Banjo-Kazooie N&B Club!

• 94 results
#51 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@jakob187: Ya, I guess I understand your anger then. It really is a fantastic and unique game that many people looked past on. Also it was discounted right out of the gate. I think I would be more pissed then if I wanted to get into the multiplayer, I was mostly busy getting parts and jiggies at the time.
#52 Edited by TooWalrus (13240 posts) -
#53 Posted by RedRocketWestie (381 posts) -
@jakob187: I remember hearing Giant Bomb singing this game's praises and putting it on my "long list of games to eventually play" all the way back in 2008. I got the Platinum Hits edition over the holidays last year and loved it, but it DID take me that long. I guess what I'm saying is, I can sympathize with people who put it on the back burner, "meaning to" get it for a while. TNT just served as a convenient catalyst.
#54 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2191 posts) -

I'm in.

GT: The Puny Taco
#55 Posted by ProfessorEss (7451 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" I've been a Jiggillionaire! for like 2 years now, so I've pretty much moved on. "
Every couple months I think about popping Nuts and Bolts back in to work on that.
#56 Posted by TooWalrus (13240 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" I don't know, man. I still need to finish the game. I wanted to 100% it, but that won't be an easy feat. "
It's actually pretty easy- there's only one trophy that's incredibly difficult to get- and luckily to get every jiggy, you need to get all of the trophy except for one.
#57 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

absolutley, I wish I was there for the TNT I love nuts and bolts.

#58 Posted by Potter9156 (943 posts) -

Just about to buy it on Games On Demand but it says "multiplayer: none". Typo?

#59 Posted by Little_Socrates (5684 posts) -

I'd love to join you, but I don't actually have the game yet.

Message me either on GB or on XBL when you plan the first night. My GT is LittleSocrates1.
#60 Posted by DarthNusair (43 posts) -
@BirdkeeperDan:   Great idea.  I set up a Twitter account: 
http://twitter.com/banjosbuddies
I have also followed everyone who has shown interest in doing this and added all gamertags posted here.  I'm going to try to get a game going on Sunday night if anyone is interested.
#61 Edited by Little_Socrates (5684 posts) -
@DarthNusair: Not gonna personally be available Sunday. Ordered the game on Amazon, though, will probably be here late next week or early the week afterward.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently Amazon was out of stock because everyone's been buying the game since TNT. XD
#62 Posted by whistlebottom (194 posts) -

@DarthNusair

Sounds good. I'll be around for the evening Sunday.

#63 Posted by ProfessorEss (7451 posts) -

I'll see if I can be around, tho my nights are often pretty busy.

...I'd really like to try in infect some people.

#64 Edited by Tanstaafl (25 posts) -

I just got my copy, I'll try getting online saturday and sunday night around 10pm pst.

Oh,  DarthNusair, not sure if i posted it or not but my gamertag is Tanstaafl69.

#65 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

I've signed up for the twitter. To anyone who's serious about wanting to play I'd recommend signing up as well.

Also next time we should set a time. I guess we could use Pacific Standard Time, but it would be pretty funny if we went with Swatch Internet Time as a Bombcast reference.
#66 Edited by DarthNusair (43 posts) -
@BirdkeeperDan:
Swatch Internet Time is seriously a great idea!  I really don't know when I'll be available on Sunday, but maybe we could set future times to Swatch @.beats

Here is a link that I'm going to bookmark so I know what time it is in Swatch time:   
http://www.swatch.com/us_en/internettime/itime_converter.html
This link has the current time, as well as converters to @.beats and from @.beats

If you guys know when you are going to be available you could reply to the twitter message to let other people know.  This is my first time using Twitter, so I'm still trying to figure it out.
#67 Edited by Enigma777 (6081 posts) -

I just got this game along with Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise. My GT is the same as my name here, so send me an invite if you want to play/trade together. 

#68 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

@DarthNusair: 
Hopefully this won't confuse people. It's pretty simple.

