Playing Banjo close to two years after it's release

#1 Posted by Brians (1465 posts) -

This game is kind of hard to get into, I get that it was a design choice to just be text rather than voiced. But starting up the game it took me a couple of hours to actually figure out how to unlock areas and drive the vehicle. I guess I like this game but I just feel like it is a little hard to get into and would be easier for me to get into with a more in depth tutorial. Bottom line neat game steep learning curve when you first start.

#2 Posted by infamous021 (122 posts) -

Playing Banjo games on the N64 years after their Release

.........I miss the original banjo games. :(
#3 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I never found the learning curve to be too intimidating, but I guess it did take me a little time to learn how to make decent vehicles. Though, at the same time, the parts you start with are pretty lame, so as they get better, so do your vehicles.

#4 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2295 posts) -

I can never design the perfect vehicles in that game, they are either fast but uncontrollable or controllable but too slow that I can't win any of the races. Bit of a hit and miss with Nuts and Bolts, you either like it or you don't.
#5 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

This game is sitting on my shelf basically untouched. I really need to play it, but that goes for a lot games I have in my possession.

#6 Posted by buwchbach (311 posts) -

I really, really love that game and I got every T.T. Trophy apart from the one from the UFO mission, but I feel like I can never go back to it. 
Also some of the T.T. Trophy requirements are insane and are REALLY infuriating, it's horrible.

#7 Edited by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I finished Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts last week. Overall I am glad it was ridiculously cheap where I bought it, at one tenth of the full price. Banjo Kazooie is a cute franchize and I played the N64 games on XBLA, but Nuts and Bolts is just so boring. Some of the races were fun, but the game doesn't have enough variation to make the 20-25 hours you'll spend on it not feel like a waste of time. I do however like the whole "we know it's a game and so do you, so let's make the game aware that it's a game" idea.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

It is hard to get into the game, but once you get the swing of things, it's a blast.

#9 Posted by Sadisticham (278 posts) -

The only trouble i had was the music. It's never happened before but the music annoyed the hell out of me in that game to the point where i had to mute it whenever i played.

#10 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1791 posts) -

I played it, but never finished. I liked building at first. I even built a few crazy vehicles that had nothing to do with any of the challenges just cause. But the game constantly requires you to keep building to cater to new trials. I lost interest, because of all the trial and error building. I really can't go back and finish after all this time.

#11 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -
@buwchbach said:
" I really, really love that game and I got every T.T. Trophy apart from the one from the UFO mission, but I feel like I can never go back to it. Also some of the T.T. Trophy requirements are insane and are REALLY infuriating, it's horrible. "
F the UFO mission, oh my god. It's incredibly frustrating. Took me like 4-5 tries just to get the jiggy and I immediately just said "screw the T.T.".
#12 Posted by buwchbach (311 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  It took me about 7 times to get the Jiggy and then I spent the better part of a morning trying to get the Trophy with the mentality of "I wont let the game win." 
Unfortunately it did win.
#13 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -
@buwchbach said:
" @JJWeatherman:  It took me about 7 times to get the Jiggy and then I spent the better part of a morning trying to get the Trophy with the mentality of "I wont let the game win." Unfortunately it did win. "
That's rough. You should come back to it sometime and try again. I always find that when I get super stuck and frustrated, I can often beat those parts after taking a break. It's probably been a while by now though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.