Underrated?

#1 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Do you think that Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge is underrated?  I don't think it gets the credit it deserves for successfully bringing the Banjo-Kazooie formula to a portable platform.

#2 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

I just put this on my gamefly queue.  All the talk about XBLA getting Banjo exclusively is bumming me out ( I don't have a 360).  The GBA seems like the only system I can play Banjo games on (don't have an N64 either).

I've only played the original Banjo Kazooie, and that was like 10 years ago, is this one really pretty good?  I'm looking forward to it.
#3 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Didn't know it existed. I love the ones on the N64, and am gonna get Nuts and Bolts and the original when it comes on marketplace. If I knew it existed, I would have got it. Was it as good as the others? If so I may look for it.

#4 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Perhaps...

#5 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

So now that Nuts and Bolts is out, does anyone think that this games formula could also be brought to like the Nintendo DS, or do you think that it is too much for the tiny handheld to handle.

#6 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
Thomas said:
"So now that Nuts and Bolts is out, does anyone think that this games formula could also be brought to like the Nintendo DS, or do you think that it is too much for the tiny handheld to handle."
I think its probably too much for it to handle, at least on that scale. A watered down version, maybe... But then, it would be just that: a watered down version. =S
#7 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Well, they did bring Viva Pinata to the DS, so I'm thinking that it may be possible....

#8 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

Oh yeah! I totally forgot this game existed (just like I forgot every other game Rare put out on the GBA that was not named Donkey Kong Country). Well, from what people I know personally have said, it is basically a shortened and watered down version of the N64 Banjo games.

#9 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

I had it and it SUCKED. Sorry, it just didn't draw me in.

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

I love Banjo-Kazooie, as I've said before. I played this game to completion on a road trip when I was like 14, and even then, I knew that this game suuuuucked.

#11 Posted by joey (987 posts) -

I thought this game was alright. I can't say that it sucked. But it wasn't amazing.

#12 Posted by BitterAlmond (400 posts) -

I played it when it first came out. Not sure how well it's aged, but it was pretty awesome back then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.