If you must convert to old time just take the beat divide by 1000 then multiply by 24. The resulting number will be the hour in switzerland and you would need to adjust time zones.

Ex) @234 ---converts to--> 0.234*24 = 5.616 ---which means----> about 5:30am in Switzerland.

But the idea is to not have to convert. You'll eventually know roughly when the times are and then should use a swatch clock for the exact time. Otherwise it's easier to stick with old time.

I'm Eastern Standard time and trying to get a match going but it's no better than it was when I was finishing of the achievements for this game. Hopefully swatch internet time will help with coordination.

#69 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Always put off buying this game but I knew I was going to own it sooner or later. While I can't commit I just want to say its cool that your doing this. I totally brought the platinum version just for the giantbomb exclusive best 360 exclusive endorsement.

#70 Edited by Tanstaafl (25 posts) -
@BirdkeeperDan:

While I love the gb reference and think its not a bad system it is more confusing :P what i mean to say is.. I'm confused.. ;-)

It'll already be hard enough getting people together for these game nights we dont need to throw another wrench in the works.

If you all don't mind let's just use PST I think thats less confusing. For anyone not sure about their timezone http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/index.htm is a handy page to check. Or for anyone who wants help converting from one timezone to another without having to do the math themselves http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Unless you guys all really really want swatch internet time, I'm willing to learn if i have to, although I still think more people know their timezones then swatch time.

Also, I'm going to look for a game in about an hour and a half from now (10:00pst)
#71 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

@Tanstaafl:
It's not a big deal to do both. My preference is for Swatch as I'm always for the future and leaving the past behind.

Also I was thinking we could post info about the twitter on Rare's website and other big gaming websites (hopefully they have Banjo websites). There seemed to be a lot of interest here at giantbomb but not many have signed up for the twitter so I think it might be hard to get this thing rolling.

#72 Edited by Tanstaafl (25 posts) -
@BirdkeeperDan:

Good point, doing both is easy and will be a good way to learn the new system at the same time.
I have to admit I havn't signed up for the twitter account because I hate twitter but for nuts & bolts I'll consider making an exception just this once :P

Anything we can do to get people playing this forgotten gem a little more is a good thing but we should perhaps get it organised first so people don't show up, see no game nights, then get discouraged.
#73 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

@Tanstaafl:

Yeah I'd say we should have a time and at least 4 players that can be there before it's posted everywhere. And hopefully some more people are interested in helping.

Haven't had much luck with matches but gonna try once more tonight.

#74 Posted by whistlebottom (194 posts) -

Never had a twitter account myself, but I signed up finally.

Two questions for you all:
1) Per DarthNusair's idea, it would be great if we could tweet when we were available to play for everybody else to know, but what would be  the best way to do so? I know "@" and "#" are somehow used on the tweets, but is one preferable to the other?

2) On an off-topic, does GB use a twitter to broadcast when they're accepting friend requests for TNT? Or is there some scheduled time that I'm not aware of?

Thanks, Looking forward to many penis cars.

#75 Posted by BasketSnake (1241 posts) -

After some time I've decided - you may send me a friend request. I want to try this online too. I had the game since launch and I've finished the single player and I remember there being no games online at the time....I create a lot in LBP and I think the editor in this game is funny as hell. The mechs on youtube are unbelievable.

#76 Posted by ch3burashka (5126 posts) -
@B0nd07 said:
" @rlschaefe87@gmail.com said:
" @Slaker117: My username is Digitalistic.

Recently, whenever I log in, it displays my email instead. No clue why.
"
Contact Dave ( snide) or send an email to support@whiskeymedia.com.  It's happened to quite a few people since they implemented the multi-pass. "
I thought it was people who literally could not think of a username, or 6 year old kids who thought that that was what they should do. So glad that people are smarter than I give them credit for.
#77 Posted by Driadon (3001 posts) -

Soo...is it done for the day? I only got the time to check now, around 5ish Mountain Standard.

