The "Get your friends to buy Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" thread

#1 Edited by sinning (5 posts) -

This is a topic to help encourage your friends to purchase Banjo Kazooie:  Nuts & Bolts, still on sale today at Amazon.com for $26.  If you have not yet joined the cause, please help us to help Rare get more people to purchase this great title!

Let's start with a brief summary of what this misunderstood game is and is not.  Add your own experiences below!

What this game IS NOT:

• This is NOT a platformer game!  The only ties this game has are it's characters and universe.

What this game IS:
  • This game allows you to build vehicles of any sort and type, with up to 200 components per vehicle.  Save and share your blueprints with friends or race them online against others.
  • This game gives you many free form missions, where it is up to you to build the most efficient vehicle for the game.
  • Vehicles can be cars, trucks, boats, hovercraft, submarines, helicopters, planes or any combination of the above.

The demo, in my opinion, is a disservice to this title.  For $26 you can get in on what's one of the most inventive games of the year.
#2 Posted by Kazona (3058 posts) -

Now for a thread that would help encourage Microsoft to lower the price of the game here to match the U.S. version....

#3 Posted by TekZero (2658 posts) -

I actually would buy the game, but considering that in the past 2 months, I bought...

Fallout 3
Endwar
Castlevania: SotN
Portal: Still alive

I can justify another video game purchase.  The game could be 5 bucks and my wife would still give me hell about getting another game.

#4 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -

I have yet to buy it but I should.

#5 Edited by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I haven't bought it yet even though I'm really interested in it.  However, I did lobby very hard for my friend to buy it, which he did.  He loved it.

Edit:  Wolverine, why are you bumping a bunch of old ass threads anyways?

#6 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

all of my friends make fun of me for playing this game. my friends are all closed-minded douchebags, sorry dude.

#7 Posted by Ben_H (3289 posts) -
TekZero said:
"The game could be 5 bucks and my wife would still give me hell about getting another game."
Divorce her.  That's how good Banjo is.
#8 Posted by DXSSI (266 posts) -

I'll give this a bump just to emphasize that BK Nuts & Bolts is awesome.  It's back up to $36.99 now, but it's well worth that price.  It's like playing with Legos, but they actually do something when you're done with them.  The BK universe tie-in is actually quite irrelevant.

#9 Posted by brundlefly (70 posts) -

I tried, I really tried. This game was just not for me.

#10 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I could just give my friends a box of LEGO and they'd have a more fun experience.

#11 Posted by DarkGamer007 (19 posts) -
DXSSI said:
"I'll give this a bump just to emphasize that BK Nuts & Bolts is awesome.  It's back up to $36.99 now, but it's well worth that price.  It's like playing with Legos, but they actually do something when you're done with them.  The BK universe tie-in is actually quite irrelevant."
True, but the game works so well, I honestly don't think I could go back to the platforming style. Nuts and Bolts was a brilliant game, its a shame Rare is going to get a lot of flak by nostalgic high fans and doubters who say "Oh its just a kiddy game."  when Nuts and Bolts is probably their best game sense the original Viva Pinata.
#12 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

I'd call this game a platformer if anything.
Like what is it?  It really doesn't fit well into any genre.  So by default I place it in what type of game it feels like, a platformer (plus there's platforming in showdown town).

It's certainly not a racing game, lulz'

#13 Posted by Ubergeist (416 posts) -

I've been wanting to play it for some time now but the list of games I'm playing right now is so big...

#14 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

I picked this game up off Amazon for $19.99 a few days ago.  Hopefully it arrives soon.

#15 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

I will play it eventually, but have to complete Resident Evil 5 first.

#16 Posted by MacGoesZoom (75 posts) -

This game is $29.99 at Gamestop.. I bought it last week and have loved every minute of it! If you haven't tried it yet be sure to!

#17 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

This game is awesome, it's a shame so many people didn't give it a chance. The demo was pretty horrid but the actual game was/is amazing.

#18 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Please don't mention this game. I ordered it from Play Asia in January.

It still hasn't arrived.
#19 Posted by MacGoesZoom (75 posts) -
Red said:
"Please don't mention this game. I ordered it from Play Asia in January.

It still hasn't arrived.
"
Ouch... I'm sorry to hear that.
#20 Posted by ryden14 (8 posts) -
@Ben_H said:
"TekZero said:
"The game could be 5 bucks and my wife would still give me hell about getting another game."
Divorce her.  That's how good Banjo is.
"

haha cookie monster that was hilarious
#21 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
I bought it for $30, and it really isn't all that... Fun to play?

There's just something unfun about how the gameplay works. It annoys me, that they would butcher the series this way.
#22 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Last month it was on sale on amazon.com for $19.99 (or maybe it was $17.99... unless that was Trouble in Paradise?). 

Anyway, that's when I bought both of these awesome games! 

#23 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

this game is amazing, definetly my bbest exclusive game on 360 and imo the current gfx king this gen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.