Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

A Belated Plea For Beleaguered Banjo

• 130 results
    fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By fourby

I rented this game and enjoyed every second of it. In fact, I've been planning to the store and buy it for about a week now.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By DrRandle

That game really is incredible, I honestly need to stop forgetting about it. :/ It's just so massive that it's an easy game to put down and come back too, then play it for a small marathon session because I forgot how brilliant it was.

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

if its not on steam I dont want it

Avatar image for chocobo_blitzer
    Chocobo_Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Chocobo_Blitzer

I loved the first two games back in the N64 days, but I was really disappointed by this game. It isn't even the gameplay that I object to, it's the way they presented it. All the worlds were sterile and lifeless, they just acted as challenge rooms. There were no characters living in them, no collectibles to find,  puzzles to mess with, nothing. If they had meshed the challenges with more interesting worlds to explore I might have cared, but all the worlds are just these bizzare voids. Hell, you'd think the vehicle concept would have encouraged exploration, but there's nothing to explore. 

I'll admit creating stuff was a really wonderful concept, and it was cute when it paid off, but the format was so rigid it just took the fun out of it for me.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By FlipperDesert

You have no excuse for not buying this game. Go. Game shop. Now.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By Rowr
    @Zabant said:
    " @Rowr: you didnt have to click on the link, read the article, then proceed to comment on the article if you didnt want to read about it. it said "BANJO NUTS AND BOLTS" in the header. Jackass. "
    Its on GB im obliged to read it. Sorry im just a little tired of the "We think this game is sooo good, everyone else should."

Well sorry i didnt.
    Anviltongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By Anviltongue

Gah! I just added it to my Gamefly que, Brad. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!  ARE YOU?!

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108  Edited By mrsmiley

One of the best games of 2008. It's the game that forced me to play the two original N64 titles that came out on XBL. Those games are amazing, but nothing beats the hours I spent tinkering in the garage!

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Hammerjelly

I asked for and got this for Xmas last year. Mostly based on all the hype it was getting here at GB. To date I've probably only played it for about 5 hours. It just never clicked for me. Maybe I'll give it another spin.

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By AvD

I'm with you Brad, I thoroughly enjoyed N&B.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#111  Edited By Bartman3010

For some reason, I kind of wish there was a bigger focus on multiplayer, because I think that would be where the strength in the game really lies.

I kind of wish they'd port it to the PC, that way I can play on Live without having to pay for any service.

Er, anyway. I honestly see this is a successor to Diddy Kong Racing moreso than the next Banjo game. Why? Because of the emphasis of using vehicles in an open world setting, but you get more objectives than just racing. So why is this game being hated on so much? If you dont feel like building vehicles, the game has plenty of preset ones you can utilize that can do the job just fine. I made a vehicle myself that was used for multiple purposes, and that got me through a good chunk of the game. 

Seriously, people. If you liked Diddy Kong Racing, this really is THE true sequel. Not Diddy Kong/Banjo Pilot. Not Mario Kart Wii. This is the game that takes the kart racing genre for one player (and adding in the ability to create your own vehicles) and made something different. 

Maybe it just feels a bit slower in terms of progression? I dont know. People just need to accept the fact that its not the next Banjo platformer...although if they do make another one, perhaps they can utilize player creativity as a new means of exploration and puzzle solving.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#112  Edited By clubsandwich

I was just playing this game yesterday! :D very cute game. n.n

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113  Edited By Peanut

I bought it for $20 and liked it enough, but my main problem is that it was Banjo Kazooie, and not some other property. The entire time I could think of nothing but how much I wanted a traditional 3D platforming collect-a-thon. There hasn't been a good, or even decent one, in a long long time. 

twhalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By twhalen
    @Peanut said:
    " I bought it for $20 and liked it enough, but my main problem is that it was Banjo Kazooie, and not some other property. The entire time I could think of nothing but how much I wanted a traditional 3D platforming collect-a-thon. There hasn't been a good, or even decent one, in a long long time.  "
    Me too. I was a huge Banjo fan back in the day, and went crazy when a new Banjo-Kazooie game was announced. But what I wanted was an evolution of the gameplay I loved so much back in the N64 era, and so never loved the vehicle/platformer style this game had. Thanks to its soundtrack and all the characters returning, it was a great nostalgia trip, but man what I would've done for a traditional platformer.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Rowr

Only 70 dollars on Australian XBLA games on demand!

twelve1784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By twelve1784

I bought this game in early 2009 when it was bundled with a wireless controller and Viva Pinata: TIP.  I encourage everyone I know to buy it but honestly most of them don't like to think, they just like to do.  It doesn't help that the first three hours or so go by excruciatingly slow and don't appropriately give the player a glimpse of how crazy and deep the game gets later on.

Nuts and Bolts is one of my favorite games that I have played in 2009 and having played both it and Viva Pinata I will slap anyone who says Rare doesn't know how to make good fun games anymore.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ShadowKing7

Considering I don't have a 360, I can't try this game out.  That sucks, too, as I'm a big fan of the two games on the N64 and would at least wanna check out the vehicle stuff in this one, even though I am partial to the platformer style. 
    Avatar image for princess_isabela
    Princess_Isabela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is a Masterpiece, one if not the most important games we got this generation. 
    You really must buy it, there is no other option, 
    a dirty shame Brad haven't fought hard enough to convince others bombcasters that this is the truly deserving game of 2008. 
    Now all the bombcasters - go and play Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie - they're both on XBLA, absolute pinnacle of gaming you'll ever have a chance to play. 

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By Tuggah

Just bought it after this reminder by Brad.

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By Zaapp1

Loved it when it first came out, just bought it on XBL.

escapenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By escapenguin

I almost forgot I need to pick this up.  Thanks for the reminder, Brad.  At first I actually didn't like it because I expected it to be a continuation of the series.  Then, it clicked, and I played the demo for hours.  This game is a work of art, and you can just feel that thousands of hours went into creating it.  If all developers put out games of this quality I'd never get any rest.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#122  Edited By Faint

if this hadnt been a xbox360 exclusive i would have played this :(

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#123  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Nuts & Bolts is an amazing game. It's absolutely fantastic. It deserves every bit of praise it gets. And more people should buy it and play it.

robatw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By robatw

I just bought the game via Ebay - due to Brads incredible persistence.

It was 13€ inclusive shipping. That's a nobrainer, i guess.

ax3m4hn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By ax3m4hn

this game had so much potential but what really frustrated me to no end was the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE physics. seriously, theres no recovering from hitting a tree, you spin out like its nobodys buisness
    garc4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By garc4475

terrible game GLAD it sold like shit.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#127  Edited By StarFoxA

Love this game. I got 1250/1250G in it as well.

Generiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Generiko
    Best game of the generation

So nice

C_C
    ouenwoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ouenwoof

Quite an old article, but I just recently started playing this game and I absolutely adore it. I almost glazed right over it like everyone else did, but I started watching the currently ongoing "Let's Play" of the game currently in progress on the SomethingAwful forums, and bought it at the first chance I got. Many thanks to Brad for really trying to get the word out about how fantastic this game is!

durden77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By durden77

Had it since day one, mainly cause I've been a Banjo fan forever. I just put it in yesterday, and every time I do I'm kind of amazed it's as underrated as it is.  

While there's no denying how much I love the originals, I love this game on it's own merits. Plus they nailed the style that gave those games a unique presence.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.