Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

Banjo N&B intro = Best intro ever!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I've played a bit of N&Bs so far, great game, but not what I want to talk about.

The actual intro of the game is so freaking awesome.

SPOILER: (dont look int his post anymore, nothing besides an intro spoiler!!!!!

Summary:  Banjo and Kazooie are fat playing and xbox with a n64 tossed in the background, they say Ghoulies sucked (basically), they reference "that italian guy", and they make fun of banjo being a collectathon. 
    So epic. 

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SpinCookie

post the video plz

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

And yes, that is the voice from the guy who voices Fable.  (rare and lionhead are both in england afterall)
    VP reference as well
    toast_burner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By toast_burner

the music on the radio is also the music from conker

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Unreal_dro

nice

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sionweeks
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "I've played a bit of N&Bs so far, great game, but not what I want to talk about.

Summary:  Banjo and Kazooie are fat playing and xbox with a n64 tossed in the background, they say Ghoulies sucked (basically), they reference "that italian guy", and they make fun of banjo being a collectathon. 
    So epic. "
    How is that awesome?  Rare making one of the greatest games of all time with a sequel that was even BETTER for a Nintendo system, then making an intro that takes the piss out of Nintendo, basically telling them to fuck off, is awesome?  Graphics = Awesome, but I just feel dirty playing this game. I ALMOST hate Rare for this.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

It's funny that you should say that. In all seriousness, I think the original Banjo-Kazooie has the greatest game intro ever. I have yet to watch Nuts and Bolts' intro, but I imagine I'll be doing that within the next couple days.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Tylea002

"And yes, that is the voice from the guy who voices Fable.  (rare and lionhead are both in england afterall)"

Just because 2 things are in England, doesn't mean that they will be exactly the same. I must facepalm in response to your ignorance.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I actually wish they had stayed fat. That could have been the reason they don't have their old powers back.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_
    sionweeks said:
    "How is that awesome?  Rare making one of the greatest games of all time with a sequel that was even BETTER for a Nintendo system, then making an intro that takes the piss out of Nintendo, basically telling them to fuck off, is awesome?  Graphics = Awesome, but I just feel dirty playing this game. I ALMOST hate Rare for this."
    Baaaaaaw. They weren't making fun of Nintendo. They were making fun of themselves.
    sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By sionweeks
    Jayge said:
    "sionweeks said:
    "How is that awesome?  Rare making one of the greatest games of all time with a sequel that was even BETTER for a Nintendo system, then making an intro that takes the piss out of Nintendo, basically telling them to fuck off, is awesome?  Graphics = Awesome, but I just feel dirty playing this game. I ALMOST hate Rare for this."
    Baaaaaaw. They weren't making fun of Nintendo. They were making fun of themselves."
    Seriously? You think that they're making fun of themselves? Somewhat, yes, but ultimately, no.  They take the piss out of Nintendo all the time, ever since they were bought by Microsoft.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "And yes, that is the voice from the guy who voices Fable.  (rare and lionhead are both in england afterall)
    By "the guy who voices fable" do you mean stephen fry, the guy who voices Reaver in fable II? I've got the game, and I watched the opening, and I don't remember hearing him in it. Although he's been in so many games recently I've got used to hearing him in games, I could have missed it. He was the narrator in LBP too. I would watch it again to hear, but my uncle's watching the TV and my internet connection is running super slow today and the youtube vid won't load.
    EDIT: Just checked it. It is Stephen fry. Cool. Stephen fry is a pretty famous actor/comedian here in the UK. It's cool to hear his voice in games.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jayge_
    sionweeks said:
    "Jayge said:
    "sionweeks said:
    Baaaaaaw. They weren't making fun of Nintendo. They were making fun of themselves."
    Seriously? You think that they're making fun of themselves? Somewhat, yes, but ultimately, no.  They take the piss out of Nintendo all the time, ever since they were bought by Microsoft."
    Yes, they were ultimately making fun of themselves, as they have been throughout my entire 16 hours of playtime. They also make fun of Microsoft, all kinds of different genres, the Frag Dolls clan, jocks, nerds, indie developers, and all manner of other facets of gaming culture. They were not focused on Nintendo, and have not been.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    sionweeks said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "I've played a bit of N&Bs so far, great game, but not what I want to talk about.

So epic. "
    How is that awesome?  Rare making one of the greatest games of all time with a sequel that was even BETTER for a Nintendo system, then making an intro that takes the piss out of Nintendo, basically telling them to fuck off, is awesome?  Graphics = Awesome, but I just feel dirty playing this game. I ALMOST hate Rare for this."

No, actually Nuts and bolts is better. You obviously havent played N&Bs.  I doubt you've even played the first 2 to be honest

And they take a "piss" on everyone.  They call banjo a collectathon, they call ghoulies absolute crap, and they say Viva Pinata is boring. 
    Other things I've noticed so far:  They make fun of different groups (ranging from jocks to the frag dolls), they have MANY innuendos, etc.

Why are you such a Rare hater?  In case you haven't been paying attention, Banjo 3 fucking rocks, Vp was great as was Kameo (but too short!).  PDZ should have been better imo. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.