Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

Demo!

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Babble

Just wanted to let you folks know that a demo was just released up on Xbox Live. Downloading now!

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

After you play it, can you post your impressions on the game plz?

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KingBroly

My only problem is with the controls.  And that's a pretty big problem.  Oh, and the idea of your wheels being able to fall off at the drop of a hat.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    KingBroly said:
    "My only problem is with the controls.  And that's a pretty big problem."
    can you elaborate?
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Babble

From the ten minutes I played the first driving stuff does feel a bit floaty, but as I played it got more natural. I think the driving just starts out a little weird. I will post more when I play some more.

EDIT: Also this is based on using the most basic parts given to you at the start of the game, as you get better parts (such as wheels for traction) I would assume the driving mechanics get better. But as I said they just took a little getting used to right of the bat.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KingBroly
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "KingBroly said:
    "My only problem is with the controls.  And that's a pretty big problem."
    can you elaborate?"
    They're extremely loose.  You can be going straight, no movement of the analog stick whatsoever, and spin out while going over the smallest hump perfectly.
    10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 10MP

i put about 2 hours into the game and im dissapointed. the graphics are great yea but the first and only world in the demo consisted of 4 mini games which were 3races, and a defence. if there is some other things to do besides walk on a few ropes and pick objects up then please enlighten me because i looked for over an hour.

the actual building of vehicles is hard if you're 5 and i found really no depth to it at all. the actual handling of the driving sections is fine however but it's not exactly fun either.

6/10 and i was really looking forward to this as a banjo fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Tarsier said:
    "Wow, I was really excited for this game but after playing the demo for 2 minutes I am definitely NOT going to be buying it, or renting it.
    I have a very large TV and the text is too small to read. No option to change it either. Garbage.
    "
    If that's the case, it's probably one of those Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed HD-text situations, which is kind of a bummer. 

I remember playing Dead Rising on my old twenty-seven inch television.  Absolutely terrible when I received a call from Otis.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Emilio
    Tarsier said:
    "Wow, I was really excited for this game but after playing the demo for 2 minutes I am definitely NOT going to be buying it, or renting it.
    I have a very large TV and the text is too small to read. No option to change it either. Garbage.
    "
    Wait, what? You have a very large TV, yet the text is too small? Maybe you meant you have a very SMALL TV and the text is too small.

Well I'm enjoying the demo. If you're not getting it because of text... well... that's kinda dumb.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emilio said:
    "Tarsier said:
    "
    Wait, what? You have a very large TV, yet the text is too small? Maybe you meant you have a very SMALL TV and the text is too small.

Well I'm enjoying the demo. If you're not getting it because of text... well... that's kinda dumb."
    No dude, some games have text formatted for High Definition televisions.  Dead Rising is a notorious case.  It can be an annoying distraction.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Emilio
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Emilio said:
    "Tarsier said:
    "

Well I'm enjoying the demo. If you're not getting it because of text... well... that's kinda dumb."
    No dude, some games have text formatted for High Definition televisions.  Dead Rising is a notorious case.  It can be an annoying distraction."
    Yeah, I know about Dead Rising, but this game's text isn't that small. How can you have a large TV and the text be too small? Mine is 32" and the text looks fine.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Pibo47
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "After you play it, can you post your impressions on the game plz?"
    Dude, if you get a 360. You might want to check this game out, really the only reason i like it because i loved the original Banjo. But to be fair the game is really really good. Monkeys.
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Babble

I think you folks also have to remember the demo is only showing levels very early on, obviously things start out very simply. Levels and building will be basic in a demo that only shows the start of the game.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Riddler

awesome game. the graphics are amazing vivid and smooth colors. the on foot platforming is solid, love the vehicle customization. 

reserving this today so i can get Banjo HD as well.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Emilio

Yeah, the graphics keep reminding me of Mario Galaxy.... except more higher poly and alot more shiny stuff. Great lighting too.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Jayge_

I really liked the building, I liked exploring the town, I don't like the actual gameplay too much. I don't understand if it's the controls or the physics engine or the fact that my car sucking makes things difficult, but the demo had me wrestling with the controls the entire time. I enjoyed myself a lot, but I hope that gets better as the game goes on. For instance, defending that Frog-ship's eyes? Fucking hard as hell. Driving up and down and aiming on that thing is a huge challenge in itself, not to mention destroying a bunch of midget balls rolling around. The other missions weren't much better; I have a feeling some more tires would make things better, and I hope that's the case. I enjoyed customizing my vehicle (a lot) and changing its look around to suit me. I had the Racer looking like a bad-ass car with extra engines, ammo, the egg gun, etc. and it was just plain fun to make and drive your creations. The characters are annoying as hell though. That stupid witch bitch didn't shut up for 20 seconds without making some absolutely idiotic remark or limerick up about me that had nothing to do with the game itself. The fact that the text is indeed tiny even on an HDTV, and that there are no voice actors so you have to *read* all the text (something I wouldn't mind if it scrolled faster and wasn't badly formatted) are definitely flaws. I'm still buying this, but only for the promise of vehicle customization and much better worlds (the first one was pretty bad). That, and the free arcade game.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Willy105

I want this game, but the small text is bad.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By JJGIANT

awesome downloading it first thing tomorow gonna make some CRAZY VEEEEEEEEEEICLES

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By mugugipan

its horrible, oh my god its horrible. my hope of having a great xbox 360 platformer is shattered. jumping off bridge now. bye!!!

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Babble
    Babble said:
    "I think you folks also have to remember the demo is only showing levels very early on, obviously things start out very simply. Levels and building will be basic in a demo that only shows the start of the game."
    ^^ Quoted for emphasis.

I did think the text was a tad small. But not like with Dead Rising if you did not have an HDTV. (That was terrible)
    whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By whackmypinata

Having never played Dead Rising, this text is ridiculous. I have a SDTV of good quality, but I can't read anything. Completely makes me lose my incentive to buy this game.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RetroIce4

I will check it out... and find the God Damn Stop N Swop! NAO!

Avatar image for ice_cold_rayman
    Ice_Cold_Rayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ice_Cold_Rayman

I really want this to be good. I have no chance of checking out the demo before next week though. Here's hoping it was worth it to reserve this game.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kratos81

With all the great games out, and coming out this is one of the last on my list. Looked gay from the start, then again I was never a Banjo fan.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Considering I've already preordered it, I'm not sure if I should play the demo.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I tried it, and while it's not the "LBP" for the Xbox (Some people have been saying that around here) it's definitely a solid title which will satisfy most Banjo fans. The best thing about this game are the graphics. They are beautiful.

I just wish that Rare made what the fans really want- a whole new platforming Banjo game. The vehicles stray too far from the original formula, in my opinion.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Emilio

Man, a couple buddies and me just spent a few hours messing around in the multiplayer building stupid vehicles.
    We had the Long Car, the fast bike, submarine, jet fighter, helicopters, rocket ship, fast boat, pirate ship, tanks, and I also made a guitar car. :P

Can't wait to get the full game and unlock more parts.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sdodd02

Man...I wish my xbox didn't die on me... I really want to play this.

Kralle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kralle

I cant read anything. I wanted the game but the text is too small :(

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422

Don't really think of much of at all, but I may give it a rent when it comes out just to make the absolute most retarded vehicles possible because its kinda funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.