#78 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

*sigh*
Don't get annoyed at me, but...
The more I watch from it, the more I wish it was a platformer.

#79 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

I have a party going and we are doing public matches to pick up new players. Anyone who wants to play some Nuts & Bolts just go online and search for a public match with the "Any playlist" option.
#80 Posted by Tanstaafl (25 posts) -

I had a great time playing with you guys tonight, i'm in again anytime.
#81 Edited by DarthNusair (43 posts) -

Last night's games were a lot of fun.  Thanks to BirdkeeperDan and Whisltebottom for knowing a lot about the multiplayer and putting together some good matches.  We also shared a lot of cool blueprints.

I'm going to be playing again on Wednesday at 7:00pm PDT  (@625 for Swatch time).  If anyone wants to play, the easiest thing to do would be to add me to your friends list and I'll invite you if you are playing Banjo Kazooie.  Searching for matches might not be good as we spent a lot of time just messing around in the test track sharing blueprints. 

GT: Darth Nusair

I'll send out another tweet when I'm in multiplayer, it will show up on my Giant Bomb account as well.  I'll also try to post it to this board when we get started.

#82 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

@DarthNusair:
Yeah it was a good time. I'm took a few photos for promo images but can't get them off banjo-kazooie.com as the site is crashing.

I believe it would be @125. That converter you posted requires you to use a 24-hour clock.

#83 Posted by ThePickle (4186 posts) -

Add me to the list: CountlessSalmon

Will be picking this game up very soon.
#84 Posted by whistlebottom (194 posts) -

One thing that I really enjoyed about the multi-player lobby was that you could go into Mumbo's Motors and build things from there. It was especially  useful when there were only a few of us on there and we just wanted to screw around.

I'll certainly pop in for a bit Wednesday, hope to see some new faces.

#85 Posted by JJWeatherman (14560 posts) -

This thread seems popular. Count me in... if I can remember.  :/

#86 Posted by firewrkninja (228 posts) -

i'm in as soon as i get gold xbox live again. that will be within the next week i think

#87 Posted by DarthNusair (43 posts) -
@BirdkeeperDan:
Thanks for catching that, I thought I had changed it before posting it but I guess I forgot to.
#88 Posted by Mahonay (829 posts) -

I just recently purchased this game from Amazon.  Up until this point I had never played it besides the demo which at first seemed kind of whatever.  When Giantbomb did the TNT for this game I could immediately see what I had missed out on.  I've played about 2 1/2 hours of the single player thus far and holy crap this game is a ton of fun.  I'm glad I'm catching up on it now, this game is a gem and it's great that it's getting some posthumous love thanks to this site.  I'd love to get to play with some of you folks sometime.

#89 Posted by DarthNusair (43 posts) -

I'm getting on right now to play, but I won't be able to play for long today.  I'll invite anyone that I see online, but I'll have to leave the party in a few minutes.

#90 Posted by HayFourZee (362 posts) -

im in GT:Hay Four Zee

#91 Posted by DarthNusair (43 posts) -

I'm having trouble connecting with people and people are having trouble connecting with me.  I'll try to see if I can figure out what the problem is and maybe we could try again this weekend.  Sorry it didn't work out, but thanks for trying.

#92 Edited by whistlebottom (194 posts) -

Planing to be online this evening around 7pm Pacific Time- hope to see you gentlemen there.

GT: whistlebottom

#93 Posted by Jackel2072 (2269 posts) -

Im in! 

tag: The Jackel2072
#94 Posted by DarthNusair (43 posts) -

I'm still having network problems and I can't really play anything online.  There is some problem with the internet tubes in my area that they say should be fixed soon,  I think it was a broken pipe that leaked internet into the ground, so they have to clean that up too.  Hopefully I'll be able to join in on some Banjo action soon, until then I hope you guys can put some games together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.