Ex Rare developers have joined forces to make Banjo-Threeie.

#1 Posted by Hizang (9359 posts) -

So a bunch of guys who used to be at Rare and a few others (Grant Kirkhope and artist Steven Hurst) have formed a small team, they hope to create the spiritual successor to Banjo-Tooie. Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was a fantastic game, but many people didn't like the direction it took, so these guys hope to make the next one of those. They have set up a Twitter account for you to give your support, they have given no word about anything not even console. But I assume it will be a 360 Exclusive.

https://twitter.com/MingyJongo

I wish them the best of luck.

#2 Posted by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

After playing Nuts and Bolts, I would never want a traditional Banjo game again. N+B was too unique to go back from. Another world-based Mario 64 clone would be pretty dull.

#3 Posted by Ben_H (3615 posts) -

OH GOD YES 

Though until this is verified it is probably just in the rumour category. I knew Grant Kirkhope was working on something. He kept mentioning his new project on Twitter but never said what it was.

#4 Posted by Vinny_Says (5911 posts) -

That`s great to hear, and I hope this happens, but call me when they decide to make Donkey Kong 64-2.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5919 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

After playing Nuts and Bolts, I would never want a traditional Banjo game again. N+B was too unique to go back from. Another world-based Mario 64 clone would be pretty dull.

Agreed. I want a Nuts & Bolts sequel way more than another 3D platformer.

#6 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1327 posts) -

THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!!

FFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by bibamatt (1123 posts) -

They're not wanting to develop Banjo Threeie. They couldn't even if they wanted to. They don't own the rights to Banjo and have said that they want to create 'something new'. These guys don't have any ties to Microsoft I don't think?

But yeah, FUCK YES!

#8 Posted by big_jon (6151 posts) -

I need this!

Is this still a thing or was it canned?

#9 Posted by Senno (80 posts) -

Well, here's hoping that they get the time and the resources to be able to make the game they want and the consumers will enjoy it. And another Banjo title would be welcome, I believe, but perhaps it could take what was good from Nuts and Bolts and fuse it with what was good about the originals.

#10 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (175 posts) -

It's still a thing, but they are making ios games too. It will be a very long time before we see our good friend Banjo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.