Ridiculous Deal of the Moment: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

• 77 results
Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -
ACT NOW OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY
I'm not normally the kind to clip coupons and stay up on deals, but even a dolt like me can respond when something like this is staring me in the face.

Amazon is selling Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts for the criminally low price of $25.99, which is down from the regular price of $39.99... which is already a stupid good deal. I seriously don't understand why Microsoft wouldn't charge full price for Nuts & Bolts, but perhaps I should just shut up about that before I give them any stupid ideas. If they want to make games cheaper, who am I to complain?

There's probably a very dark side to all this, of course. Nuts & Bolts is still a pretty new release, and it's strange that it would get cut so soon. I have to imagine that means it's not moving very many copies. Around here, we sort of can't stop talking about it. But since it isn't all dark and brooding like all the big sellers are, I guess I'm not completely surprised that it isn't catching on as well as it should.

You've probably already heard us endorse the game to death on the podcast, so I'll refrain from getting all touchy-feely on you and instead say YO YOU SHOULD BUY THAT.
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -
ACT NOW OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY
I'm not normally the kind to clip coupons and stay up on deals, but even a dolt like me can respond when something like this is staring me in the face.

Amazon is selling Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts for the criminally low price of $25.99, which is down from the regular price of $39.99... which is already a stupid good deal. I seriously don't understand why Microsoft wouldn't charge full price for Nuts & Bolts, but perhaps I should just shut up about that before I give them any stupid ideas. If they want to make games cheaper, who am I to complain?

There's probably a very dark side to all this, of course. Nuts & Bolts is still a pretty new release, and it's strange that it would get cut so soon. I have to imagine that means it's not moving very many copies. Around here, we sort of can't stop talking about it. But since it isn't all dark and brooding like all the big sellers are, I guess I'm not completely surprised that it isn't catching on as well as it should.

You've probably already heard us endorse the game to death on the podcast, so I'll refrain from getting all touchy-feely on you and instead say YO YOU SHOULD BUY THAT.
Staff
#2 Posted by Aaron_G (1610 posts) -

I will go buy it now.

#3 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

I really hope this does well. Maybe they would realize how well a new Slalom game would sell.

#4 Posted by JackiJinx (3087 posts) -

WILL DO!

#5 Posted by Terra1909 (312 posts) -

This only at Amazon? Any news on Best Buy or other retail stores?

#6 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

I had already posted this in the X360 forums now more people will get the deal yay!

#7 Posted by Landmine (524 posts) -

Got it, that's one hell of a deal.

#8 Posted by Artimisticus (49 posts) -

Bought...

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18882 posts) -

Dang, I guess now is the time to buy it.

#10 Posted by AspiringAndy (332 posts) -

Done, been playing the demo for weeks :D

#11 Edited by Sephiroth9997 (265 posts) -

I'm buying it for you Jeff!  I don't even own a 360.

#12 Posted by Bboboo (81 posts) -

Bought, thanks Jeff!

#13 Posted by GHT (164 posts) -

I thought that game was really unfun.

#14 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

i really didn't like this game. and then i downloaded the original Banjo game and i loved that.

#15 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

"Cannot Ship to Your Destination"

*Looks woefully into the distance* Someday, Canada will get respect from da' webz.

#16 Posted by deaux (233 posts) -

Aaaand bought!  Thanks for the tip.
That's totally crazy.

#17 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

If you don't buy Banjo Kazooie, a Pinata loses its delicious.
Think about it.

#18 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Man, Banjo is worth 60 bucks, but 26? Disgusting.

#19 Posted by GIVEMEREPLAY (821 posts) -

I saw this played. It looked janky. My friend who is a die hard BK fan (is that an acronym for this game?) and who defended it before he even touched it was sorely disappointed. What's up GB guys? You're really into this game and not too many other places/people seem to be.

#20 Edited by deaux (233 posts) -

Maybe Amazon is anticipating a Platinum Hits release.  I picked up Viva Pinata in the weird box for $20 after the platinum version was out.

#21 Posted by dtran1212 (299 posts) -

sorry, don't have an xbox360

#22 Posted by 007remix (3 posts) -

i'm getting it now.

#23 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

boooo, I only got the 5$ discount in Canada

#24 Posted by dvdwalker8 (359 posts) -

Thanks for letting me know. I have Amazon Prime so it's an even better deal for me. Should have it by next Monday for the low price of 25.99.

