3 stars 3/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 8 releases and 0 DLC

Baldur's Gate 0

Around a decade ago when I was with my Uncle he showed me a game that would change my life forever.  Literally.  A game that is still my favourite game of all time, and I highly doubt anything would shake it from that position, and thus it was, Baldur's Gate.  Okay it isn't a perfect game, and it has an awful lot of problems that I could quite happily beat out of it with a stick, but it's the sheer addictiveness and storyline dragged me in, tied me up, turned the light off and left the light in ...

Important, but too tedious, flawed and archaic 0

Baldur's Gate is an important game in the history of PC RPGs, but is too tedious, flawed and archaic to wholeheartedly enjoy with a modern gamer's sensibilities and expectations.   The 1998 title by Bioware uses a Dungeons & Dragons rule set, which will feel opaque and unnecessarily dense to the uninitiated. In fact, I grew up playing the 16-color "gold box" D&D games by SSI of the late 1980s and early 1990s -- count me among the initiated -- and still felt the D&D elements of Baldur...