the game

Kteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey duder's. After years of getting sidetracked, I have finally bought Balder's Gate 1 & 2 from GoG and I was wondering if there are any mods that I should get that would make these a better play experience. I have been told to get the "Balder's Gate Trilogy" mod by some friends because it updates the original and makes it into one big game, which sounds awesome. Is there anything else I need to get or should I just play it how it was meant to be played?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I haven't played either since they came out so take this with a grain of salt; I wouldn't mod them too much, I remember them being pretty much perfect. The only mod I'd consider is the one that ports the 1st game's story to the second game's engine.

Jesna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The only mod I would recommend is BGTutu, which places the first game in the second game's engine. You may want to wander around for a bit in BG1 unmodded for comparisons sake, but BG2 is much less punishing to early level characters and would probably be preferable to a first time player.

Kteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@discoviking: Thanks for the advice. They are all downloading now, I cant wait!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.