#25 Posted by TaintedSun (154 posts) -

I want you, but I have no money.

#26 Posted by MattOnTheSite (96 posts) -

I like how you've put a Whiskey Media referral in the link there.
It's OK, I got one through you. You're welcome.

#27 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -
GHT said:
"I thought that game was really unfun."
Clearly you have no soul.
#28 Posted by Kman (77 posts) -
#29 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

I can't stop talking about it either. I've already beaten the thing and I keep getting back to it just to see what kind of weird stuff I can put together. I really hope it didn't sell THAT bad. I mean, it just came out and it's already the most overlooked game of the year. Hardly anyone is talking about it, and the ones who do have some criticism that doesn't make sense, i.e., this is no Banjo game.

I don't usually feel bad for giant mega corporations but the people that worked on this game....hard not to feel bad for them if bad sales are the case.

#30 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

NO 360

#31 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
Media_Master said:
"NO 360"

Still worth it....
#32 Posted by Abomstar (137 posts) -

Even though I really wanted to play the original Banjo-Kazooie finally on XBL, and N&B too, it slipped my mind somehow and I missed out on the preorder deal. I figured it was a steal at the price of "$0 with the purchase of another great game", and after that I've felt all weird and couldn't bring myself to spend $15 just for the original, because "DAMN IT, I COULD'VE GOTTEN IT FOR FREE." Then, "whatever, I'll just go back to playing Rock Band 2 for 13 hours a day like I normally do" followed, as it does with most potential game purchases nowadays.

This is the ultimate second chance; I'll take that as a sign that I really need to play these.

#33 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

I had no interest in this game, but if Giant Bomb suggests it and it's only $25, I'm all over it. Just now purchased it.

Also, I wouldn't read much into the price. Amazon had Dead Space going for $20 or $30 about ten days ago.

#34 Posted by chughes737 (168 posts) -

BOUGHT!!!

#35 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

On your recommendations alone I bought it

#36 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I played the demo, no thanks.

#37 Posted by sdauz (430 posts) -

microsoft should have marketed it better, charged full price, but really marketed it well....both problems solved lol....i know its not that easy

#38 Posted by xanavi (178 posts) -

haha! I already ordered this on the Canadian amazon store! Along with Valkyria Chronicles which is also for sale! Get that shit while it's hot, folks!

#39 Posted by Kazona (3058 posts) -

If they didn't sell it for full price here, I'd most likely buy it. But since it is full price, and there's so many other games for me to still catch up on, it's simply gonna have to go to the back of the line.

#40 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

It's one of the best and most addictive games I've played all year.

#41 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Still £40 in the UK. Ah!

#42 Posted by DrRandle (1202 posts) -

Yeah, you should totally buy that game. For $25.99? Dude that game has way more content than most $60 games. (I'm glaring at you, Mirror's Edge.)

#43 Posted by MasterTom (76 posts) -

Dang! Just when I thought getting Banjo on presale was a good thing!!
Well... it's an awesome game... would recommend it to (practically) everyone!

#44 Edited by LeBart (302 posts) -

Costs 3 times that in europe... Is this game region free ?

EDIT : play-asia answered... it's not.
#45 Edited by DrX25 (1473 posts) -

This deal sounds great and all but my local EB games is still giving out the pre-order bonus (Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA) with copies of the game and the clerk at the store told me on monday (December 8) that I was the first to buy the game without pre-ordering it.

#46 Posted by JackSukeru (5897 posts) -

I'd buy the hell out of that game, dont have a 360 though.

#47 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -

It's full price in Europe and has been since launch... Don't complain. I would have bought it for $40 let alone $25.... It's still $80 here.

#48 Posted by dagas (2744 posts) -

Well it is full price in many countries, I hope you are happy about that Jeff, complaining about the game being too cheap...

#49 Posted by TekZero (2659 posts) -
#50 Edited by KnifeySpoony (1163 posts) -

Jeff, I am not sure if I would jump to conclusions that it isn't selling well, but it is likely.

I bought Left 4 Dead for amazon's crazy ass deal of $20 for PC. I know that was black friday, but still.

Oh and if I didn't just spend money to build a completely new computer, I would be all over this. Maybe I still will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.