Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

Worth pre-ordering to get Banjo-Kazooie free, two weeks early?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'll be blunt with you, Nuts & Bolts looks like crap. It is terrible what they are doing to Banjo-Kazooie and I want nothing to do with it. But, I really want to play Banjo-Kazooie. I have $30 left on a Best Buy gift card, would it be worth pre-ordering Nuts & Bolts so I can get the pre-order bonus of getting a free code for Banjo-Kazooie, two weeks in advance?

Yus, no, maybe so?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

Why not just dust off the N64 and play Banjo if you really think Nuts and Bolts is going to be so awful.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't have my copy of Banjo-Kazooie, were I to try and buy one online it would cost more than $100. On top of that, even if I had it on my N64, I would much rather play it on my Xbox 360. Think about it, Banjo-Kazooie....

On the 360! Banjo-Kazooie...

With a 360 controller, my all time favorite controller! Banjo-Kazooie....

WITH ACHIEVEMENT POINTS! ACHIEVEMENT POINTS FOR PLAYING BANJO-KAZOOIE!

That's why. So is it worth it to do this pre-order? Or should I just be patient and pay the $15 for the normal release?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kush

So you're an achievement whore...I don't know how much you have to pay for a pre-order. It could be $15 so that people can't cancel their pre-order and get the game cheaper. I don't know, but you can spend your money whatever way you want.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Kush said:
    "So you're an achievement whore...I don't know how much you have to pay for a pre-order. It could be $15 so that people can't cancel their pre-order and get the game cheaper. I don't know, but you can spend your money whatever way you want."

No, I'm not an achievement whore. It is just the concept that fascinates me. To me, that's like someone saying, "hey, want to get achievement points for Legend of Zelda?" It's so strange, it's awesome.

Kush, give me your honest opinion, others should too. I don't really want the "spend your money how you want to" advice I'm asking because I want honest opinions.

Also, Kush what state do you live in? I know your icon shows only your jaw line but if I'm right, I might actually know you.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KingBroly

I think the pre-order bonus makes Nuts & Bolts purchaseable.  On XBLA, it's a 1200 point ($15) game.  Meaning that Nuts & Bolts is essentially $25 if you pre-order it and get the XBLA game code.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kush

It says where I live right in my profile...there are no secrets with me. And I can't really give my honest opinion because I think Nuts and Bolts looks good and I'm looking forward to playing it. A game that only costs $40 and comes with a free code for a $15 XBLA (that you get 2 weeks earlier) is a fantastic deal to me. I think more people should give Nuts and Bolts a chance rather than just throwing it aside as if it's garbage when they haven't even played it.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Emilio

Dude, pre-orders don't cost extra money. If you pre-order a game, you're just added to a list of people that will have a copy in reserve.
    The five dollar reserve fee is actually five dollars off your game.

If you want to make sure you'll get the bonus code, just pre-order it now. The game is 15 bucks anyway, so you'll be saving some cash.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm looking forward to Nuts & Bolts so i've give in a pre-order so I can get this bonus because I loved the first game. Though, if you're not really interested in Nuts & Bolts, you may as well not do it.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Emilio

OR, You could put 40 dollars down to buy Banjo-Kazooie AND it comes with Nuts & Bolts for free!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Kush said:
    "It says where I live right in my profile...there are no secrets with me. And I can't really give my honest opinion because I think Nuts and Bolts looks good and I'm looking forward to playing it. A game that only costs $40 and comes with a free code for a $15 XBLA (that you get 2 weeks earlier) is a fantastic deal to me. I think more people should give Nuts and Bolts a chance rather than just throwing it aside as if it's garbage when they haven't even played it."

Chicago, huh? I guess I don't know you, but you're lucky to live in Chicago... 

D:

Are you a Cubs fan? I am!

Anyway.

$40 - $30 (gift card) = $10

Nuts & Bolts = $10
    Banjo-Kazooie = $15

Pay $10, save $15, get two games.

I'm sold. I didn't realize it cost only $40, thanks for the information.

Edit: Waytaaaa minueeeeet! If the pre-order bonus let's me play Banjo-Kazooie on November 12, I won't be finished with whatever game I am getting on Oct. 21, so I don't need to get the game early. I will still save some money, but...

