My Pre-Order gift was pretty much stolen...

#1 Posted by r3b3lr0b0t (460 posts) -

I picked up my pre-order from Game Crazy last week and was like "Uuuh what about the pre-order gift? You know the original Banjo game code?

Well the guy is like "Oh I guess they didn't send us any man. Sorry about that. Check back in with us next week."

So I call tonight and this guy named Kyle picks up and I ask about the Banjo Pre-Order gifts coming in  yet.

Well Kyle is all like "Nope we didn't get anymore. We got a batch in a couple of weeks ago and usually the employees take one so I guess we just ran out. Keep checking back in with us."

Pretty fuckin' lame... They hassle you to pre-order shit in there every time you step foot in their store, but then they steal your pre-order bonus... 
#2 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

That sucks man

#3 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

Yeah, I've noticed the guys at Gamestop and other stores are idiots in regards to these things. I always have to ask for my guarunteed gift. They probably would still have boxes of LBP codes and Mirror's Edge bags were it not for my prodding.

#4 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Bummer, man. :( You should try something like Amazon because there's no prick employee to steal your bonus or give it away to his friends.

#5 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Yeah, I've always received my bonus when going through Amazon. Fuck dealing with brick and mortar douchebags.

#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Well, just keep trying, man. I didn't get my code from Gamestop, so I had to call them yesterday and they emailed it to me. I just downloaded it now, not to rub it in or anything. The guy said to keep trying, so there's still hope.

#7 Posted by tuesdaythe5th (44 posts) -

Another great reason to not shop there.

Buy your game online. Amazon had it for 4 bucks cheaper. My code came via email worked perfect. TheGTAvaccine said:

"Yeah, I've always received my bonus when going through Amazon. Fuck dealing with brick and mortar douchebags."
Dude is totally right. Brick and Morter stores are done!
#8 Posted by Pseudo_Sidious (30 posts) -

Same thing happened to me. I was ticked. I got my money back and went and bought the game elsewhere.

#9 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Pre-ordering is a vessel for cheating the consumer. If you can avoid it, avoid it.

#10 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

Yeah I never got my Valkyria Chronicles Art book, I better get my Prince of Persia shit you jerks.

#11 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

That's why it's always better to pre-order through Amazon...they may still have their issues, but you'll always get the product in the end. Plus you can't go wrong with free shipping and no tax!

#12 Posted by TheWesman (378 posts) -

I got cheated on mine too.  They told me there were 6 preorders but they only got 3 preorder codes in.  This is unbelievable.  I wouldn't even have reserved this game if it weren't for the free $15 game.

#13 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

damn i'm grateful that the guys at my local gamestop arent such douches

#14 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
SpinCookie said:
"Yeah I never got my Valkyria Chronicles Art book, I better get my Prince of Persia shit you jerks."
Shit comes with the PoP game?

#15 Posted by Charleslegrand (186 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"SpinCookie said:
"Yeah I never got my Valkyria Chronicles Art book, I better get my Prince of Persia shit you jerks."
Shit comes with the PoP game?

"
I'm pretty sure if you preordered, you automatically got the special edition without paying extra.
#16 Posted by Bear (247 posts) -

Makes me appreciate a store like Best Buy a lot more. The employees have to stand in line like everyone else to get boxing day deals.

#17 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -

Well, then obviously you should stop giving them your business.

#18 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Wow, that's stupid.  Maybe try calling customer support, I've had to do that to get most of my preorder bonus things.  You give some number off the receipt and then they will email you the code in 48 hours or something if all goes well.  My EB Games rarely has any codes.  That's dumb that employees take them...

#19 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

No one pre ordered nuts n' bolts in Canada so it's very possible to walk into an EB and get a code without pre ordering.

#20 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

I couldn't even count all the hats, keychains, RE4 lithographs, beta codes, and everything else that I've gotten over the years WITHOUT pre-ordering games.  I have buddies that work at a lot of the gaming stores in town, and they just toss me shit from time to time.  Usually, it's about 2-3 weeks after the game has released and most of the pre-orders have already been picked up.

Nonetheless, with something like getting A GAME as a pre-order gift, yeah...that's a pretty shitty setup, man.  I would say that you need to go down there in person and get in the dood's face about it.  That's what I'd do, and I would either be leaving with a code in my hand or a damn guarantee that when I come in the next day, it'll be in my hand.

Don't believe me?  I'm go to your store and fucking do it for you.  = D
#21 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

I pre-ordered Prince of Persia LE, and when I went to pick it up the guy gave me the regular edition. I said this is the wrong version and he's like nope, that is the Limited Edition, and I as like no it isn't the one with the Gauntlet on the cover is the LE, and he kept arguing that that cover wasn't the LE but was exclusive to the 360. So I said whatever, and left. The next morning my friend told me that they had recieved the LE POP at EB so I went slammed my regular edition on the table and just looked at the guy. He didn't say anything, he just took out the REAL LE and gave it to me without even punching it into the computer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.