Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

this game sucks and is being highly overrated

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

half the time i'm playing this i feel like i have yoda on my back telling me what to do and get no rewards for doing it. 

dude so many people got offended by this. 

its a cool idea, wrapped in awesome graphics, with very well written dialogue, but the gameplay starts to blow ass after five minutes. nothing but boring missions nonsense missions and crappy vehicle control (thats the whole game btw). the missions are so lame dude. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb
    TwoOneFive said:
    "have the time i'm playing this i feel like i have yoda on my back telling me what to do and get no rewards for doing it. "
    Hmmm... because of the colour of your username I expect this not to end well.

Perhaps you could be more specific about what you don't like to further a discussion and not a flame war?
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Do you expect the xbox to spit out a cookie for you? The game is immensely fun to play, that is your reward.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

Give it a few jiggies till you get some decent parts and then, like me, you'll probably find it tolerable.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By atejas

Cool review bro.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

Maybe you should just go upload some more pictures of Solid Snake. I could rattle out 10 reasons why the Metal Gear series sucks, and those games are pretty good. Reasons buddy.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CactusWolf

I get so tired of hearing that a game is "overrated" just because one particular person doesn't like it.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Its, and its not. Its has some cool things, and as they said in the review, for the price tag, its more than a deal, but I was never a fan of Banjo. At least it retains the atmosphere, but I will just wait to see how Banjo 3 (threeie or whatever) comes out, as this is just an spin off.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Captain_Fookup

The game is nothing like the first two in the series, but the game as a whole is entertaining and engaging with the whole building of vehicles from scratch.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
    Captain_Fookup said:
    "The game is nothing like the first two in the series, but the game as a whole is entertaining and engaging with the whole building of vehicles from scratch."
    The game resembles the first two in the series more than you'd think, and that's especially visible when playing the original Arcade re-release back to back with the full game.

Overrated? Not at all. Severely underrated by most media outlets. This game is the steal of the year- more content than any two average 60-dollar games combined for only 40 bones? And one of the best games of the year to boot? Blazing.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By clubsandwich

Judging by the color of your username, I really think this won't end well...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't know the fun value for people, but I do know this game is overrated.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_
    LiquidPrince said:
    "I don't know the fun value for people, but I do know this game is overrated."
    Yes, clearly.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok

Yes, I agree. This game does suck.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#15  Edited By joey
    TwoOneFive said:
    "have the time i'm playing this i feel like i have yoda on my back telling me what to do and get no rewards for doing it. "
    No Caption Provided

uglybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uglybob

at first i found the game disappointing but once you get the hang of what "its about" then it is really fun. i thought that the whole building vehicles would prove daunting but it is fairly simple.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive
    get2sammyb said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    Hmmm... because of the colour of your username I expect this not to end well.

Perhaps you could be more specific about what you don't like to further a discussion and not a flame war?"
    i like the color blue thats why i picked it, i have a 360 elite dude, how else do you think i played this game. 
    i just think its a bunch of crappy mini games kept together by a pretty cool vehicle creation tool ala spore (another seriously crappy game) and thats lame. 
    and its so non-rewarding too. like if they gave you parts or some kind of currency for doing many of the nonsense missions like when a dude tells you just to carry something to a location for seemingly no reason, then it would be way better. just my opinion. this game doesn't even touch ratchet and clank or super mario galaxy. i can't believe people are giving 100s, 10s, and 5/5 like GB. crazy talk. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive
    TooWalrus said:
    "Maybe you should just go upload some more pictures of Solid Snake. I could rattle out 10 reasons why the Metal Gear series sucks, and those games are pretty good. Reasons buddy."
    i uploaded like one or two. that game was way better than this, but even i have to admit i overrated it the first time i played through it. but you seriously aren't comparing nuts and bolts to metal gear solid 4? or are you? lol
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead

I have to agree, kind of. At first, I hated the game, then I loved it and now i'm back to hating it. The more tricky tasks require me to spend a long while creating a vehicle only to end up using it for a challenge that takes me roughly 3 minutes. There's a nice concept hidden in the beautiful world, but it's covered in too much boring shit. N&B 2, if there is one, should hopefully fix all that and make it feel like my hard work isn't being wasted.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
    HandsomeDead said:
    "I have to agree, kind of. At first, I hated the game, then I loved it and now i'm back to hating it. The more tricky tasks require me to spend a long while creating a vehicle only to end up using it for a challenge that takes me roughly 3 minutes. There's a nice concept hidden in the beautiful world, but it's covered in too much boring shit. N&B 2, if there is one, should hopefully fix all that and make it feel like my hard work isn't being wasted."
    dude, this game is highly polished, the graphics are beautiful. the writing is awesome, very funny. but the missions blow ass. crappy races. "crarry this big balls into water!" o0o yippeee!!! pfft. 
    it sucks dude. 
    and the vehicle controls feel shitty man. and thats the whole game! 
    sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sionweeks

This game is awesome.  Like I said in a very BAD thread on my part, I feel dirty playing this, but it is so amazing.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Snail

You have an opinion, horray for you. I don't think the game sucks but I would have liked a BANJO game not this-- THING!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead
    TwoOneFive said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "I have to agree, kind of. At first, I hated the game, then I loved it and now i'm back to hating it. The more tricky tasks require me to spend a long while creating a vehicle only to end up using it for a challenge that takes me roughly 3 minutes. There's a nice concept hidden in the beautiful world, but it's covered in too much boring shit. N&B 2, if there is one, should hopefully fix all that and make it feel like my hard work isn't being wasted."
    dude, this game is highly polished, the graphics are beautiful. the writing is awesome, very funny. but the missions blow ass. crappy races. "crarry this big balls into water!" o0o yippeee!!! pfft. 
    it sucks dude. 
    and the vehicle controls feel shitty man. and thats the whole game! 
    "
    That's pretty much my point. Everything about this game is amazing, besides the game itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.