Eh, I'll think about it. Thanks for the help, everybody.
    Three60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Three60

I suggest you pre order it at a Gamestop style location for only $5, and then don't pick it up, so you get the original for $5 instead of 10 or 15.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Snail
    BiggerBomb said:
    "I don't have my copy of Banjo-Kazooie, were I to try and buy one online it would cost more than $100. On top of that, even if I had it on my N64, I would much rather play it on my Xbox 360. Think about it, Banjo-Kazooie....

On the 360! Banjo-Kazooie...

With a 360 controller, my all time favorite controller! Banjo-Kazooie....

WITH ACHIEVEMENT POINTS! ACHIEVEMENT POINTS FOR PLAYING BANJO-KAZOOIE!

That's why. So is it worth it to do this pre-order? Or should I just be patient and pay the $15 for the normal release?"

If you want to try it get it. Or rent it first...
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If you have no interest in nuts and bolts there is no point really. It's only 2 weeks you'll have to wait, its not like its a long time. I don't know why you would have not interest in nuts and bolts though, it looks awesome.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Three60 said:
    "I suggest you pre order it at a Gamestop style location for only $5, and then don't pick it up, so you get the original for $5 instead of 10 or 15."

I refuse to give Gamestop a dime. That will never change.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kush
    Three60 said:
    "I suggest you pre order it at a Gamestop style location for only $5, and then don't pick it up, so you get the original for $5 instead of 10 or 15."
    When there is a code like this with a pre-order it will cost more than $5 to reserve the game for that exact reason. I'm ordering mine through Amazon. No tax, free shipping...all for about $37! Can't beat that deal.

...and no, I am not a cubs fan. I am not a baseball fan. It's all about the BEARS and football for me.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Kush said:
    "Three60 said:
    When there is a code like this with a pre-order it will cost more than $5 to reserve the game for that exact reason. I'm ordering mine through Amazon. No tax, free shipping...all for about $37! Can't beat that deal.

...and no, I am not a cubs fan. I am not a baseball fan. It's all about the BEARS and football for me."

People, stop saying the "G" word in my topic.

Anyway, if I pre-order it it will be through Best Buy and nowhere else. Go Cubs.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By clubsandwich
    Emilio said:
    "OR, You could put 40 dollars down to buy Banjo-Kazooie AND it comes with Nuts & Bolts for free!"
    wait, are you serious? you get BK for free when you buy BK: N&B!? awesome!!
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BiggerBomb
    clubsandwich said:
    "Emilio said:
    "OR, You could put 40 dollars down to buy Banjo-Kazooie AND it comes with Nuts & Bolts for free!"
    wait, are you serious? you get BK for free when you buy BK: N&B!? awesome!!"

>.>
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Since I totally don't agree with you about Nuts and Bolts looking like crap, I think you should pass. It's not worth paying extra for just to get it 2 weeks in advance. I think Nuts and Bolts is going to be end up being pretty great, though. I think it seems to be shaping up quite nciely and personally I can't wait to play it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BiggerBomb
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Since I totally don't agree with you about Nuts and Bolts looking like crap, I think you should pass. It's not worth paying extra for just to get it 2 weeks in advance. I think Nuts and Bolts is going to be end up being pretty great, though. I think it seems to be shaping up quite nciely and personally I can't wait to play it."

Actually, we resolved that doing this was a more financially sound move. I would only be paying $10 for Nuts & Bolts AND Banjo-Kazooie. Rather than paying $10 just for a game that I don't want to play. I'd also get it two weeks earlier, but once again. I may not pre-order it because IK have too much going on what with academics that I would have trouble balancing any more games. The end.

LOCK. IT. UP!

Edit: Guero has an awesome icon.

/lockplz
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, but that's if you're suggesting that the $30 gift card is actually like... free money. Sure, maybe you didn't pay for it, but it can be used for other games, therefore you're still paying the full $40, just $30 of it is already paid.

