So is it Namco Bandai, Bandai Namco, or both?

#1 Posted by JayEH (512 posts) -

The wiki page lists the company as Namco Bandai but during loading screens or wherever it says"Bandai Namco". Is this just a styling thing? Am I supposed to read the bottom first when looking at their logo?

I know its a dumb, trivial thing but I just always wondered.

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

I believe it's Bandai Namco in Japan and Namco Bandai everywhere else. Yeah, it's stupid.

#3 Posted by JayEH (512 posts) -

@jjor64: thanks. that's what I was thinking when searching through google. It seems there japanese website is Bandai Namco.

#4 Posted by mosespippy (3735 posts) -

Yep it's Bandai Namco in Japan and Namco Bandai everywhere else. Turns out that when they merged Bandai had a stronger brand in Japan so they got top billing there, while Namco had a stronger brand in the west so they got top billing everywhere else.

#5 Posted by AltonBrown (923 posts) -

Bancai Namdo

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11260 posts) -

You're forgetting Namcot :P

#7 Posted by Xeiphyer (5589 posts) -

Bamco.

#8 Posted by Wikitoups (711 posts) -
#9 Posted by GaspoweR (2509 posts) -

Bando Namcai

#10 Posted by OldGuy (1431 posts) -

Banco suivi!

#11 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4475 posts) -

Bamco

#12 Posted by Nentisys (881 posts) -

Blamco

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.