Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

Anybody up to Logbox 720 - Act 4?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jayge_

I just got up to it and I have to say it's gotta be the hardest act I've played so far. I spent over 30 minutes trying to complete this race against Humba (lol at her "Hag Trolls" all girl gamer "no gimmicks" clan) and I just had to give up. Then I tried taking the dry sponge up to the bath of gloop and I couldn't even get that shit in the air before having it fall out of my hovercraft.

It's a really fun level for driving; but for flying, it's an absolute nightmare. I think I'll go play the other stuff I have unlocked (which is quite a bit) but haven't done yet and wait for parts and stuff that would help me.

Also as an aside- anyone who hasn't been to Klungo's Arcade needs to (especially after unlocking at least 3 or 4 levels of it). It's fun as hell and addicting. And challenging.

This game + free Banjo XBLA is the steal of the fucking year.

r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t
    This game + free Banjo XBLA is the steal of the fucking year.

Amen dude! I'm loving every second of this game!
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I would love in all of Rare's sequels went this road.
    For example, Perfect Dark 3 (or 2?  what would it be called?)  should come with Perfect Dark on the XBLA 2 weeks before the game itself comes out. And $40?  maybe rare? pwees!?

Judging from the game itself, I think they've basically announced KI3.  They made jokes about other games, but I think they're serious about KI.
    I'd rather a new platformer in honesty though. 

And as much as I love the new banjo, I wouldn't mind there being 2 Banjo franchises, a traditional one and a vehicle one.  

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I CAN HELP

First off, you must kill Humba. Kill her dead.

Equip grenades and bring that bitch down.

SECOND

Don't bring the ball up to the goop.

Get a spraying item, and when you run out use a combination of balloons/wings/propellers to get more.

Kraylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Kraylor

Use the wrench and tear the sponge down. Drop it into the copter and  bring it to a glubber waterfall. You're not getting a top time, but getting the T.T. Trophy is enough for me.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush
    Jayge said:
    "This game + free Banjo XBLA is the steal of the fucking year."
    There is no statement truer than this one!
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_

Yeah, I've subsequently got the time trial for the sponge (which was incredibly easy), but the Humba flying thing was way too annoying to bother with. I just got the jiggie and dropped it. I've long since passed this thing now XD

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

I put a large engine in the back of one of the Humba blueprint planes and beat her on my second go. Just try and take the shortest route to everything and ignore the arrows. That's pretty much how i've won every race as there always seems to be a section where the game tells you to go round an object when it's quick to go the other way and make a quick turn.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kmdrkul
    Jayge said:
     Then I tried taking the dry sponge up to the bath of gloop and I couldn't even get that shit in the air before having it fall out of my hovercraft.

I spent a good 45 minutes devising a vehicle to get the damn thing up there.  Very fun nonetheless...
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Seems I'm not the only one having a blast with this game. Actually, if I recall correctly, I beat Humba fairly easy, but my parts are pretty advanced for where I'm at, I think. You can actually reach many of the Mumbo crates before I think you're actually supposed to be able to. Like... for instance, jump on your trolley, them jump on the Banjo dummy's head to get to higher places. Also, you can scale most things sticking out of walls, if you find a good path you can usually get to some otherwise unreachable rooftops and such. And dude, once you get the added component of a spring to your trolley, all places are reachable unless they're blocked by one of those red forcefields.
    Speaking of that sponge mission.... Wow, I had no chance with that thing. That's gonna take some work for me to pull off. Really, I think it's all just a matter of making a vehicle to hoist it up there, but man... it's rough using helicopters in that level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.