Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 29, 1998

Play as lovable goofball Banjo the bear and his bird pal Kazooie in the first of many adventures as they collect valuable "Jiggies" in order to face the vile witch, Gruntilda and save Banjo's sister Tooty.

Is there a concept page for wiggly text?

johnsonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been playing through Banjo Kazooie and when Gruntilda's nice sister Brentilda tells you about the gross details of Gruntie, the key words in the sentence wiggle around, I guess is the best way I can put it. I feel like I've seen another game do this on an episode of UPF, though I don't know what game that was. It's a pretty endearing effect, so I feel it might warrant a page if we can find other games with this trait. So does this page exist? Also anyone know what game that was on UPF that did this?

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

There are so many games that incorporate wiggly text! Super Mario RPG and Golden Sun are amongst the earliest that come to mind.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer7 is one as well!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Are you referring to the effect where it makes it seem as if someone drew every frame individually so it looks like it wiggles?

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:

Are you referring to the effect where it makes it seem as if someone drew every frame individually so it looks like it wiggles?

No, this text moves up and down on a sinusoidal curve, but each letter is offset by 10 or 15 degrees, so the whole phrase or whatever is wiggling like a worm.

It seems to be a variant of how Zelda games will highlight key words in red or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.