Would you pay full price for this?

#1 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Is it worth the whole $60?

The reason I ask is because I'm in the UK, and Nuts and Bolts is £40 here - the standard full price for games. Even with all the sales going on at the moment, with most new releases reduced to around £20 to £30, Nuts and Bolts still remains the full £40. I just can't make myself pay that amount when I know I'm almost paying double what I should be. Nuts and Bolts looks too good to pass on though.
#2 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5541830/Banjo-Kazooie-Nuts-Bolts/Product.html

Well its £25 on play.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

I payed full price for it being in the UK, and It was totally worth it. Brad said that it was $60 worth of game when asked that question on the bombcast.

#4 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Its full price in the euro zone.

#5 Edited by samcotts (2258 posts) -
Teh_Eel said:
"http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5541830/Banjo-Kazooie-Nuts-Bolts/Product.html

Well its £25 on play."
Thanks. I have no idea why I didn't check Play.com, it's normally the place I go for buying games online.

Well, the question still stands.
#6 Posted by deadpoool (104 posts) -
#7 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -

Yes I would easily pay full price.

#8 Posted by JacobBrodersen (321 posts) -

i did... i live in Europe...

#9 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Easily.

#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I totally would. Nevermind my Mumbo Jumbo avatar, that probably makes my opinion seem irrelevant. I've definitely found Nuts & Bolts to be one of the most enjoyable and creative games I've played all year.

#11 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
#12 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Simple answer: Yes.

#13 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

I ended up paying around 550kr for it which is almost full price here. So I´d guess I have to say yes.

#14 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

yeah totally.

#15 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

Nah, I don't know what it is, so nah.

#16 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
Would you pay full price for this?

Yes
#17 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

If there had been an $80 collectors edition with some kind of stupid bonus, I would have bought it. Huge nostalgia for the old games, and the new one is absolutely worth it.

#18 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

Yes, without a doubt I would pay full price. The game is really fantastic.

#19 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Without a second thought.

#20 Posted by Kazona (3068 posts) -

It's that good huh? Hmmm, maybe I should give it a try after all.

#21 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

Oh yeah! Kind of wish it would get some more attention but unfortunately.......

#22 Posted by Lieutenant (347 posts) -

No, It easily justified the 20$ I got it for but 60$ it is a bit tougher to chew

#23 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2498 posts) -

Nope, just wasn't into it that much.

#24 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Not really, though I don't feel like I wasted my money as I got the original B&K for free and 500+ achievement points which are nice.

#25 Posted by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

Yes.

Twice.
#26 Edited by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Considering I won't even buy it for $40: no. Sure, I'm going to be the obvious buzz kill, but I thought the demo was terrible, in my opinion.

#27 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Seems worth it

#28 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -
Karmum said:
"Considering I won't even buy it for $40: no. Sure, I'm going to be the obvious buzz kill, but I thought the demo was terrible, in my opinion."
No arguments here! The demo was fine to see what was going on there. The problem was spending so little time to see what was a really fun game. Reminds me of that Burnout Paradise demo....they're hard to demo. I don't even think the first 3-4 hours of that game are totally worth deciding if you like it or not. Takes a while before you unlock and see enough.

What good am I if I have to be the apologist for a demo anyway, right? :)
#29 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

i definitely would have.

#30 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -
Karmum said:
"Considering I won't even buy it for $40: no. Sure, I'm going to be the obvious buzz kill, but I thought the demo was terrible, in my opinion."
the DEMO was terrible, the GAME is awesome.

hey if you don't like games that take a old school feeling game with awesome puzzles, with full HD visuals, suit yourself, I will take this all day.
#31 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

This game is amazing. I got it yesterday and absolutely love it.

#32 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Definitely, it's one of my favorite games this gen.

#33 Posted by bjorno (1416 posts) -

mos def

#34 Posted by Woffls (127 posts) -

hell, I paid full price for it in the UK....

#35 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

I'm from the UK, I'm glad I paid full price.  Hell I'm waiting with points on my account just in case Rare release some DLC for it

#36 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I dunno. I'm still at: "Would You Pay $40 for this?"

#37 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Just like Burnout Paradise, I hated the demo and didn't pick it up until I found it new for half price and then found out I absolutely loved the game.
If I knew both of those would be as awesome as they turned out I'd pay full price, but alas for them.

#38 Edited by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

Oh fuck yeah this game is a lot of fun, it really brings me back to when I was playing Banjo Kazooie on the N64 before I could bust a nut.

#39 Posted by FlipperDesert (2087 posts) -

I got it from Gamestation for £25 and it's totally worth more, it's a damn shame Microsoft didn't market the hell out of it.

#40 Posted by Crono (2669 posts) -

The game is awesome, def would have paid 60 for it.  The demo doesn't do this game any justice.  This is one of the best non-shooter experiences on 360; a great game for those who are tired of playing "FPS #X"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.