Edit: Oh, and thanks. ;) Mumbo has always been one of my favorite game characters.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Gregomasta

I have 33 dollars credit at gamestop, should I add 7 more and pre-order it, or put it all on Fallout 3?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kush
    Gregomasta said:
    "I have 33 dollars credit at gamestop, should I add 7 more and pre-order it, or put it all on Fallout 3?"
    Those are two extremely different games. Whichever game interests you more, whichever game you're looking forward to the most...pick that game.
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Bennyishere

I'm in the same boat as TC. I want the XBLA title, but think Nuts and Bolts looks bad. I don't think it's worth it.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By whackmypinata
    Bennyishere said:
    "I'm in the same boat as TC. I want the XBLA title, but think Nuts and Bolts looks bad. I don't think it's worth it."
    That's why Microsoft's plan is genius. You only get the XBLA title if you PRE ORDER Nuts and Bolts, because probably most credible review sources won't be able to tell you how much the core game sucks (hypothetically). If you don't pre order it and  you want the original, you gotta lay down 15 more bucks.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kush
    whackmypinata said:
    "That's why Microsoft's plan is genius. You only get the XBLA title if you PRE ORDER Nuts and Bolts, because probably most credible review sources won't be able to tell you how much the core game sucks (hypothetically). If you don't pre order it and  you want the original, you gotta lay down 15 more bucks."
    The XBLA port of the original will be sold separately 2 weeks later as well...no one needs to buy Nuts and Bolts to get the original game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, after watching Brad's video, I think it is worth pre-ordering in its own right! 

I am completely overwhelmed by how awesome that game is shaping out to be. 

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By whackmypinata
    Kush said:
    "whackmypinata said:
    "That's why Microsoft's plan is genius. You only get the XBLA title if you PRE ORDER Nuts and Bolts, because probably most credible review sources won't be able to tell you how much the core game sucks (hypothetically). If you don't pre order it and  you want the original, you gotta lay down 15 more bucks."
    The XBLA port of the original will be sold separately 2 weeks later as well...no one needs to buy Nuts and Bolts to get the original game."
    I know. You only get it free, however, if you pre order Nuts and Bolts.
    With most games costing 65 odd dollars, seeing a 40$ value with a free original makes you inclined to get it.
    I'm sure many people who were aware of Texas Hold'em being free on the Arcade and didn't get it but still wanted it, didn't purchase it afterwards.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I just cant understand why people think N and B looks bad. I just cant see it at all.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gregomasta
    Kush said:
    "Gregomasta said:
    "I have 33 dollars credit at gamestop, should I add 7 more and pre-order it, or put it all on Fallout 3?"
    Those are two extremely different games. Whichever game interests you more, whichever game you're looking forward to the most...pick that game."
    Damn, I was hoping you'd coax me into pre-ordering banjo, but I just can't deny Fallout 3 in all its gloriousness.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kush
    Gregomasta said:
    "Damn, I was hoping you'd coax me into pre-ordering banjo, but I just can't deny Fallout 3 in all its gloriousness."
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not one to who would do that. I think you've made the right choice.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By RHCPfan24

I think you should.  First off, Nuts and Bolts looks great. And second, Banjo Kazooie was great and it will be for free.  And all of this could be yours for only $40 dollars!!!!

So, yeah, I would highly suggest it.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Vinchenzo

Never had a N64, was a kid when it came out and my Mom was/is a cheap bastard. Therefore I will reserve and play both games.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gizmo
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Kush said:
    "It says where I live right in my profile...there are no secrets with me. And I can't really give my honest opinion because I think Nuts and Bolts looks good and I'm looking forward to playing it. A game that only costs $40 and comes with a free code for a $15 XBLA (that you get 2 weeks earlier) is a fantastic deal to me. I think more people should give Nuts and Bolts a chance rather than just throwing it aside as if it's garbage when they haven't even played it."

Chicago, huh? I guess I don't know you, but you're lucky to live in Chicago... 

D:

Are you a Cubs fan? I am!

Anyway.

$40 - $30 (gift card) = $10

Nuts & Bolts = $10
    Banjo-Kazooie = $15

Pay $10, save $15, get two games.

I'm sold. I didn't realize it cost only $40, thanks for the information.

Edit: Waytaaaa minueeeeet! If the pre-order bonus let's me play Banjo-Kazooie on November 12, I won't be finished with whatever game I am getting on Oct. 21, so I don't need to get the game early. I will still save some money, but...

Eh, I'll think about it. Thanks for the help, everybody."
    caption
    caption
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Gizmo said:
    caption
    caption
    "

What's with the guy all the way in the back, to the right. Is that a white guy with an MS painted black face?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.